• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Rocky Road Brownies -- Spice It Up?

In summary, the conversation discussed using the RR Brownie recipe for a show, but finding it a bit boring for an interactive presentation. Some ideas for spicing up the presentation included using different types of chocolate, adding mix-ins, making it a competition, using fun baking tools, creating a brownie bar, having a blind taste test, using fun decorations, hosting a brownie decorating contest, turning them into a dessert, and sharing fun facts about brownies.
Kate0831
Gold Member
I'm doing a show tonight, and we chose the RR Brownies as our recipe. I like using this recipe because it's relatively quick, and they are just so darn good. However, I've made them myself and also have done this recipe at another show, and find the preparation of the recipe to be a bit boring. I like to involve the guests in the preparation of the recipe as my show format, and there just aren't a lot of "fun" things to do with this recipe to get people trying out the products.Any ideas on how to spice up the presentation a little bit? Thanks!

We talked about chocolate and how we all need it and it's good for us... I gave them tips like don't measure flour by scooping which they loved. I had them talk about different products we weren't using like and the MFP and the UM and that brought up others as well. I had them helping a lot. One was stirring the chocolate mixture while another broke the eggs and another unwrapped the candy, etc. We also did several sauces with cream cheese and crackers but that was ready when they got there and we just mentioned it.

1. Use different types of chocolate: Instead of just using regular chocolate chips, try using white chocolate, dark chocolate, or even flavored chocolate chips like mint or caramel. This will add some variety and excitement to the recipe.2. Add mix-ins: Instead of just making plain brownies, why not add some mix-ins like nuts, dried fruit, or even candy pieces? This will give guests the opportunity to customize their own brownies and make them even more delicious.3. Make it a competition: Divide the guests into teams and have them compete to see who can make the best brownies. Give them a set of ingredients and let them get creative with their toppings and mix-ins. This will add a fun and interactive element to the recipe.4. Use fun baking tools: Instead of just using a regular baking pan, try using mini muffin tins or a shaped baking pan to make the brownies more visually appealing. You can also use fun cookie cutters to cut the brownies into different shapes.5. Make a brownie bar: Set up a "brownie bar" with different toppings and mix-ins for guests to choose from. This will give them the opportunity to create their own unique brownie combinations.6. Have a blind taste test: Blindfold guests and have them taste different types of brownies to see if they can guess which one is the RR Brownie recipe. This will add a fun and competitive element to the presentation.7. Use fun decorations: Once the brownies are baked and cooled, have guests decorate them with frosting, sprinkles, or other toppings to make them look even more delicious and appealing.8. Have a brownie decorating contest: Give guests different decorating supplies and have them decorate their own brownies. The most creative and visually appealing brownie wins a prize.9. Make them into a dessert: Instead of just serving plain brownies, turn them into a decadent dessert by serving them with ice cream, whipped cream, and other toppings. This will make the presentation more exciting and indulgent.10. Share some fun facts: Before starting the recipe, share some interesting facts about brownies or the history of the RR Brownie recipe. This will make the presentation more educational and engaging for guests.

1. How do I make the "Rocky Road Brownies -- Spice It Up" recipe?

To make this delicious recipe, you will need to preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, using the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan, mix together the dry ingredients according to the recipe card. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and gradually add them to the dry mixture. Once the batter is well mixed, pour it into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and serving.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the "Rocky Road Brownies -- Spice It Up" recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions to this recipe to suit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour, or dairy-free chocolate chips instead of regular ones. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste may vary slightly with substitutions.

3. How many servings does the "Rocky Road Brownies -- Spice It Up" recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 servings in the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan. If you are using a different sized pan, the number of servings may vary. You can also adjust the serving size by cutting the brownies into smaller or larger pieces.

4. Can I make "Rocky Road Brownies -- Spice It Up" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. After baking and cooling the brownies, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the brownies for up to 3 months.

5. What other toppings can I add to the "Rocky Road Brownies -- Spice It Up" recipe?

While the recipe calls for mini marshmallows and chopped almonds, you can get creative and add your own toppings. Some ideas include chopped walnuts, shredded coconut, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce. Just make sure to add the toppings before baking the brownies so they can stick to the batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pckellyd
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies