• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FIL Loses Job After 40 Years: Prayers Appreciated

This is so sad, I feel for your friend. Prayers for them.This is so sad, I feel for your friend. Prayers for them.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Well, my FIL got fired today after almost 40 years with this company...family-owned.

They cut his pay by 40% a few years ago and he still stuck it out...partially out of loyalty, partially because I don't think he knew what to do at his age - he's in his late 60's.

I e-mailed my MIL and they seem to be taking it o.k. but I know it is hard.

Please pray for peace and that they don't have a hassle with unemployment and that he can figure out what to do after this long of a time...not like you can go back to school very well...

prayers sent your way

So sorry to hear this happened to you FIL. Almost 40 years with a company is very commendable these days. Praying for peace for the family!

Praying for them!!!! This is so sad after 40 years.

I'm so sorry. They'll be in my prayers.

So sorry to hear this, prayers for the family.

Sorry to hear this, Janet. I'll keep your family in prayer.

What a sad thing. It seems like this is happening all over. Praying for everyone in that situation.

So sorry to hear this Janet. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

I hate to hear news like this. When you have an employee that is that dedicated to their job to just pull the rug out from under them is wrong. I will keep your in-laws in my thoughts and prayers.

One of my very close friends just lost her job that she has had for 21 years. She thought she was going in to find out what her raise would be and they instead told her that her position was being eliminated and could she leave at that moment? They would schedule a time for her to come and get her personal belongings after hours b/c they didn't want to deal with (and I quote) "the fanfare".

I feel so badly for everyone losing their jobs right now. I am grateful to have mine but am very overworked and stressed out by it.

Janet, I wish your in-laws the very best and hope that your FIL will find peace with his new-found freedom of time.

Oh Janet - that is horrible - prayers and positive thoughts for him and the whole family -

I'm so sorry to hear this Janet. It is so hard to lose your job, especially when you have been working somewhere that long. I know from experience, although I was only about half the years he had.

I will be praying for them.

So sorry to hear this news Janet. That must just be devestating after all of those years, and it seems that guys in particular tend to feel that so much of their identity and self worth comes from being a provider and being valued at their place of employment...

I will pray for him, both for a new position, and just in handling this news.

Prayers sent upstairs!

1. What happened to FIL?

Unfortunately, FIL lost his job after 40 years of working with the company. This was a difficult and unexpected situation for him and our family.

2. How is FIL coping with the loss of his job?

FIL is understandably feeling a mix of emotions right now. He is sad to leave behind a job he has dedicated so much time and effort to, but he is also hopeful for the future and excited for new opportunities.

3. How can we help FIL during this difficult time?

Your prayers and support mean a lot to FIL and our family. If you have any job leads or connections that may be helpful, we would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, just being there for FIL and offering words of encouragement can make a big difference.

4. What is the next step for FIL?

FIL is currently looking for new job opportunities and updating his resume. He is also taking some time to reflect on his career goals and what he wants to do next. We are confident that he will find a new job that is a great fit for him.

5. Has Pampered Chef offered any support to FIL during this time?

As a company, we value and support our employees, including those who have retired or left the company. We have reached out to FIL to offer our assistance and resources in finding a new job. We also continue to keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • pamperedbecky
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Crystal Patton