• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Feeling Like I Am Done With Pampered Chef!!

In summary, you are feeling burned out and like you are done with your PC business. You love the job, but you are looking for ways to increase your business. You've tried leaving information at various places, but you haven't had any luck. You are encouraged to keep going, but you also need advice on how to increase your business.
milkangel
i really feel like i am done with pc even i really do not want to be but i have no idea. I do have 2 people tha thad said yes to catlaog in nov but not gotten back to me yet and i do have one catalog show in jan but nothing else and also i have really burnt my contacts out. What to do? i love this Job and it helps with the little things. And can not forget that i get to stay home with my kids. What have you all done to get where you are at? i know i can get more leads for show but to find them and get bokings. i left cards and catalogs at quite a few places and nothing yet. I know that this is what I should be doing because i Felt that the Lord was leading me here to this biz. i have fun and my hubby understands it now. i am going to read up on ideas for bookings at the hostpital on dec 23rd and after. i really hat to give this up. Any suggestions will help and ideas. what do i need to do? i do not want give this up and i feel sad that i want more and can to get there.:cry: Please pray that i will keep going.

I'm not going to tell you anything new, but reminders are often helpful. Go back to those places where you've left info. Talk to the workers there. You say you've burnt your contacts out. Are you sure about that? Go back to your list of 100. (If you haven't done that, now's the time.) Is there anyone on that list that you haven't actually talked to about hosting a show?Most importantly, talk to your recruiter and director (if they aren't the same person). They may be able to help you fine-tune your approach.Best wishes!

I hear you because I've been there. I felt that I could listen to the tele classes and get great ideas on this website to get more bookings at my shows but I needed shows to be able to get there! It is a very frustrating place to be, but don't give up! Here are a few options that you may not have thought of:* There is a 118 ways to get bookings file in the files section - check that out.
* Definitely, definitely try to get involved with booths. These are the best way to meet new people and get involved with new circles. You can search online for fairs and festivals in your area, home shows, Taste of home, Christmas craft fairs, etc.
* Stay positive and keep catalogs and business cards with you, you can initiate conversations pass them out and follow up with phone calls.
* Lastly, a great way to get connected is to go through the customer base that you have and make sure they are loving their products, see if they need anything etc. Follow the CHEF model on Consultant's Corner.Best wishes - stay positive. I have found that there is a bit of an ebb and flow until one builds their business to that solid stable point. But we can get there. :)

While you can still get bookings this time of year, it can be hard sometimes! I went from having 10 in November to 2 in December. Don't give up, keep trying. Like Rae said, follow up is the key.

It really is important to follow-up with people. Eventually, you may find that people contact you, but it takes awhile to build up your business to work itself.Do you send a monthly e-newsletter? Do you hear of expos, booths, events in your area that you could be a part of? This is a good way to get your name out and get names/emails to receive your newsletter. Do you LOVE PC products? Do you think our host program is great? Do you believe that our products are a good value? It matters what you believe b/c it shows to others.Do you have a relationship with some of the places you've left your information at? Try a lead box. Give away a prize (a free cooking show, a season's best, a gift certificate, whatever). The idea is to get names so that YOU can contact THEM. Encourage people to give you a wishlist. This way when something is on special, you can contact them. People love a sale and they love to know that you are willing to remember them. I got two catalog shows based on contacting people about the 20% off stoneware sale. They weren't huge, but they were virtually zero work. Even for those, I did have to follow up a few times.Maybe organize your own expo. Encourage attendance by raising money for an organization. It may get you free advertising and space. Charge for booth space or a % of sales.Patience...it can sometimes take awhile for your business to take off. It took me almost a year to have a show with someone that wasn't a friend or family! Now I get contacted by people that know someone that stopped at a booth! Crazy!!Good luck. Remember that reading is great, but it does nothing if you don't practice what you read. I'm guilty of it too :).

My husband listens to me sometimes when I make my calls. He's a real sales type, and is good at pointing out how I say things and what difference wording makes. Are you asking closed ended questions or "vomiting at the mouth"? I know I'm notorious for that. I try to let my customers do more of the talking (really hard for me), and sometimes they talk themselves into hosting.

See if your Director or a fellow consultant can do some role-playing with you, and help you with word choices.

i have talkes to my recruiter and director and neather of them know what to say anymore. my recruiter has pretty much given up on pc but she does still make a few orders to stay active but only in catalog shows. i told my director but she too has no i dea what to say any more.

milkangel said:
i have talkes to my recruiter and director and neather of them know what to say anymore. my recruiter has pretty much given up on pc but she does still make a few orders to stay active but only in catalog shows. i told my director but she too has no i dea what to say any more.

How long have you been in the business? I wouldn't give up so easy, just because they are out of suggestions doesn't mean there isn't one out there that will work for you. Have you asked for referrals? I've booked a ton of shows in the last two years from my 4th show when I first started which was a referral from my MIL - who will never actually have a show of her own. Referrals are a great thing when people around you don't want to do much to help out.

Plus, right now with the baby so close, you are probably just stressing over it all too much. Keep working what you can for now and see how you feel after the new year and after your new baby. We all have our down time, if I had it my way, I probably would have quit in March of this year but I posted my issues on here, got a lot of great support (including some personal advice I was really needing to hear) and have been doing great since then. I went from having 1 show in March 8 months ago to 6-10 in the last 4 months. Just because you are down now doesn't mean your business won't pick up later. Pick a couple great ideas you want to focus on and try those. Don't streatch yourself too thin trying everything! Just do a few and see what you can get. If you don't get anything, try something else until you do! We are here for you.

I'm not going to give you any suggestions because they wouldn't be anything new.....get involved with booths, ask everyone, join a new club/group, etc. But I will tell you that everyone has been there or will be there with their business. I have been doing this for over 11 years - mostly part time and I actually went inactive for nearly a year after a big, international move with the military. I have thought several times that I was done, but I always keep coming back. I love it, too. Now I simply think about the few times I have considered quitting and focus on getting back into a posative mindframe. Just one little thing going your way can get you back on the right track. A lot of it is simply attitude. When things are going badly it's easy to get discouraged but one thing going right can give you the motivation you need. Work to find your motivation and the rest will come with that determination. Hope you make a choice that is right for you and your family.

I would suggest that you write up a plan of action. Get a system going...
such as:
1) deliver catalogs to businesses... write down where you went and then go back one or two times to visit with them. Offer to bring a dessert for them.
2) Host your own party.. maybe to taste the recipes.
3) Go to the local schools. ask if you can set up one day in the teacher's lounge and get orders... or would the secretary do this for you to get the free stuff.
4) get set up to take catalogs to the hospital to get orders from nurses and even other new moms.

I really do suggest to write down your plan of action.. For one it will keep you on track and help with follow up. It will also let you see that you are doing things.

Set it up like this:
Monday: Put here what you plan on doing Monday
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:
Give yourself space after each day to write down your plans.. then highlight or circle the jobs accomplished.
I have read your e-mails and feel your pain. But you are doing the right thing.. Don't give up. And know that we are ALL struggling at this point.
Also allow yourself to relax these last few weeks before the baby... You will need your rest. Good Luck!!! And congrats on the up and coming baby. And don't give up!!

I think attitude has alot to do with it. If you continually think "This idea won't work for me" and think this for everything then you will not succeed. Sometimes we need to think outside the box.

Also this is a hectic time for you with the new baby and the holidays. Maybee you should just take a break and re-evaluate after the holidays. Enjoy you new little one! After all that's why we do these kinds of Buisnesses.

Also if you are at risk of going inactive the first of the year is the best time to do it as far as trip points go.

i have thought about this sorta thing in the past and somehow it alwasy turns around and i acually get some shows. like most of you said that i should re-evaluate why i had joind this biz. i do get sadisfaction from pc even if i only do a few a month. I know there is a group out there that i ahve not touched yet. i keep seeing it that way. i do not think that i have ben doing what i need to be doing even if we have not much money. Also my mother in law does not think highly of this biz. but my parents are happy i am doing it and so is my hubby. i told him one time that i thinking of quiting and he asked why. i tlod him and he said dont because i live it so much and he understands it more now than ever. his side is not suportive at all but maby one or 2 people are. i am watching the traning video and it is bring in it back to me now. i have not made out my 100 list yet. because i don think i can come up with that meany. but i am thinking i can now. also i do come acrose meany say that i have enought products but i know there is more people out there. it will be great if i can earn the tip next year but i need to refocuse every thing right now inorder to get it. thank you all for your support. i am not going to another ds company because i have tryed afew more but they are nothing like this company. I have to much fun.

YEA!!!! Way to go milkangel......Make lemonaid out of lemons!! Pampered Chef is the best company!!

How to get shows when there is 13 consultanst nere by. 4including mein the same town and one in a town very close by? i really feel like i am doing something wrong here but i have no idea. I have tryed braking down my goals and i get nowhere with them. i want a few more bookings in a month and i get no where with it. What sould i do?

I haven't read everyone else's ideas, but the best advice I can give is it's not about you it's about THEM!

When you ask if they (potential host) want to have a show you have to give them a reason to have one. Example February is 60% anything they want in the catalog. You have to say example, "I thought of you when I heard what our host special is for February - 60% off anything in the catalog." "I know you were interested in getting a set of our cookware." "This would be the best time to get it." "They hardly ever give you a choice of anything in the catalog for the host special." This makes it urgent for them to have a show in February!

When you call to follow-up w/a past host or customer you need to look-up what they purchased and then tell them, "Lisa, was just using (same item they purchased) and thought about you." "How are you liking it?" If they love it and want more products, then tell them about the host specials!

It's always about them. Give them what they want and you will get what you want:)!

1. Why do I feel like I am done with Pampered Chef?

Feeling done with Pampered Chef can have various reasons. It could be due to lack of motivation, personal circumstances, or changes in the company. It's important to identify the root cause and address it accordingly.

2. Can I still host parties or events if I am feeling done with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can still host parties or events even if you are feeling done with Pampered Chef. It's a great way to reconnect with your customers and potentially rekindle your passion for the business. Plus, it's a good opportunity to earn some extra income.

3. What can I do to reignite my passion for Pampered Chef?

If you are feeling done with Pampered Chef, try to identify what initially drew you to the company and focus on that. You can also talk to your upline or attend training sessions to learn new techniques and products. Additionally, connecting with other consultants can help reignite your passion.

4. Is it normal to feel burnt out with Pampered Chef?

Yes, it's normal to feel burnt out with any job or business. Running a Pampered Chef business requires a lot of time, effort, and energy. It's important to take breaks and prioritize self-care to avoid burnout. Remember, it's okay to take a step back and reevaluate your goals and priorities.

5. Can I take a break from Pampered Chef and come back later?

Yes, you can take a break from Pampered Chef and come back later. The company understands that life happens and priorities shift. You can contact your upline or the Pampered Chef support team to discuss options for taking a break. When you are ready to come back, you can pick up where you left off.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • sfdavis918
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • milkangel