• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Feel Better About This!

In summary, the speaker had a show on May 18 with a repeat host who was interested in signing, but had personal things to take care of in June or July. Only 2 people showed up and did not qualify. The speaker followed up multiple times but did not hear back from the host. The speaker gave the host until Tuesday to respond before adding the orders to another show. The speaker also left a message for the host and emailed her. The speaker feels bad for the guests who ordered to help the host out. The speaker plans to call the guests and offer to submit their orders individually. It is mentioned that the host should have submitted orders by the night of the show, and the speaker will submit orders tonight for anyone who wants
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I had a show May 18 with a repeat host who was interested in signing as soon as she got some personal things taken care of (June or July she told me). She only had 2 people show and didn't even qualify that day. Well, I did the normal follow up to close and didn't hear anything from her. Emailed her, nothing. Called a couple more times, nothing. Last Sunday, I called her and said that if I don't hear from by Tuesday I would add the orders to a current show that is open so that her guests can get their products. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I still have done nothing with her orders. I just feel bad and I don't know why! I know that as a customer, they will want their products. It's almost a month later. I have only had this happen once before but that host really burned me because I drove 2 hours there and she guaranteed me 5-8 people so I didn't feel bad at all. But I know this current host from several shows (as a guest and host) and we had talked about her signing. I feel a little stuck but really want to get these orders in.

If it is only 2 orders, I would call them, explain to them that you are having a hard time catching "the host", you hope that it is nothing serious, and ask them if they would like you to go ahead and order their items, or wait until you hear from the "host".

Personally, I would also leave a message on the host answering machine and/ or email that you have not been able to reach her and that by Friday you will be turning her orders in on another show.

good luck

I agree with Carol. I feel that 1 month is too long to wait for an order that you placed at a show, and it might be putting a sour taste in the guests mouths while they wait for their things because the host is not holding up her end of the bargain. Just my opinion. I hope you are able to get it all worked out. I guess I just wouldn't want to wait for my orders and would add them to another show. Call them first to explain what is happening and how you will rectify it... then go from there.

Good Luck!! And, I'm sorry you had to go through this, it's really no fun...

There were 4 guests total - 2 outside orders. I think I will call the guests tonight and see what they want to do. I always feel for those people who order just to help the host out and then the host flakes like this.

wadesgirl said:
There were 4 guests total - 2 outside orders. I think I will call the guests tonight and see what they want to do. I always feel for those people who order just to help the host out and then the host flakes like this.
I'm with you on that- best of luck- let us know how it turns out!!

Don't give the guests the option. TELL THEM.

Say I cant get ahold of Suzy but I am going to go ahead and submit your orders TONIGHT as individual orders. Offer to cover the additional shipping charge---as a thank you for being patient.

I always tell my hosts I am closing the NIGHT of the show. All OOF must be in by that evening. (sometimes I will extend it for 3 days) but that's it. ANd nothing usually materializes by then anyway, but I still give it to them. Then I call the host on say the 3rd say and say "I will be submitting your show tonight, if anyone else wants to order, they can call me direct for a individual order".

I hope that helps---its a fine line, but the guests should not wait. You are penalizing the people that CAME to the show...they are the ones who want the stuff!

vwpamperedchef said:
Don't give the guests the option. TELL THEM.

Say I cant get ahold of Suzy but I am going to go ahead and submit your orders TONIGHT as individual orders. Offer to cover the additional shipping charge---as a thank you for being patient.

I always tell my hosts I am closing the NIGHT of the show. All OOF must be in by that evening. (sometimes I will extend it for 3 days) but that's it. ANd nothing usually materializes by then anyway, but I still give it to them. Then I call the host on say the 3rd say and say "I will be submitting your show tonight, if anyone else wants to order, they can call me direct for a individual order".

I hope that helps---its a fine line, but the guests should not wait. You are penalizing the people that CAME to the show...they are the ones who want the stuff!
I usually give my hosts a couple days as alot of them will collect more orders after their show. We set a date the day of the show to close.

Your host may simply be embarrassed at the way her show turned-out. I've found that more and more people these days avoid uncomfortable situations by just ignoring communications about them.

I agree about letting the guests know you are submitting their orders (with maybe a SB thrown in). You can send one more email to the host explaining you have processed her guest's orders and you like her tremendously and hope you can continue to serve her as a consultant. (This gives her a gracious out.)

Bless and release. :)

legacypc46 said:
Your host may simply be embarrassed at the way her show turned-out. I've found that more and more people these days avoid uncomfortable situations by just ignoring communications about them.

I agree about letting the guests know you are submitting their orders (with maybe a SB thrown in). You can send one more email to the host explaining you have processed her guest's orders and you like her tremendously and hope you can continue to serve her as a consultant. (This gives her a gracious out.)

Bless and release. :)
That was my thought. This is the 2nd show she has done for me. The first one barely qualified, this one of course has not. I was going to throw in a SB, I like to give those away.

1. What is "Help Me Feel Better About This!"?

"Help Me Feel Better About This!" is a Pampered Chef cookbook that focuses on recipes and tips for creating comforting and nourishing meals for those going through a difficult time. It offers a variety of dishes that are easy to make and can help bring a sense of comfort and healing.

2. Are the recipes in "Help Me Feel Better About This!" specifically for people with certain dietary restrictions?

Yes, the cookbook includes a range of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. The recipes also prioritize using fresh and healthy ingredients to promote overall well-being.

3. Can I purchase "Help Me Feel Better About This!" for a friend or family member who is going through a tough time?

Absolutely! "Help Me Feel Better About This!" makes for a thoughtful and practical gift for anyone who could use some extra comfort and nourishment during a difficult period. You can purchase the cookbook through our website or a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Are there any specific recipes in "Help Me Feel Better About This!" that are recommended for certain illnesses or conditions?

The cookbook does not claim to cure or treat any specific illness or condition. However, it does offer a range of recipes that can help provide comfort and nourishment for those going through different health challenges. We recommend consulting with a healthcare professional for personalized dietary advice.

5. Can I find these recipes online or only in the "Help Me Feel Better About This!" cookbook?

The recipes in "Help Me Feel Better About This!" are exclusive to the cookbook and cannot be found online. However, you can purchase the cookbook through our website or a Pampered Chef consultant to access these delicious and comforting recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jilleysue
  • mrshamel3808
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy