• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Discouraged: Low Show Numbers in August

In summary, Stacie's advice is to keep trying and to host your own show if you don't have enough booked. Gina's advice is to wait for the new catalog and to try and schedule later in the month. Shawna's advice is to host your own show and to bring an adult friend. Colleen's advice is to wait for the new catalog and to try and schedule later in the month.
StacieB
Gold Member
I am kind of bummed right now. I have only 2 shows scheduled for August. I have only been doing 3-4 each month, but I really wanted to continue that and even go higher each month. I do have about 5 scheduled for September, but August is looking like a flop so far. I have tried calling everyone and they all say that they are to busy till fall and want to have a show with the new catalog when it comes out. Any suggestions? Sorry for the wines!!!:rolleyes:

Hi Stacie,

We all go through this at one time or another - I remember having 2 months last year with nothing so I always feel if you have at least a couple of shows on the calendar that you're doing a good job! And with 5 for September you should be set up for a nice fall - good work! Just keep trying and at least if people are interested in the fall then you should have a great one.

Thanks Gina!!

Depending when your Aug shows are,you might be able to schedule some later in the month. I've been using this line at shows and it's working! "Don't think that scheduling a show in the next two weeks is too soon to have one... everyone know what they are doing in the next two weeks... no one knows what they are doing yet in September so you'll have more people able to come." It totally works and the shows that have scheduled with me within 2-3 weeks of the show they attended have all had 15+ people there. Don't give up!

Thanks Colleen!! I am still working on it!! Great idea! Might do some out of the box calls today as well!!

I'm kinda bummed too. I have been so excited since returning from conference. I have been talking to everyone about PC. I have 2 recruits and I have been pumped up about getting to go to Leadership. Well, I had emailed one of my recruits to remind her she needed to turn in a show this month to stay active. She emailed back that she has taken a teaching job and has no shows to turn in for July and doesn't have the energy to make contacts because she is putting everything into teaching. She did say that she has a few fall shows lined up that will put her back on active status later. She was so excited about PC before I went to conference and still excited when I returned and was talking to her about having a meeting to discuss all the new stuff and the promotion. This came out of nowhere. So, now I am bummed!

That is a bummer Shawna, I guess we just have to pick ourselves right back up and make the best of what we have coming up!!!

My advice would be to host your own show when you don't have enough shows... I have done this a few times a year (whether it be my own or begging a family member to do one for me). They aren't always the best shows, but they usually lead to bookings. Also, something I am focusing more on for my mystery host in august is to bring an adult friend that was not invited. Sometimes these are the people that are the most excited and it definitely leads to bookings outside your circle! Good luck and hang in there! We all go through it.

(((HUGS))), Stacie. Hang in there - there's still time to turn it around! I was bummed about August, too, until last night. I had one booked for the last week in Aug. and one booked for next Sat that looks like it may cancel (haven't heard from the host at all!!), and I was getting discouraged, too. But, at my show last night, two women who wanted to book future shows, who initially thought they would book them in Sept., ended up booking them in Aug. to get the knives on special!! I have one for the 16th and one for the 23rd now, in addition to the others! So, get on the phone and do those OOB calls, esp. to people who have purchased one of the forged knives in the past. I'm sure they love them and want more, and they can even get 2 at 60% off for having a cat. show (although cooking shows are always better!). I also like the idea of hosting your own show. I do this when I have a slow month, too. Do it on a night during the week (more people go away on the weekends in summer), and tell them you'll have giveaways and drawings for stuff, or offer a discount on discontinuing items. Anything as a "hook" to draw them in. You can do it! There's plenty of time!! Good luck and keep us posted, ok?!

Thanks Cathy, I am going to get on the phone tomorrow and call, call, call!!!

Ugh. I feel you! I just started in June and I got TONS of fall shows booked, but none in July! Only catalog shows. I can't wait until this week to finally have my third cooking show. Hang in there. Fall is right around the corner!!

One of the great ideas I heard at Conference was the unlimited 50% host show. My July was very light, so when I got back from conference I did a quick post conference newsletter and in it I offered an incentive to anyone who booked and held a show before the end of July (cooking or catalog). Everyone who booked got a free cookbook (I'll put the catalog shows in as cooking shows and use the extra FPV for the cookbook) and anyone who submits a $400 or higher show gets unlimited items at 50% off.

To do that, you essentially will give up your commission on the host's order (but not the rest of the show). At $400 they already have FPV and 2 half price items and 20% off everything else. I will take the extra 30% off of everything else they order (most expensive items will go in as the 2 1/2 price items with the show) as a consultant's gift payment. As the consultant's gift it is a business write off.

I got two shows booked before the end of July (working them right now, in fact) and an additional one booked for August (even though I wasn't offering her the special).

It's one way to get some of your September hosts to switch to August -- especially if you push the forged cutlery host special and point out that if they ALSO have a September show they will get TWO pieces of Cookware (or 2 sets) in September (as the host and past host through whom the show was booked).

Maybe suggest Catalog shows for August and Cooking shows in September with the new products...

1. How can I increase my show numbers in August?

One way to increase your show numbers in August is to promote your shows through multiple channels, such as social media, email, and in-person conversations. You can also offer a special promotion or incentive for guests who book a show during this month.

2. What can I do if my August show numbers are still low despite my efforts?

If your show numbers are still low despite your efforts, it may be helpful to reach out to past hosts and customers and ask them if they would be interested in hosting a show in August. You can also consider partnering with other consultants to co-host a show and potentially attract a larger audience.

3. Are there any specific products or themes that are popular in August?

In August, many customers are interested in products that are perfect for summer gatherings and back-to-school season. You can focus on promoting items such as grilling tools, quick and easy meal solutions, and lunchbox essentials for kids.

4. How can I motivate myself and stay positive when I have low show numbers?

It's important to remember that show numbers can fluctuate and it's not a reflection of your skills or efforts as a consultant. Stay positive by setting achievable goals, celebrating small successes, and reminding yourself of the benefits of hosting a show, such as building relationships with customers and earning rewards.

5. What can I do to plan for a successful August in the future?

To plan for a successful August in the future, it's important to analyze your past efforts and identify what worked well and what didn't. Consider adjusting your marketing strategies, planning ahead for promotions and incentives, and actively reaching out to potential hosts and customers in advance. Additionally, staying organized and managing your time effectively can help ensure a successful month.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
HealthNut
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • DessertDivaFL
  • General Chat
Replies