• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Pampered Chef Consultant: Tips for Success from a Year-Long 'Lurker

In summary, you are new to the business, and have been trying to "ramp it up" for your first conference. You wear a PC logo all the time, sent out 30 pampered a biz letters, and have had no success with getting people to host your mystery host show. You have dropped a catalog off everywhere, made phone calls, and are trying to break into a new crowd. Try fairs/festivals/farmer's markets in your area.
katt7576
Ok...after weeks of being a "lurker" and reading everyone's incredible ideas, I'm finally jumping in. Venting maybe, or just needing a little help but here goes...I'm relatively new....September will be a year. I have managed to stay active and actually have one qualified recruit. Since conference (my first) I want to "ramp it up" and walk as a director next year. So, I wear PC logo everyday, mailed out 30 pampered a biz letters (no results), sent out the 1000 mystery host show emails/snail mails and had 3 replies. I have one show scheduled for September (hoping she will be a recruit) and so far none for August...only 5 people who said they want to host, but won't call me back! I have dropped a catalog off everywhere I have been since returning from conference, trying to talk to strangers (not easy for me) and I just can't break out of this rut. I feel like everyone is rolling their eyes and saying "not that crazy PC lady calling/emailing again". My poor friends and family probably own the whole catalog and bless their hearts, they keep buying. I have GOT to break into a new crowd! Ok...at least I feel a little better! ;)

Hey There...it's been 5 years for me and I still haven't figured out how to get out of my original crowd. I think also that it is because it's so hard to just up and talk to folks about the business without feeling like I am bothering them (and incidentally I actually did just have a past host email like I was the crazy PC Lady and wants me to stop emailing her :( LOL) But the good news is we get to start all over each day! You sound like you are doing great with getting your name out there! I am sure you will make your goals for next year!

katt7576 said:
Ok...after weeks of being a "lurker" and reading everyone's incredible ideas, I'm finally jumping in. Venting maybe, or just needing a little help but here goes...I'm relatively new....September will be a year. I have managed to stay active and actually have one qualified recruit. Since conference (my first) I want to "ramp it up" and walk as a director next year. So, I wear PC logo everyday, mailed out 30 pampered a biz letters (no results), sent out the 1000 mystery host show emails/snail mails and had 3 replies. I have one show scheduled for September (hoping she will be a recruit) and so far none for August...only 5 people who said they want to host, but won't call me back! I have dropped a catalog off everywhere I have been since returning from conference, trying to talk to strangers (not easy for me) and I just can't break out of this rut. I feel like everyone is rolling their eyes and saying "not that crazy PC lady calling/emailing again". My poor friends and family probably own the whole catalog and bless their hearts, they keep buying. I have GOT to break into a new crowd! Ok...at least I feel a little better! ;)
Much of this sounds just like me! BUT, you may as well stop wasting time and money on snail mail. You have to make phone calls. If your Mystery Host show hasn't happened yet, then get on the phone and get those responses. I totally feel like people who I know are thinking "here comes that crazy PC lady". BUT, today I had a tiny breakthrough. I was trying to pick up the phone to call someone and thought to myself "who cares if she thinks that. I barely know her and it's not like we even say 'hi' to each other most of the time. I am a PC lady and have great things to offer."

See if there are any fairs/festivals/farmer's markets in your area. I moved in March, and since I have been at the Farmer's Market, my busienss is exploding, due to the leads/contacts/bookings. That is a great way to get out of your circle of friends/family.

It took me about a year to finally have a show with someone I didn't know. Now, I have people contacting me to do shows, so you CAN do it. If you are sending things out, that's great, but very few will contact you even if they think about it. So be sure to follow up with them. The mystery host show is great so have a flyer with you and talk to everyone you know about it. Make it sound really easy. $100 in orders is about 3-5 orders!! That doesn't seem as much as $100.

Try looking into doing some expos. There are tons of people that don't have a consultant. Do you know a lot of others from other companies? Do your own expo. Do you have a local charity you love? Get together and do a fundraiser. It doesn't make you much, but gets you new contacts. The advertising is usually free as is the location since it's a fundraiser.

As for being the crazy PC lady...just don't make it the only thing you talk about. Some people are going to feel that way. They will give you their email and freak out when you use it as though you just found it somewhere. That isn't always the case when people don't contact you though. They are busy and this is NOT the main thing on their minds. I have tons of things I've thought...I have to do this and by the time I think of it it's too late...day after day after day. Be sure you are happy when you call and that you really are excited and believe that you have something to offer. IF you are hesitant, they don't believe it anymore than you.

Check out more info on here and grabs lots of ideas. It won't happen instantly. It takes time. Good luck!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You all are exactly right! I have GOT to learn to use that phone!

JAE said:
Much of this sounds just like me! BUT, you may as well stop wasting time and money on snail mail. You have to make phone calls. If your Mystery Host show hasn't happened yet, then get on the phone and get those responses. I totally feel like people who I know are thinking "here comes that crazy PC lady". BUT, today I had a tiny breakthrough. I was trying to pick up the phone to call someone and thought to myself "who cares if she thinks that. I barely know her and it's not like we even say 'hi' to each other most of the time. I am a PC lady and have great things to offer."

THAT is soooo true!!

You need to be willing and able to get on the phone. If you aren't do not waste your time and $ on fairs or expos.

I understand your frustration. Getting on the phone is the hardest thing for me to do. I do know though that my business will not be where I want it to be untill I PICK UP THE PHONE

The phone is so hard for so many of us - myself included!!

Why is that??

redsoxgirl said:
The phone is so hard for so many of us - myself included!!

Why is that??
Hey! New avatar. I like it.

1. What are some tips for success as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

As a year-long "lurker" turned successful Pampered Chef consultant, I have a few tips to share. First, make sure to take advantage of all the training and resources provided by Pampered Chef. Attend webinars, read through the consultant manual, and reach out to your upline for support. Also, don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and host your own parties to gain experience and build your customer base. Finally, always follow up with your customers and provide excellent customer service to keep them coming back.

2. How can I grow my customer base as a new consultant?

One great way to grow your customer base is by hosting cooking parties. Reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances and offer to host a cooking party for them. This will not only introduce them to Pampered Chef products, but also give you the opportunity to showcase your skills as a consultant. You can also utilize social media and online marketing to reach a wider audience. Offer incentives for referrals and always follow up with potential customers to keep them engaged.

3. Is it necessary to invest in a lot of inventory when first starting out as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, it is not necessary to invest in a lot of inventory when first starting out. Pampered Chef offers a "virtual kit" option, where you can start your business without any physical inventory. This allows you to focus on building your customer base and earning money before investing in inventory. You can gradually build up your inventory as you gain more experience and make sales.

4. How can I stand out and be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant?

One way to stand out and be successful is by offering unique and personalized experiences for your customers. This can include hosting themed parties, creating customized recipes, or offering special deals and promotions. Additionally, always strive to provide excellent customer service and go above and beyond for your customers. This will help you build a loyal customer base and stand out from other consultants.

5. What are some common mistakes that new Pampered Chef consultants make?

One common mistake that new consultants make is not utilizing all the resources and training materials provided by Pampered Chef. It's important to take the time to learn about the products and business strategies in order to be successful. Another mistake is not following up with customers and not providing excellent customer service. Remember, happy customers are more likely to become repeat customers and refer others to your business. Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help from your upline or fellow consultants. They are there to support and guide you on your journey to success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views