• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling a Little Bummed Out.....

In summary, the speaker had a show this afternoon, and though they were initially excited about it being their last show of the year, they received a call for another show before the new year. The show had 5 guests and took place in a great location, but the speaker felt like they did a terrible job. They were stuck on what to say and forgot to mention important things throughout the show. They also made a brie dish that tasted good but looked terrible due to a mistake. Despite this, the guests seemed to enjoy it and the speaker feels better after venting. The speaker also shared that their sales were around $150 and they were hoping for $500 to give the host extra free products. They also mentioned selling the host
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Had a show this afternoon, which I was really excited about, 'cause I thought I was done for the year, 'til someone called me a couple of weeks ago for a show before the new year.

Anyway, there were 5 guests there, which was fine and an awesome location to do the show.

I'm a little ticked at myself though, 'cause I feel like I did a horrible show. I seemed to be stuck on what to say for most of the show and forgot to mention stuff throughout the whole thing. I hate it when I do that!!! :mad: And, I made the brie, which tasted great, but looked horrible, because I left it in the oven too long....:grumpy: It had been at room temperature, and I wasn't thinkin'......everyone loved it anyway, but it's a lot nicer when what you make actually looks like the picture in the recipe book!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I just needed to get it out and what better place to do that then here!! :) I feel better already!

You're probably harder on yourself than the guests are. They don't know what you did "wrong," unless you mentioned it.
Vent away, and then on to the next show!

Don't worry, and don't be so hard on yourself. How were your sales?

Your lucky I couldn't get anybody to do a show right after Christmas.

Thanks you guys. My sales are probably at around 150, but she's waiting for another 3 or so orders, so hopefully she'll end up with a good show. I would have liked it to get to 500 so that she would get extra free product......that's how I sold her dating her show in January!!

Yes, you're right, I should look at the positive side and then on with the next show!! :)

PChefPEI said:
Thanks you guys. My sales are probably at around 150, but she's waiting for another 3 or so orders, so hopefully she'll end up with a good show. I would have liked it to get to 500 so that she would get extra free product......that's how I sold her dating her show in January!!

Yes, you're right, I should look at the positive side and then on with the next show!! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope the other 3 orders a big ones;)

PChefPEI said:

Technically that show was a December show since it was held in December. The date of a cooking show is the date that the demo is held.

Related to Feeling a Little Bummed Out.....

1. How can I incorporate cooking into self-care when feeling down?

Cooking can be a great form of self-care when feeling down. It allows you to focus on a task and create something delicious for yourself. Try making a comforting meal or baking your favorite treat. The act of cooking and the end result can bring a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, which can help improve your mood.

2. What are some easy and nutritious meal options for when I'm feeling low?

When feeling down, it can be tempting to reach for unhealthy comfort foods. However, these may actually make you feel worse in the long run. Instead, try incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your meals. Some easy and nutritious options include smoothies, salads, and stir-fries. These meals will provide your body with the necessary nutrients to help boost your mood.

3. How can I make cooking more enjoyable when I'm feeling unmotivated?

When feeling down, it can be difficult to find motivation to cook. One way to make it more enjoyable is to involve a friend or family member. Cooking together can be a fun and social activity. You can also try putting on some music or listening to a podcast while cooking to make it more entertaining.

4. What are some tips for meal planning when dealing with low moods?

Meal planning can be helpful when feeling down as it takes away the stress of deciding what to eat every day. Start by creating a list of your favorite meals and ingredients. Then, plan out your meals for the week and make a grocery list. This will save you time and energy throughout the week and ensure you have nutritious meals ready to go.

5. Are there any specific ingredients or recipes that can help improve my mood?

While there is no specific ingredient or recipe that can magically improve your mood, there are certain foods that have been shown to have a positive impact on mental health. These include foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon and walnuts, and those rich in antioxidants, like berries and dark chocolate. Incorporating these into your meals can potentially help boost your mood.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • Monty060609