• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Home-Cooked Meals That Aren't Pampered Chef Recipes

In summary, my favorite "I don't want to cook" meal is Popcorn and Fudge, but it's not my favorite when I am not feeling like cooking.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
I've got a little time on my hands and thought it would be fun to start a thread and ask people what their favorite meal was that they make that isn't a Pampered Chef recipe, and also isn't made from scratch so to speak.

Tonight we are having Shake-n-Bake Chicken, and I must admist I love it! We have it at least 3 times a month. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I also love the cheesy broccoli rice I make with it! Mmmmmm- crispy chicken! My DH says that chicken is just the delivery system for crispy fried chicken skin. Hee-hee

I'm in the mood for an off the wall thread, and thought this could be a fun way to start! :)

Mix Russian Dressing (about half a bottle), one can of cranberries, one packet lipton onion soup...mix all and heat, pour over chicken breasts. Serve with rice.

I'm also a sucker for garlic/dill shrimp when making a treat for myself...

DH and DS would say their favorite is my spaghetti (homemade sauce) and rolls (crescent rolls with egg white and garlic salt).

I love BBQ beef-a recipe from my mom that is beef for stewing, various amounts that I never measure of beef broth, W sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and garlic, cooked REAL slow over a low heat served over rice.

DS says mashed potatoes, DD says grandma's homemade mac-n-cheese and DH says the "best chicken salad ever" which is a curry type of chicken salad.

Years ago I would have answered the original flavor tuna helper. Not anymore. I think they changed the makeup of the sauce powder about 10 years ago. It's just not the same. I still like it, but don't LOVE it like I used to! Right now, I am not sure what I would answer! I guess it would depend on what I was hungry for. If I had to answer right now, I would say my seafood salad (imitiation crab meat, thawed frozen peas, chopped onion, mayo, our dill seasoning and Old Bay...I can eat this stuff plain, but it makes a mean wrap if you add some Romaine lettuce!)

DH would probably answer Steak Um Sandwiches!

Grilled chicken (grill pan) and potato pierogi. Or Ikea meatballs, boiled potatoes and Ikea gravy. (Don't laugh - they sell frozen bags of the meatballs, and they're a good, easy dinner.)

One of our favorite, non-PC meals, that is also pretty much just heat and serve is Spinach and Cheese Ravioli (can't think of the brand name, but it's organic, and I buy it in the refrigerated section at Costco) with Organic Prego Pasta Sauce, and fresh parmesan grated over the top. I serve it with steamed broccoli, or green beans. We have this AT LEAST twice a month, and sometimes 3-4 times a month - takes 10 minutes to put it on the table! DS, who is 3.5, says this is his favorite meal.

At this moment I would have to say my Salsbury steak with buttery parslied egg noodles. I serve it with green beans or broccoli (made in our Lg Micro cooker).

I mix my ground beef with Beefy Onion lipton soup mix and a smidge of Cream of Mushroom & Herb soup (Campbells). I mix the remaining soup with milk then, after the meat is browned I take it out of the pan. I add the soup mixture to the pan and scrape the bottom then add the meat back. I LOVE this meal! It is not the healthiest thing in the world, but it is scrumptious and ALL of my kiddos eat it.

Chicken from the Publix (grocery store) Deli. Any of it, their fried chicken is the best! Lemon Pepper or Mardi Gras Chicken are fabulous too. When I don't feel like cooking I send DH to get Publix chicken while I steam some veggies in the micro-cooker. My favorite "I don't want to cook" meal.

pamperedlinda said:
Chicken from the Publix (grocery store) Deli. Any of it, their fried chicken is the best! Lemon Pepper or Mardi Gras Chicken are fabulous too. When I don't feel like cooking I send DH to get Publix chicken while I steam some veggies in the micro-cooker. My favorite "I don't want to cook" meal.

My favorite "I don't want to cook" meal is Popcorn and fudge...:D

Hey- that has food from 2 groups! The salty/crunchy group and the chocotastic!

Kitchen Diva said:
My favorite "I don't want to cook" meal is Popcorn and fudge...:D
Under normal circumstances this would be appealing to me. However, it was yucky and rainy here today (with our drought situation I am NOT complaining) but, DS and I stayed in all day and ate junk food. I am SO OVER junk food! I want something really really good, not salty, not greasy, not out of a bag, and not sweet! I need real food.

chefann said:
Hey- that has food from 2 groups! The salty/crunchy group and the chocotastic!
My Mom made that a couple times a year when I was growing up for supper. It wasn't until much later that I learned she was PMS'ing and was craving that as well, so that's what she made.

I later found a birthday card by Hallmark that said something about Popcorn and Fudge for dinner, and got it for her one year. She says she was a terrible mother for feeding my sister and me fudge and popcorn for supper, but it is one of the fondest memories I have of Her Royal Anal-ness. :)

I have to say chicke breast with Tastefully Simple Teriyai sauce, rice pilaf and veggies are my favorite "quick" meal. I do love Shake n Bake and Hamburger Helper. I know gross-right?

chefkristin said:
I have to say chicke breast with Tastefully Simple Teriyai sauce, rice pilaf and veggies are my favorite "quick" meal. I do love Shake n Bake and Hamburger Helper. I know gross-right?

If I could post a picture of Homer Simpson drooling over a donut...well that's how I feel about Shake and Bake Chicken thighs...

A personal fav and crowd pleaser is boneless, skinless chicken thighs mixed with olive oil and a pack (or 2 depending how many you are feeding) of Ranch Dressing Mix (just the powdery stuff). Let is marinate for a while or just a short time (also freezes well too) and it is best when grilled, but still good baked or coked in a skillet.
We always make this for big parties and you it is great as a sandwich or just a piece of chicken...very yummy and easy!

We like to mix a bag of frozen broccoli, a can of broccoli-cheese soup, a can of milk, a cup of shredded cheddar, and a cubed rotisserie chicken. Top with bread crumbs if we have them, throw in the microwave until bubbly. Mmmm!

Janet, I've had something similar to your recipe, but have used French dressing. I've never heard of Russian dressing. Is it similar?

Screw cooking! Harvey Moy's Chinese American
(262) 255-3307
10824_1.jpg

I love making Taco Salad

I make alot that last about 2 1/2 days (there is 4 people in my household)

:chef:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
(262) 255-3307

10824_1.jpg

Oh, KG...you HAD TO! My brother took me there once for my birthday (and his) they are 3 days apart when I came home to visit...it was SOOOO good!

I don't remember how we got there though or what the name of the place was until you posted that picture!!!! I just know it was in Menomonee Falls near his house.

Thanks, I'm drooling now!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
(262) 255-3307

10824_1.jpg

Speed dial #2 on my phone:D .

chefann said:
Grilled chicken (grill pan) and potato pierogi. Or Ikea meatballs, boiled potatoes and Ikea gravy. (Don't laugh - they sell frozen bags of the meatballs, and they're a good, easy dinner.)

OOH, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those meatballs!!!! I think I may have to go to Ikea today just for those!

My quick go to dinner is Trader Joe's Orange Chicken (found in the freezer section) with some of their frozen tricolor peppers and rice made in the Rice Cooker.

In the summertime: Grilled Boneless Chicken Breasts (Eastern NC Carolina BBQ style), tomatoes fresh from my garden drizzled with olive oil and fresh basil, roasted potatoes with onion & peppers, asparagus. MMMMMM

Winter - a good ole potroast in the crock pot - I just throw in an envelope of Lipton onion soup and 2 cans of cream of crap (mushroom, chicken, doesnt matter) and let cook all day. Sometimes throw in little baby carrots. Serve with mashed taters.

I guess these are sorta made from scratch.....

Not from scratch - ditto on the take out chinese or BBQ

Last edited:
Cindycooks said:
In the summertime: Grilled Boneless Chicken Breasts (Eastern NC Carolina BBQ style), tomatoes fresh from my garden drizzled with olive oil and fresh basil, roasted potatoes with onion & peppers, asparagus. MMMMMM

Winter - a good ole potroast in the crock pot - I just throw in an envelope of Lipton onion soup and 2 cans of cream of crap (mushroom, chicken, doesnt matter) and let cook all day. Sometimes throw in little baby carrots. Serve with mashed taters.

I'm doing a roast right now, the same way that you do it (although I've been corrected - we are technically braising it because it's in a liquid - whatever - it's good:chef: ). I throw in Yukon potatoes, though, instead of the mashed potatoes. I'm all about the one pot cooking:D .

I love pot roast in the crock pot. I use one can of Golden Mushroom Soup and one can Of Cream of Mushroom. I also put carrots and onions in it and serve it with rice. Yummo!

pamperedlinda said:
I love pot roast in the crock pot. I use one can of Golden Mushroom Soup and one can Of Cream of Mushroom. I also put carrots and onions in it and serve it with rice. Yummo!

Linda I make mine similar to yours, except I sear my roast first, then put in 3 cans of golden mushroom soup, and chop one large onion. Later I add carrots and cubed red potatos. :) Mmmmmm yummy!

I used to sear mine too Kacey, then I got lazy! I use either a Chuck Roast or a 7-Bone Roast when I do it - I like the meat to fall apart.

This is sounding really good right about now! After my junk food day yesterday I'm ready for some good comfort food. Plus it's cold and rainy here today.

Chicken and Veg curry, or just vegetable curry with potatoes, onion, carrot, celery. Using "House Brand" imported (med hot-any of their mixes) curry roux. Rice in the rice cooker. Sometimes sub a can of low salt chicken broth for some of the water.

Fast, simple, savory, delish! Sometimes no rice :)

If it is too hot for that--other choice is big salad of romaine, chicken chunks (from deli or leftovers), golden raisins, almonds, and curry flavored plain yogurt or mayo for dressing.

Yah, I love curry...

Last edited:
My favorite is Tacos....enchiladas. I love mexican food but I am 100% Italian. Go figure!!!I have been watching a TON of food network lately too, and making a lot of those recipes. I am surprised how easy some of them are. I think my favorite chef is Ina Garten.

Cindycooks said:

Winter - a good ole potroast in the crock pot - I just throw in an envelope of Lipton onion soup and 2 cans of
cream of crap (mushroom, chicken, doesnt matter) and let cook all day. Sometimes throw in little baby carrots. Serve with mashed taters.

Actually, Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Celery are the same. Which label they put on the can is dependent on what color ths chunks in the soup happen to be today. If the chunks are green, it's labeled Cream of Celery. If the chunks are brown, it's labeled Cream of Mushroom.

Frozen pizza of any brand (whatever is on sale). Mostly DiGorno (sp?), Freschetta and store brand self rising. Kids like Tombstone stuffed crust. Occasionally, I buy that. We have pizza in this form at least once a week.

Smashie said:
My favorite is Tacos....enchiladas. I love mexican food but I am 100% Italian. Go figure!!!

Haha...my favorite is tacos too...Ortega all the way! I love Mexican food too, but I'm 100% Chinese! Don't laugh and I'm not making fun of you...I'm telling the truth! ( as my 5 year old would say)

I also make a REALLY easy BBQ ribs in the slow cooker. Just throw in a pound or two of ribs with some BBQ sauce (Bulls Eye is my favorite), cook on high for 3 hours and serve with rice and frozen or canned veggies! Sometimes if I've got the time, I'll also chop up an onion and some garlic to throw in with the ribs and sauce. So easy!!

Oh - I thought of another favorite here - Quesadillas! I always have tortilla shells of various kinds - and we use a variety of fillings and make quesadillas. One of our favorites is leftover chicken (from the 30 minute roast chicken!:) ) with fajita sauce, corn, black beans, and red pepper sauteed together then layered with cheese and grilled inside the tortillas.
It's a way that we use leftovers and staples to create a meal. Serve them with sour cream and salsa on the side! Yummy!

Homemade meatballs with spag sauce and noodle and my homemade garlic bread!! YUMMY!!

Our favorite is my mom's lasagna. If the kids aren't driving me crazy and give me enough time to make it! Last time, my three year old snuck out the front door while I had two pots going on the stove!:eek:

1. What is your go-to meal when you're short on time and don't want to cook from scratch?

My go-to meal is spaghetti with jarred marinara sauce and frozen meatballs. It's quick, easy, and always satisfying.

2. How do you make your Shake-n-Bake chicken extra crispy?

I like to add a little bit of olive oil to the Shake-n-Bake mixture before coating the chicken. This helps the chicken get extra crispy in the oven.

3. What is your favorite side dish to serve with Shake-n-Bake chicken?

I love making roasted potatoes with rosemary and garlic as a side for Shake-n-Bake chicken. It's a delicious and easy side dish that pairs well with the crispy chicken.

4. How do you make your cheesy broccoli rice?

I make my cheesy broccoli rice by cooking white rice according to package instructions, then adding in some frozen broccoli and shredded cheese. I let it cook until the broccoli is tender and the cheese is melted. It's a quick and tasty side dish!

5. Do you have any tips for making a meal with minimal effort but maximum flavor?

Yes, my tip is to use pre-made sauces or marinades. They add a lot of flavor to a dish without requiring a lot of effort. You can also try using a slow cooker or instant pot for easy and delicious meals with minimal prep time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • whitneythompson
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
whitneythompson
Replies
Views
ChefPeg