• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fast Shipping: $1400 Order Shipped - Holy Toledo, Batman! | Company Review

In summary, two shows were shipped over the weekend and one of them had a check that bounced. The company does not charge for a bad check and suggests that the customer ask for a credit card instead.
MomToEli
Wow! I submitted two shows over the weekend and they BOTH shipped today! One of them was a $1400 order!

Ya gotta love this company!

Hmmm. I was just in Toledo and I don't remember seeing Batman.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hmmm. I was just in Toledo and I don't remember seeing Batman.

That's probably because it was dark and he wears black - plus his car is fast, man!

Besides, this day and age, a guy with tights really doesn't stand out that much.

I love that our shipping is so fast these days but there is a downside. I just got notice from my bank that my host's over $200 check bounced. The show was delivered to me and I already gave her the products - not having a clue that the check would come back this much later! LOL Now I have to deal with this. 8am too early to call?

BethCooks4U said:
I love that our shipping is so fast these days but there is a downside. I just got notice from my bank that my host's over $200 check bounced. The show was delivered to me and I already gave her the products - not having a clue that the check would come back this much later! LOL Now I have to deal with this. 8am too early to call?

same thing here - atleast mine was $200!:eek:

Oh, dear! That would be a problem. First - no 8am is NOT too early.

As to the bad check thing, I'm going to learn from your experience. I think what I will do is be certain the check is good B4 I close the show. I could take the check to the host's bank and cash it ...

Just how DO you protect yourself from that happening? With me just starting out I don't have an abundance of cash in my PC account ...

Ask for a credit card instead of a check.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ask for a credit card instead of a check.
I try to do that but some hosts don't use them or whatever.

I have rarely had a bad check in 5 years and those that have bounced have made it good! I called her at 8:30 and she said that she would call her mom (check was written on mom's account). I have not heard back yet and will call her in an hour (noon) if I don't hear before then. I also need to tell her that I won't accept another check. Cash or money order if you please!

I would have thought a week would have been long enough for a check to clear (amount of time before I delivered the order) but NOOOOOOOOOO!

You know, PC wants us to send the shows in quickly but they don't give us any help with what to do in these cases. Fortunately, it is rare and most people are honest and are very upset and embarrassed when it happens.

The operative word there is "most." I've been stiffed on checks but not since I've been with TPC.

Do you charge/what do you charge for a bad check charge? I've heard everything from the $4.00 the bank charges you to $50...

Knock wood, I don't plan on having one anytime soon ...

Whatever the bank charges me is what I want to get from the customer. I don't need an exhorbitant charge like some merchants do.

I've only had it happen once and I charged the customer what the bank charged me. Of course this was the only time that I submitted a show before a customer's check cleared... Mental note, wait for ALL checks to clear before submitting an order.

Oh Beth, BTW... DH and I are "credit card free" and have been for about three years and are NEVER planning to go back. But, I also don't write checks to other people that I can't cover...

Related to Fast Shipping: $1400 Order Shipped - Holy Toledo, Batman! | Company Review

What is the typical shipping time for a $1400 order with Pampered Chef?

The typical shipping time for a $1400 order with Pampered Chef is 3-5 business days.

Does Pampered Chef offer expedited shipping options?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers expedited shipping options for an additional fee. Customers can choose from 2-day or overnight shipping at checkout.

How is the shipping cost calculated for a $1400 order?

The shipping cost for a $1400 order is based on the total weight of the package and the shipping address. Pampered Chef uses real-time shipping rates to calculate the cost for each order.

Can I track my $1400 order once it has been shipped?

Yes, once your $1400 order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can use this tracking number to track your package on the carrier's website.

What if my $1400 order is damaged or missing items during shipping?

If your $1400 order arrives damaged or is missing items, please contact Pampered Chef's customer service immediately. We will work to resolve the issue and ensure that you receive a replacement or refund for the affected items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies