• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Preview Party Success: Bookings, New Products, and Delicious Recipes!

In summary, Becky hosted a successful Fall Preview party. She had a variety of food available, and everyone enjoyed it. She used a different approach to her preview this year, as her products arrived yesterday. Everyone helped her set up the display and discussed the host specials. Overall, it was a fun night.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Wow! What a night! So much fun - but I'm glad it's over!:balloon:

I had 15 past hosts here, and I got 5 bookings. I usually get more, but because of 3-2-1 and also a Cluster Challenge we've been doing, several of the people here were already booked! It was nice though, I had their packets ready and just gave them to them.

I am now FULLY BOOKED for Sept & Oct! I could take 2 more for each month, but at this point I have 8 shows in 3 weeks of Sept. (We are gone 1st-10th), and 9 shows in Oct! Plus 3 Catalog Shows in Sept., and I booked another Nov. Show tonight too. I wasn't talking about the Nov special at all, but one past host who LOVES SA said that she was going to wait until she could get the Caddy and plates set to book her show - so of course I told her that she could in NOV. - so she booked!:D

I discovered something interesting tonight. I thought for sure that the Chocolate Bliss Show would be the big winner for theme shows - but every person who booked wants Real Food Real Fast! They were all so excited about the 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook, and the Incredible 30 minute Chicken. I booked 2 Oct Shows specifically because they want me to come do that recipe for them. Fine with me - I love doing that show.

The big hits for food were the Avocado Salsa Cups, Mini Pesto Pizzas, Truffle Brownies (I baked a brownie in the med bar pan, and poured the ganache over it. Cut it into 36 pieces and decorated the tops w/ an almond and cool whip.)
and the Cran-Raspberry Fizz! Several people said it was the best punch they had ever had!

The new products that were the biggest hits were the cookbook, the Plates and Caddy set, the Sprinkles (one lady wants it to put on her kids applesauce!) and the Cranberry stuff. (seems like it goes with alot of kitchens) Oh - and everyone really liked the look of the new bamboo.

It was fun, busy, and successful. Now I'm done having parties here until the Spring Preview!

Glad it went well for you!!

How exciting! :)

That sounds like you had FUN!! I am glad all went well for you. :) :)

Sounds like a great show. Good for you for being so booked. :)

I have mine on Sunday, so I'm hoping it will be a good turn out! :)

Way to go Becky:thumbup: !!! I was hoping you would let us know tonight how it went. I'm doing mine Sept 16th and I really appreciate all the tips you've shared about your Fall Preview. I'll have to post my results. Hope they're as good as yours!!

Ruthie

Great job Becky! Woo, hoo! Our cluster wins!! I would love to pick your brain some more about your fall preview. Mine is in one week. You are AWESOME!

I agree. Any tips would be great. This is my first one and I'm a little nervous.

Ditto Ditto! Tips appreciated!! :) And congrats--what an awesome schedule! :)

Great night Becky!!

Sounds like that turned out great! I brought the Sweet Caramel Sprinkle to work with me along with some Vanilla Ice Cream and my co-worker went crazy for it. He told me right away. You have to get me some of that! :)

Great job! :balloon:

Tips....hmmm??? I have to say that what works for me seems to be the opposite of what works for others - so I think it is a trial and error type of thing. I have found that when I do a Mystery Host Show, or an Open House, attendance is much lower. When I do my "HOST APPRECIATION FALL PREVIEW EXTRAVAGANZA" I have great attendance, and great bookings!

I have a start time, and when people arrive, I have the food prepared and ready. Last night we had:
Avocado Salsa Cups
Mini Pesto Pizzas
Mini BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Truffle Brownies
Double Chocolate Cinnamon Dip w/ Apples & Strawberries
(Ran out of time to make the Trifle & the chips for the dip)

Everyone eats and I just socialize and chat with people for about 15-20 minutes. I did my "preview" of Fall Products differently this year - because the products I ordered as samples arrived YESTERDAY! So, I had everyone help me unpack the box and set up the display - and then we went over all of the new products. Then I talked for a couple minutes about the host specials for Sept. & Oct........I thanked them all for coming - and had them grab more food and chat - oh and then gave them all a new catalog to look thru, and a Season's Best.....and just took orders and booked shows!

I think, because it is mostly past hosts - there is a buzz about the products from the beginning of the show. Everyone has their favorites, and are excited about pieces to add or new additions to their collections. And of course - we have some of the BEST host bonus months ever in Sept, Oct, and now Nov. That in itself is buzz enough! I made little place cards for the food, and had it all displayed nicely in SA - and actually sold some SA because if it - including a set of plates w/ caddy! Next to the foods - I had the Poster Cards from HO showing the new Theme shows - so next to the appetizers I had the Bites and Bevs card - next to the Pork I had the Incredible Chicken card, and next to desserts, the Chocolate Bliss card.

One thing that I did that created a little buzz - I set my Planner open to Sept. in the middle of the Dining Room table. I told them I had limited dates available - and it was so much fun watching them crowd around the planner to get their date! It was also fun when one host turned the calander to Oct. and said "There's nothing left!" :D (we found a date for her!;) )

SO - I've been working the plan - I've been doing the 3 - and now I have the 2, so the 1 should be close behind!

Great job Becky - thanks for the "updates" on your groups favorites! I've had good reactions to the cranberry and new cookbook too.

Thanks for sharing, I'm glad it went well for you. I have an Open House scheduled for this Saturday, I hope it goes as well as yours.

Thanks for the info Becky. Great tips!

ChefBeckyD said:
SO - I've been working the plan - I've been doing the 3 - and now I have the 2, so the 1 should be close behind!
:thumbup: You go girl!! :balloon:

Sounds like a fun evening. I bet they were excited to pull things out of the boxes. What a great recruiting set-up, too! You could tie that in with the Director benefit or with getting samples at half price or free each season.

I'm so happy it went well for you!

WOW Becky! You Rock! Great Job!

Thanks for the tips-I have a Lia Sophia show on September 12th and I told the consultant (a friend) that I wouldn't take her spotlight, but she said to be sure to have the new products out so that I could get bookings too.....
I love the opening of the box with them-I wonder if any recruits will come from that??!!

Great job, Becky! I was wondering last night how it went! Glad to hear it went well. Now, did you make reminder calls to these people too? That's something I haven't done in the past that I need to do this year. I also haven't had much luck with an "open house" or a "mystery host show" so this year I'm trying your Host Appreciation Fall Extravaganza! I did also invite guests, so mine is a host & guest. I have all my invites in envelopes, now I have to address them & mail them....plus buy my samples, do my supply order, etc.!!!!!! But I do have until September 9.

One question--I have wanted to ask this, but I know you were busy getting ready. You mentioned last week that you had survey cards for them to fill out when they sampled the recipes. Did you do that last night? Do you have a copy you could share? Also, you mentioned some of the people there had already booked with you--did you still give them the sprinkles or no because they didn't actually book there? Also, did you have the HO theme cards in your flip chart or how did you get them set up?

Sorry so many questions! I'm visual & need to picture it in my mind! Thanks & I'm so glad it went so well for you!

There is a copy posted on here somewhere of Becky's questionaire.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Great job, Becky! I was wondering last night how it went! Glad to hear it went well. Now, did you make reminder calls to these people too? That's something I haven't done in the past that I need to do this year. I also haven't had much luck with an "open house" or a "mystery host show" so this year I'm trying your Host Appreciation Fall Extravaganza! I did also invite guests, so mine is a host & guest. I have all my invites in envelopes, now I have to address them & mail them....plus buy my samples, do my supply order, etc.!!!!!! But I do have until September 9.

One question--I have wanted to ask this, but I know you were busy getting ready. You mentioned last week that you had survey cards for them to fill out when they sampled the recipes. Did you do that last night? Do you have a copy you could share? Also, you mentioned some of the people there had already booked with you--did you still give them the sprinkles or no because they didn't actually book there? Also, did you have the HO theme cards in your flip chart or how did you get them set up?

Sorry so many questions! I'm visual & need to picture it in my mind! Thanks & I'm so glad it went so well for you!

***I made some reminder calls - but didn't get to them all! (Bad Bad Bad Becky!)
***I'll attach my survey form - I got it from here a while back, and have just been adjusting it for the show I am doing.
***I did give them the Sprinkles if they had already booked ~ I told them all it was an Appreciation Gift from me for being such awesome hosts and supporting my business they way that they have (many of them are multiple repeat hosts)
*** In my flip chart I had the Host & Guest Specials for Sept & Nov. I had this sitting next to my Planner. The Theme Show Cards I have in Plexiglass 2-sided Holders. I use these at my shows too - and set them around the room for people to look at, and pass around.

Attachments

• Show Survey.doc
    22 KB · Views: 358
Sounds like a worthwhile event!! Congratulations! Thanks for posting your survey again. I'm glad I won't have to hunt for it :p

Ha! Had to laugh! I just got this email from one of my guests from last night! She wants a Real Food Real Fast theme - but then she just sent me this:

Hi Becky!

Just a quick comment/question....what was the "to die for" chocolate dessert on the 3-tier plates called? Please make a note that I want that for my party too!!! Oh my gosh......it was awesome!

Nice party.....Kathy

She's talking about the Truffle Brownies!:love:

Maybe a Real Chocolate Real Fast show?:D

I like the "Real Chocolate" theme! You can be in chocolate bliss in 29 minutes or less!
:D

chefann said:
I like the "Real Chocolate" theme! You can be in chocolate bliss in 29 minutes or less!
:D
29 seconds or less!:love:

BethCooks4U said:
29 seconds or less!:love:
But usually that's when opening up something that someone else has made. Wouldn't a 29-minute dessert show be a winner? Something homemade in just 29 minutes... mmmm....

Sounds like tons of fun--awesome!

ChefBeckyD said:
***I made some reminder calls - but didn't get to them all! (Bad Bad Bad Becky!)
***I'll attach my survey form - I got it from here a while back, and have just been adjusting it for the show I am doing.
***I did give them the Sprinkles if they had already booked ~ I told them all it was an Appreciation Gift from me for being such awesome hosts and supporting my business they way that they have (many of them are multiple repeat hosts)
*** In my flip chart I had the Host & Guest Specials for Sept & Nov. I had this sitting next to my Planner. The Theme Show Cards I have in Plexiglass 2-sided Holders. I use these at my shows too - and set them around the room for people to look at, and pass around.

Thanks, Becky! I love that survey!!! Gets them thinking of having their own show!

Just had my open house today--calling it a host appreciation event made a big difference, I think. The sales weren't great, but I did have more people come than I have before. Still not great--may make it an every other year thing. Only 10% of those I invited came. Over half of those who came had hosted this year already, so I wasn't expecting many to rebook yet. But I did get a booking for Sept 24, a possible Sept catalog show b/c she loves the new cookware, a November show & a spring show. The November show was a booking from someone who came as a guest! So I'm really pleased about the bookings! Oh--and one of the girls that my DH works with wants the trifle bowl, so I'm going to try to get her to book for December instead of ordering it now.

Like you, Becky, I was surprised at what everyone would prefer for a show. Not one person said the chocolate. I think all but three said the Real Food Real Fast & the others were the appetizers. I made the Cran-Raspberry Fizz (wow--soooo good!), Jerk Chicken Nachos, Crab Rangoon Dip, Ham & Cheese Brunch squares, Mini BBQ sandwiches, Chocolate Mint Torte, and Double Chocolate Dip. Everyone put 4 or 5 out of 5 for how much they liked the food. Sold a few 29 min. cookbooks too by talking about the Skillet Lasagna!

Great job Becky ~ I'm also finding the Real Food, Real Fast is the most popular...busy lives!!!

Q: What is the usual success rate for bookings at a Fall Preview Party?

A: The success rate for bookings at a Fall Preview Party can vary depending on factors such as the 3-2-1 promotion and Cluster Challenge. However, it is common for consultants to receive multiple bookings at these events.

Q: How many bookings did you receive at your recent Fall Preview Party?

A: I received 5 bookings at my most recent Fall Preview Party, which is slightly lower than my usual amount due to other promotions and challenges that some guests were already booked for.

Q: Are you currently accepting bookings for September and October?

A: Yes, I am currently fully booked for September and October with a total of 17 shows. However, I may be able to take on 2 additional shows for each month if needed.

Q: What was the most popular theme show among your guests?

A: Surprisingly, the most popular theme show among my guests was Real Food Real Fast. They were excited about the 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook and the Incredible 30 minute Chicken recipe. I even booked 2 shows specifically for this theme because of their interest.

Q: What were the top food and product hits at your Fall Preview Party?

A: The top food hits at my Fall Preview Party were the Avocado Salsa Cups, Mini Pesto Pizzas, Truffle Brownies, and Cran-Raspberry Fizz punch. As for products, the new cookbook, Plates and Caddy set, Sprinkles, and Cranberry items were the biggest hits. Guests also really liked the look of the new bamboo products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • pcjeanie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • kaceyleigh2