• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Failed Hosting Experience: A Host Hangs Up on Me!

In summary, a consultant met a potential host at a Farmer's Market and scheduled a party after she expressed interest in hosting a show. However, the host did not respond to any calls or messages leading up to the party and ultimately did not show up. The consultant is frustrated and considers cutting ties with the host. Other consultants can relate to similar experiences with unresponsive or rude hosts.
linojackie
I met a host at a Farmer's Market and she filled out a PDS indicating she was interested in hosting a show. So, I called her the next day and we scheduled a party. I drop off the host packet at her house and she tells me she wants to send out her own invitations and had several friends interested in the SA, who would probably like to host to get the Dots Dinnerware set at a discount.

Now I know I am not the best host coach, but I called her about 3 days before her party to see how many guests she had, etc. No answer. I called her again the next day, no answer. Her machine says to call back another time, but I left a message anyway, just in case. I didn't hear from her and now we're at the day before the party. So I call her every couple of hours to try to reach her. NOTHING. So, I don't go.

Two weeks passes. I call her today and someone answers. I ask for her and she said "hold on, may I tell her who's calling?" I give her my name and a second later *CLICK*! She hung up on me!!! I am so :mad: right now! I tore the PDS up into a million pieces and threw it away. I'd love to have her at my booth again and give her a piece of my mind! I probably wouldn't...but I wish I could!

===Deep Breath===

I'm over it...

I know your pain. I had a catalog host who hung up on me as well! Some people!! I just don't get it!

whoa. how immature! that sounds like something i would have done in junior high if there was someone on the other line i didnt want to talk to!

bless & release. you are better off without any host that doesnt have the courtesy to offer an explanation - or atleast cancel ahead of time.

Ugh that is frustrating!!

I have a MIA catalog host who I KNOW won't call me back. She kept wanting to extend her show and finally I was firm with its due on XXXX ---and I guess that bit me in the rear, because now she doesnt call back.

I even said "call me either way I won't be home tonight so just leave a message" even though I would be home, I wanted her to feel she had an out. STILL NO CALL.

It is sooooooooooo aggravating. I have trouble with bookings to begin with and now this nonsense.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

I bet if you said you were ED MC MAHONS secretary and she just won 12 million dollars she'd take your call. Hee Hee ;)

I get so irritated too. Just email me if you don't want to talk to me in person. But these people are rude, self-absorbed and don't have the decency. Too bad it had to happen. I started telling myself I'm worth the time. If there is no contact two weeks before the show, I leave one final message saying that I need to secure child care for the evening of their show and need to hear back from them by... give day and time. When I don't hear from them I let them know that I've contacted the host their show was booked from, that I've giving you the option to have a catalog show instead so their friend doesn't miss out the host special. I also say if they choose not to have a catalog show, they need to send the host packet back to me, as this is a business expense for me.

1. What should I do if my host hangs up on me during a party?

If your host hangs up on you during a party, try to reach out to them again and see if there was a technical issue or if they had an emergency. If you are unable to reconnect with them, try to continue the party on your own or reschedule with the host for a later time. If the host consistently hangs up on you or is unresponsive, reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

2. Can I still earn rewards and incentives if my host hangs up on me?

Yes, you can still earn rewards and incentives for your party even if the host hangs up on you. As long as the party was scheduled and approved by Pampered Chef, you will still receive credit for any sales made during the party. However, if you are unable to complete the party due to the host hanging up, you may want to consider rescheduling or finding a new host to ensure the best experience for everyone.

3. What can I do to prevent a host from hanging up on me during a party?

To prevent a host from hanging up on you during a party, make sure to have clear communication and expectations before the party. Let the host know what to expect during the party and how long it will last. Also, be sure to test the technology before the party starts to avoid any technical difficulties. It's also important to be engaging and interactive during the party to keep the host interested and involved.

4. How should I handle a host who consistently hangs up on me during parties?

If a host consistently hangs up on you during parties, it may be best to address the issue directly with them. Let them know how their actions are affecting the party and ask if there is a specific reason for their behavior. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to find a new host or speak to your Pampered Chef consultant for further guidance.

5. Is it common for hosts to hang up during parties?

No, it is not common for hosts to hang up during parties. Most hosts are excited and engaged during parties, and it is rare for them to intentionally hang up. If you do experience a host hanging up during a party, it may be due to technical difficulties or an unexpected emergency. It is important to handle the situation calmly and professionally to ensure a successful party for all involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
Replies