• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving the Mystery of Missing FB Status Updates

In summary, the conversation is about a user's confusion with the new layout of Facebook and not being able to see all of their friends' status updates on their homepage. They discuss potential solutions and one user accidentally hiding updates from their friends. The conversation ends with the user thanking another user for their help.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'm relatively new to FB so I'm obviously still learning however this one's got me baffled. Up until yesterday when I clicked on FB under my favorites it would bring me to my home page where it would show me any of my friends status changes, games they've played, if someone wrote on their wall etc.

Yesterday and today I'm only getting a couple of status changes and games people have played but when I clicked on my friends and then on 'everyone' it showed many that have had status changes in the last few hours - 24 hours. Is there something I"ve done to make me unable to see these changes on my homepage? How do I get it back? I don't want to just see a couple, I want to see all.

One had that she was very sad that her puppy died and I never even responded because it wasn't on my main page with the other status updates. There were a total of 8 of 13 changes that never appeared...

I'm sorry Jodi I just don't know enough about FB. I like to blog with people, but I just am not savvy with it.

With the new changes it is really hard to change stuff. I hate the new format. Sory I cannot help.

I'm newer than you are, Jodi! I don't understand it either. Sometimes all the changes show up and sometimes they don't!Hope you are having a better day!

I could be called a facebook veteran, I've had my account for 3 or 4 years, but I'm stumped on this one. You don't have enough coming in, and I can't find anything because of how much that IS coming in. I'm no help at all.

At the top left side of your screen, you have tabs for HOME, PROFILE, FRIENDS, and INBOX. Click on FRIENDS and it should bring up all of your friends who have status updates, in order of the newest to the oldest. That may help...but I think if someone has more than one update, it will only show the NEWEST update for them, not all of them.

Yeah...I liked the old style FB better and you could adjust what you saw on your homepage much better. Hope they bring it back!

Plus, on that page it doesn't show when other people have added comments to the status update. I don't care for that, either!

Silly time sucker, FB is!! lol

The only thing I can think of is that you clicked on the (X) to close out the status and it hid them... If you scroll down to the bottom of your home page, you will see an options button and if you have hidden anyone.
Check that and see if you may have hidden someone buy accident... hope that helps

I know what you mean, Jodie, I am still trying to figure everything out there too and trying to keep up with somethings that I can't find that I know should be there. I just signed up this weekend so I can't help too much.

Ish (sorry don't know your real name), YOU ROCK!!!!! Great big <<Hugs>> to you!! That was exactly it although I have NO idea why. Thanks SO much!

kcjodih said:
Ish (sorry don't know your real name), YOU ROCK!!!!! Great big <<Hugs>> to you!! That was exactly it although I have NO idea why. Thanks SO much!

Hi Jodi,

you are very welcome, glad that worked!!:thumbup: The new layout is so frustrating sometimes...:yuck:

~Felicia

Nice to 'meet' you Felicia and thanks again!

Thanks Jodi, Nice to meet you too!! Glad I could help!

1. Why am I not seeing all of my friends' status updates on Facebook?

There could be several reasons for this. First, make sure that you are following your friends and that they haven't unfollowed you. Additionally, Facebook's algorithm may be prioritizing certain posts over others, so you may not be seeing all updates in your news feed. You can try adjusting your news feed preferences or using the "Most Recent" view to see all updates in chronological order.

2. Is it possible to miss status updates from specific friends?

Yes, it is possible to miss status updates from specific friends. If you have muted or unfollowed a friend, their posts will not appear in your news feed. Additionally, if their privacy settings only allow certain friends to see their posts, you may not see them unless you are on their approved list.

3. I'm not seeing updates from a specific Facebook page that I follow. What could be causing this?

There are a few reasons why you may not be seeing updates from a specific Facebook page. First, check that you are still following the page. If you have unfollowed the page or selected the "See First" option, their posts will not appear in your news feed. Additionally, if the page's posts have been reported or flagged as spam, they may not appear in your news feed.

4. Can I manually select which friends' updates I want to see on Facebook?

Yes, you can manually select which friends' updates you want to see on Facebook. This can be done by creating a custom friend list and adding specific friends to it. You can then select this friend list in your news feed preferences to see updates from those friends only.

5. I'm not seeing any status updates on my news feed. How can I fix this?

If you are not seeing any status updates on your news feed, there may be an issue with your internet connection or with the Facebook app or website. Try refreshing the page or restarting your device. If the issue persists, you can report it to Facebook for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • legacypc46
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • knew92