• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another 'Help My Understand Facebook' Question

In summary, when you post a status update, only the people you specify can see it (friends). If you post a comment on your friend's update, then everyone who can see their update (their friends) can see your comment. Anything you post on your page will show up on your friend's page which makes it available for their friends to see it. I haven't been able to find a way for it not to.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I've tried looking this up on the FB help page, but it just left my mind in knots.

I've noticed that when I post an update, it also appears beside my picture in the friends lists of my friends.

When I look at the friends lists of my friends, I also sometimes see a posting next to the picture of people I don't know on their list. (Just writing this is confusing me!).

The bottom line is how do I prevent my status from posting on those friend lists where people I don't know can see them? I have all my settings to 'friends only', so I don't know understand how it is happening.

Any FB-smart folks there who can help me?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

Anything you post on your page will show up on your friend's page which makes it available for their friends to see it. I haven't been able to find a way for it not to.

wow, I didn't know that! Perhaps we should eliminate friends? Another question, can these people who see this respond directly to us?

When you post a status update, only the people you specify can see it (friends). If you post a comment on your friend's update, then everyone who can see their update (their friends) can see your comment.

Anything you post on your page will show up on your friend's page which makes it available for their friends to see it. I haven't been able to find a way for it not to.

I don't think that is happening...at least I'm not seeing any posts made by friends of friends and I don't think my stuff is showing up on their walls.

This is my problem:
Say I click on my friend Jills' list of friends. Her list opens up showing everyone's pictures and their locations. On some of them, their latest status appears next to their picture. At first I thought it only happened when the person was a mutual friend, but that isn't always the case. For example, I don't know Jill's friend Joe, but his latest status update is appearing in her friends list.

How do I keep my status updates from appearing in other people's friends lists?

i have enough trouble keeping up with my own status and reading wall posts, I don't think most people are clicking friends lists to check them out too

If you're looking at a friend's "Friends" list, you will see the status updates of those who are mutual friends, and those whose profile is set to "Everyone" or "Friends of Friends." If your profile is set to Friends only, your status update won't show like that to anyone except your friends.

You'll notice that you'll probably also be able to click these people's names and view their whole profile.

Judybabe said:
wow, I didn't know that!

Perhaps we should eliminate friends? Another question, can these people who see this respond directly to us?

If you post on someone's wall, mutual friends can see the post. Often, it will also show in the "News Feed" on your home page. It'll show up as Suzy Que -> Sally Shoe: Yadda, yadda, yadda... There will also be a link that says "See Wall-to-Wall" which will show any wall posts between those two people.

They have to be mutual friends of both to see it on your News Feed, which means they'll also see the friend's response to you. If Suzy Que is your friend, but Sally Shoe is not, Sally will be able to see what you post on Suzy's wall, but not what Sally posts on yours (unless your profile is public). They can see a little line on Sally's wall that says Sally posted on your wall. Oh, and she'll actually have to go to Suzy's page to see it, it won't show in her News feed.

that makes sense.

Go to "settings", then "privacy settings", then "profile". You can then set everything to "only friends". Then people can only see your picture, but they can't see your wall, photos, or info.

Also...just a side note:You can also create lists to organize your "friends". Such as: family, High School, College, Work, Church, CS, etc. -- or however you like to group them. Then you can set certain things private, for example...only family can see your photos, or whatever.

WOW, I have a headache just reading this thread! lol, I am so lost on FB!

NooraK said:
If you're looking at a friend's "Friends" list, you will see the status updates of those who are mutual friends, and those whose profile is set to "Everyone" or "Friends of Friends." If your profile is set to Friends only, your status update won't show like that to anyone except your friends.

You'll notice that you'll probably also be able to click these people's names and view their whole profile.

Thanks! (And thanks to everyone else too)

1. What is Facebook?

Facebook is a social media platform that allows users to connect with friends and family, share photos and videos, and discover new content based on their interests.

2. How do I create a Facebook account?

To create a Facebook account, go to the Facebook website or download the mobile app and click on the "Sign Up" button. You will then be prompted to enter your name, email or phone number, password, date of birth, and gender. Once you've filled out all the required information, click on "Sign Up" again and follow the prompts to complete your account setup.

3. How do I add friends on Facebook?

To add friends on Facebook, you can either search for their name or email/phone number in the search bar and click on the "Add Friend" button next to their profile, or you can click on the "Find Friends" button and connect your email or phone contacts to find friends who are already on Facebook.

4. Can I control who sees my Facebook posts?

Yes, you can control who sees your Facebook posts by adjusting your privacy settings. You can choose to make your posts visible to everyone, only your friends, or a custom list of people. You can also choose to make your posts visible to specific friend groups or hide them from certain people.

5. Is Facebook free to use?

Yes, Facebook is free to use. However, there are some optional features such as advertising for businesses that may require payment. Additionally, some mobile data charges may apply if you access Facebook using your phone's internet connection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • Mammita001
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb