• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the Impact of Ignoring Yourself: Philosophical Questions to Consider

In summary, when you add yourself to your ignore list, you can't send PMs to your buddies. You can still see who is online, and you can add someone to your buddy list.
I guess "a little eccentric" is a relative term.

(I also wonder how many of the younger cheffers will know who Ann Miller is.)

raebates said:

So is Aunt.

I couldn't resist and I had to beat KG to the punch

jasonmva said:
So is Aunt.

I couldn't resist and I had to beat KG to the punch
Are you a long-lost relative of his?

chefann said:
The other Aunt Ann (my aunt) is a little eccentric. And her married name is Ann Miller. I love that!

Anne Miller is my best friend's name!
Yes as Anne of GG would say "it's Anne with an E"

:D :rolleyes: :eek:

chefann said:
Are you a long-lost relative of his?

Third cousin twice removed (from the looney bin)

jasonmva said:
Third cousin twice removed (from the looney bin)
Twice removed from the looney bin...

Too bad you were committed three times! :)

Don't send him back. We'd miss him!

raebates said:

(I also wonder how many of the younger cheffers will know who Ann Miller is.)
Eccentric usually means "wealthy."

If we did any of the things Henry Ford did, we'd be locked away in a booby hatch - but since he was a billionaire, he was "eccentric."

Very good point, KG!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

If we did any of the things Henry Ford did, we'd be locked away in a booby hatch - but since he was a billionaire, he was "eccentric."

Eccentric to me means that weird neighbour that barely comes out of the house and eats fried dandelions. :)

Hey, my daddy eats fried dandelions. If you batter the blossoms and fry them up they taste a lot like really good fried mushrooms.

Tell him to come over to my place. I have a bumper crop every Spring.

He's 83, blind, and living in FL. Don't think he's gonna make it up your way. I think you two would really hit it off, though. I inherited my sense of humor from him.

See? He thinks he's eating mushrooms. Don't let driving blind slow him down. There's a lot of that in Florida.(See the joke thread momentarilly.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

he he - you said booby!

jasonmva said:
he he - you said booby!

Inside every man there's a twelve-year-old boy giggling at the word "booby."

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
See? He thinks he's eating mushrooms.

Don't let driving blind slow him down. There's a lot of that in Florida.

(See the joke thread momentarilly.)

My poor dad. His hearing was damaged when a neaby ammo dump blew up during WWII. That damage has grown progressively worse ever since. He now hears poorly, even with his hearing aids. (Though, he does love warning new nurses that he has aids. One in each ear.) He lost his sight in 1990. He's never had much of a sense of smell, so he's also never had a particularly acute sense of taste. A friend of mine once remarked that he only had one of his 5 senses left--touch. That's when I pointed out that he lost part of his right thumb in an auto accident when he was a young adult. He's got no sense left.

I know this sounds like a joke, but it's the absolute truth. Now you understand a little better why I am the way I am. Don't you?

jasonmva said:
he he - you said booby!
Learn about the booby hatch http://www.gs.cidsnet.de/englisch-online/originals/unicorn.htm.

raebates said:
He's 83, blind, and living in FL. Don't think he's gonna make it up your way. I think you two would really hit it off, though. I inherited my sense of humor from him.
Here's the gag I was referring to, in case you missed it because there is so much activity in that thread today.

I bet he'd like this one, too!

Yeah, I've already told him that one. He liked it!

raebates said:
Inside every man there's a twelve-year-old boy giggling at the word "booby."

When I was starting up the plant in Mexico for Master Lock, I had some of the engineers from there with me in Racine...we drove past Chi-Chis and talk about the giggles!!!! They thought it was a strip club... Chi-chis to them = Hooters for us as far as vocabulary...

Remember when Chi-Chi Rodriguez was on the PGA Tour?
chi-chi-rodriguez.jpg

Yeah, that always cracked the Spanish club up!

A friend of mine had Chi-Chi Rodreguez signiture gold clubs. I suggested that instead of head covers for the woods that he use a bra.He didn't get it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
A friend of mine had Chi-Chi Rodreguez signiture gold clubs. I suggested that instead of head covers for the woods that he use a bra.

He didn't get it.

...must not speak Spanish...well, neither do I, but... :confused: :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Remember when Chi-Chi Rodriguez was on the PGA Tour?
chi-chi-rodriguez.jpg

Well there goes that drag name!

When I was a kid, the biggest name in drag was Don Garlitts.http://www.nhra.com/50th/top50/images/D_Garlits01.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When I was a kid, the biggest name in drag was Don Garlitts.

http://www.nhra.com/50th/top50/images/D_Garlits01.jpg

Yeah, drag didn't mean the same thing...neither did many other words! :eek:

TIM McGRAW LYRICS

"Back When"

Don't you remember
The fizz in a pepper
Peanuts in a bottle
At ten, two and four
A fried bologna sandwich
With mayo and tomato
Sittin' round the table
Don't happen much anymore

We got too complicated
It's all way over-rated
I like the old and out-dated
Way of life

Back when a hoe was a hoe
Coke was a coke
And crack's what you were doing
When you were cracking jokes
Back when a screw was a screw
The wind was all that blew
And when you said I'm down with that
Well it meant you had the flu
I miss back when
I miss back when
I miss back when

I love my records
Black, shiny vinyl
Clicks and pops
And white noise
Man they sounded fine
I had my favorite stations
The ones that played them all
Country, soul and rock-and-roll
What happened to those times?

I'm readin' Street Slang For Dummies
Cause they put pop in my country
I want more for my money
The way it was back then

Coke was a coke
I miss back when
I miss back when
I miss back when

Give me a flat top for strumming
I want the whole world to be humming
Just keep it coming
The way it was back then

Coke was a coke
I miss back when
I miss back when
I miss back when

jasonmva said:
Well there goes that drag name!
How about Chesty LaRoux?

Where's that thread with the formula to come up with stripper names?

One of them asked for the name of my first pet. Then she asked for the name of the first street I lived on. I jokingly asked if she was trying to phish my Yahoo account.

"No, I'm trying to figure out your stripper name!"

Heh. I didn't even realized I had a stripper name.

Just for the record, using the name of our first cat ("Kitty") and the street I grew up on ("Kneer", pronounced "near"), my stripper name is:

Kitty Kneer
Now that I've shared my stripper name, what's yours? Come on. You know the algorithm.

That is not mine above.....taken off the internet...

Last edited:
Go check the first page - there it is - just for you. ;)

jasonmva said:
I think I like Busty Sinclair
Another Simpson's fan?

Could it be?

Why do men get up early and then take a nap in the middle of the morning?

Beth I would love to know that. My DH drives me insane, and he says that I'm crabby!

pamperedalf said:
Beth I would love to know that. My DH drives me insane, and he says that I'm crabby!
That's cause they wake us up so early - and do WE nap when they do... NO we have too much on our plates for such leisure! Let us sleep in when we can!!!

Why DID that chicken cross the road? And where was he going?

The chicken crossed the road to prove to the possum and raccoon it could be done.

Didn't realize you were there! I should have just PMed you!

Quote from DH: If it weren't for women the world would fall apart.

Quote from BIL: If we knew women were going to act like this we would never have freed the slaves.

No wonder BIL never married!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
(I still have some hidden from last year, though.)

OK KG how on earth do you keep Girl Scout cookies for 1 yr? We ordered 10 boxes and I hate to admit they were gone in less then 2 wks. Without sharing with our kids.:eek:

I've got a couple of hiding places that even I forgot about. The other day, I went to look for a ream of paper and discovered another box.

They also freeze very well...hidden under the the veggies. The Kat Lady doesn't cook so the freezer is pretty safe - as long as I don't put them under the frozen entres.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've got a couple of hiding places that even I forgot about. The other day, I went to look for a ream of paper and discovered another box.

They also freeze very well...hidden under the the veggies. The Kat Lady doesn't cook so the freezer is pretty safe - as long as I don't put them under the frozen entres.
Well then send a box my way!

BethCooks4U said:
Quote from BIL: If we knew women were going to act like this we would never have freed the slaves.

No wonder BIL never married!

As a very wise man once said, anything that can bleed for seven days every month and survive deserves to be feared and respected.

When asked why I always have to clean up after HE cooks (but not the other way around) DH says that I am the "closer". Hmmm... That would be a good addition to my resume.

<h2>1. What does it mean to add yourself to your ignore list?</h2><p>Adding yourself to your ignore list means intentionally disregarding your own thoughts, feelings, and needs. It can involve suppressing your own emotions, neglecting self-care, and putting the needs of others above your own.</p><h2>2. How does ignoring yourself impact your relationships?</h2><p>Ignoring yourself can have a negative impact on your relationships. When you constantly put others' needs before your own, it can lead to resentment, feelings of being taken advantage of, and a lack of fulfillment in your relationships. It can also hinder your ability to communicate effectively and set healthy boundaries.</p><h2>3. Can adding yourself to your ignore list have physical consequences?</h2><p>Yes, ignoring yourself can have physical consequences such as increased stress levels, difficulty sleeping, and a weakened immune system. Neglecting self-care can also lead to physical symptoms like headaches, muscle tension, and digestive issues.</p><h2>4. What are some signs that you may be ignoring yourself?</h2><p>Some signs that you may be ignoring yourself include feeling overwhelmed, constantly putting others' needs before your own, feeling disconnected from your emotions, and neglecting self-care. You may also notice changes in your behavior, such as avoiding conflict or people-pleasing.</p><h2>5. How can exploring the impact of ignoring yourself help?</h2><p>Exploring the impact of ignoring yourself can help you become more self-aware and understand the consequences of neglecting your own needs. It can also help you identify areas where you may need to make changes in order to prioritize your own well-being and improve your relationships.</p>

Related to Exploring the Impact of Ignoring Yourself: Philosophical Questions to Consider

1. What does it mean to add yourself to your ignore list?

Adding yourself to your ignore list means intentionally disregarding your own thoughts, feelings, and needs. It can involve suppressing your own emotions, neglecting self-care, and putting the needs of others above your own.

2. How does ignoring yourself impact your relationships?

Ignoring yourself can have a negative impact on your relationships. When you constantly put others' needs before your own, it can lead to resentment, feelings of being taken advantage of, and a lack of fulfillment in your relationships. It can also hinder your ability to communicate effectively and set healthy boundaries.

3. Can adding yourself to your ignore list have physical consequences?

Yes, ignoring yourself can have physical consequences such as increased stress levels, difficulty sleeping, and a weakened immune system. Neglecting self-care can also lead to physical symptoms like headaches, muscle tension, and digestive issues.

4. What are some signs that you may be ignoring yourself?

Some signs that you may be ignoring yourself include feeling overwhelmed, constantly putting others' needs before your own, feeling disconnected from your emotions, and neglecting self-care. You may also notice changes in your behavior, such as avoiding conflict or people-pleasing.

5. How can exploring the impact of ignoring yourself help?

Exploring the impact of ignoring yourself can help you become more self-aware and understand the consequences of neglecting your own needs. It can also help you identify areas where you may need to make changes in order to prioritize your own well-being and improve your relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
peichef
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies