• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Block a Thread? Managing Offensive Content on Forums

medium? :)I don't have anyone on ignore. I like to read everyone's opinions and suggestions. If I don't agree with it I just don't agree and go on. And, honestly I can't think of anyone who has stood out to me as always complaining or being negative. But then again I have never received nasty pms from anyone either. I just try to be myself and expect you all to take me for what/who I am. Sometimes I don't agree with ho decisions, but oh well. Sometimes I don't agree with your posts, but oh well. We are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs. Sometimes I read through a thread and can't imagine how
sk8rgrrl99
I know you can add a member to your ignore list if you don't want to see their posts but is there any way to ignore a whole thread that offends you?

Just don't open it. And make sure you're not subscribed to it, so the additions don't show up in your email box. There's no "ignore thread" function. :((I wish there was. Some days, the ones I skip are more than half of the new posts list.)

sk8rgrrl99 said:
I know you can add a member to your ignore list if you don't want to see their posts but is there any way to ignore a whole thread that offends you?

Just don't look at it :)

Okay, I figured that was it. Thanks.

chefann said:
Just don't open it. And make sure you're not subscribed to it, so the additions don't show up in your email box. There's no "ignore thread" function. :(

(I wish there was. Some days, the ones I skip are more than half of the new posts list.)

And if you have subscribed to it, you can go in and "unsubcribe." I do that all of the time.

Where have I been, didn't even know I could subscribe! :)

Addie4TLC said:
Where have I been, didn't even know I could subscribe! :)

Me neither...what does it mean to subscribe?

Okay, I did a search and if you hit "Thread Tools" above it gives you the option of subscribing to thread and according to what Ann said you get an e-mail or an alert that lets you know someone has posted. Cool! Learn something new everyday!

Addie4TLC said:
Okay, I did a search and if you hit "Thread Tools" above it gives you the option of subscribing to thread and according to what Ann said you get an e-mail or an alert that lets you know someone has posted. Cool! Learn something new everyday!

You can also go into USER CP and set it up to automatically suscribe when you click on a thread. That is what I do b/c it is just easier that way. And then I will go in and delete my subscription under USER CP if I do not want to continue to get the notices.

You can set it so you only subscribe when you post something in that thread. I think it's a great feature!!

I didn't know you could block posts by a particular user! Wow! I'm too nosy to do that, though :)

I have thought of doing that but haven't for the same reason, Ann! I have gotten tired of some people's complaints so now if I see their name, I just skip their post unless it looks particularly "demanding to be read"! LOL!

PChefPEI said:
You can set it so you only subscribe when you post something in that thread. I think it's a great feature!!

Wow, this I did not know! How great.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you cruise through the Hitchhiker's Guide to Chef Success.BTW...when you hover above a thread title, a balloon will give you the opening line of the first post. If the thread author is on your iggy, you will not get a balloon when you hover above that thread title.

pcchefjane said:
I have thought of doing that but haven't for the same reason, Ann! I have gotten tired of some people's complaints so now if I see their name, I just skip their post unless it looks particularly "demanding to be read"! LOL!

ha ha....Ditto! :)

It's actually liberating to not worry about what some people write. And if you're considering putting someone on ignore, the chance that you take anything they write seriously anyway is pretty slim. ;)

Good point, Ann! Besides, you can still see that they posted, you just don't see their post...so, if you get really curious, I suppose you could always take a peek...;)

I don't have anyone on ignore. I like to read everyone's opinions and suggestions. If I don't agree with it I just don't agree and go on. And, honestly I can't think of anyone who has stood out to me as always complaining or being negative. But then again I have never received nasty pms from anyone either. I just try to be myself and expect you all to take me for what/who I am. Sometimes I don't agree with ho decisions, but oh well. Sometimes I don't agree with your posts, but oh well. We are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs. Sometimes I read through a thread and can't imagine how someone came to feel/believe that way, but I don't let it bother me. We all have days that we need to vent and this is a great place to do it...with people who should understand what your going through in your business.

I hope I have not offended anyone that they would put me on their ignore list. I would never want to offend any of you. I appreciate all of your help. So, I will say right now that if I have offended anyone in any way I am sorry. I never meant to.

Shawnna said:
I don't have anyone on ignore. I like to read everyone's opinions and suggestions. If I don't agree with it I just don't agree and go on. And, honestly I can't think of anyone who has stood out to me as always complaining or being negative. But then again I have never received nasty pms from anyone either. I just try to be myself and expect you all to take me for what/who I am. Sometimes I don't agree with ho decisions, but oh well. Sometimes I don't agree with your posts, but oh well. We are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs. Sometimes I read through a thread and can't imagine how someone came to feel/believe that way, but I don't let it bother me. We all have days that we need to vent and this is a great place to do it...with people who should understand what your going through in your business.

I hope I have not offended anyone that they would put me on their ignore list. I would never want to offend any of you. I appreciate all of your help. So, I will say right now that if I have offended anyone in any way I am sorry. I never meant to.

I'll send you one later;)

funny!! I know some of you have received nasty little pms and that is just not appropriate behavior. I might put those kind of people on my ignore list...but probably not. I would just pray for them and ask the Lord to not let me act like them.

Shawnna said:

agreed.

& ps. i love your signature. i just forwarded that to my mom.
it seemed like something she would live her life by.

Shawnna said:
funny!! I know some of you have received nasty little pms and that is just not appropriate behavior. I might put those kind of people on my ignore list...but probably not. I would just pray for them and ask the Lord to not let me act like them.

I've never received any nasty PM's, well not yet anyways:)

After having to wait tables for 10 hours a day the past 2 days because one of our waitresses was sick I can relate to wanting to ignore some people. People are just mean. I do not understand why people have to be so mean and rude. I am glad I don't have to be a waitress. I can't take people being ugly to me. When I am running my tail off and doing the best I can do and you are still mean to me I want to yell at you...not a very nice way to be but a person can only take so much abuse. I have never in my life been rude or hateful to my waitress/waiter. If they are busy I understand and know they are doing all they can do. IF they are not busy and I see them just sitting around and not taking care of me, then their tip will show it. But I would never be ugly to them or report them to the manager. The manager already knows if they are a problem and she/he might not have anyone to replace them. We need to be more understanding of each other. Oh well, that is a whole new thread.

Shawnna said:

Well said, Shawnna! :)

Shawnna said:

I agree 100%

Related to Can You Block a Thread? Managing Offensive Content on Forums

1. How do I block a whole thread on the Pampered Chef website?

To block a whole thread on the Pampered Chef website, you can click on the three dots located in the top right corner of the thread and select "Block Thread" from the drop-down menu. This will prevent any new replies from showing up in your feed.

2. What happens when I block a whole thread?

When you block a whole thread on the Pampered Chef website, you will no longer see any new replies or updates from that thread in your feed. The thread will also be removed from your list of saved threads.

3. Can I unblock a whole thread after I have blocked it?

Yes, you can unblock a whole thread on the Pampered Chef website at any time. To do so, simply go to your list of blocked threads and click on the thread you wish to unblock. Then, click on the "Unblock Thread" button.

4. Will other users know if I have blocked a whole thread?

No, other users will not be notified if you have blocked a whole thread on the Pampered Chef website. However, they may notice that you are no longer participating in the thread or responding to any new replies.

5. Is there a limit to the number of threads I can block?

No, there is no limit to the number of threads you can block on the Pampered Chef website. However, we recommend only blocking threads that you no longer wish to see in your feed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Poll
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg