• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Contact With Confidence - My Notes

In summary, Lyn Conway shares valuable tips for making contact with confidence in a business setting. She emphasizes the importance of building relationships and being your best self, while also acknowledging the presence of fear and negative self-talk. Conway encourages people to be proactive in making connections and to pay attention to details that can help start a conversation. She also reminds us that success in business comes from helping others, not just ourselves.
raebates
Staff member
Contact with Confidence
Lyn Conway

The secret to a successful business is enough—enough sales, enough recruits, enough time, enough . . . whatever. And, I’m the one who defines enough.

Introduce yourself, not your services. Build a relationship so you can determine their needs.

Shut off the bad angel. Every time you try something new, you will have a good angel on one shoulder cheering you on and a bad angel on the other telling you all the reasons you’re going to fail. Smack that bad angel down and refuse to listen to him.

It’s okay to feel fear. Just don’t act on it. You don’t have to be brave to act brave. Behave like your best self until you become it.

Never assume people will initiate contact. Nine times out of ten the other person will be shyer than you.

Pay attention to details—accent, logo clothing, cute haircut, distinctive jewelry, etc. This will give you a way to start a conversation. Once you’ve established contact, ask good questions. They should be open-ended. If they seem open to more conversation, explore. This may be a new friend, a new customer, or a new recruit.

It’s not about maneuvering the conversation. Don’t be in a rush to get to the PC stuff.

Develop a poker face to deal with rude people or negative reactions.

Talk to yourself on tape, voice mail, in the mirror, etc. Gauge your voice and expression.

Circulate and cultivate! If you always go where you’ve always gone, you’ll always see the same people.

Go in. We can do most of our business from our cars, but that doesn’t really offer the best opportunity to connect with others. Chicken? Dare yourself.

Become a friend-finding magnet. Work the room looking for people to connect with. Again, don’t make it all about PC. If you build relationships, the customers will be a natural consequence.

You will never find the time to do what you need to do. You must make the time.

Those are great notes Rae!

Here is something that my Director said at our meeting Friday that really fits in with Lynn's session:

"If I help enough people get what THEY want, I will get what I want!" (Fits in with "it's not about me" that Lynn kept saying.)

Those are great notes Rae... you caught some of the same stuff that I did.. and some stuff that I didnt!!!

I have a confession. The last line is not from NC. It was part of a Lyn Conway CD I was listening to as I drove today. It just fit so well, I couldn't help but add it.

What great notes!

1. What exactly is "Contact With Confidence - My Notes?"

"Contact With Confidence - My Notes" is a tool provided by Pampered Chef that allows you to keep track of all your customer interactions, including notes from conversations, orders placed, and follow-up tasks. It helps you stay organized and provide excellent customer service.

2. Can I access "Contact With Confidence - My Notes" on my mobile device?

Yes, you can access "Contact With Confidence - My Notes" on any mobile device with an internet connection. Simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "My Notes" tab.

3. How do I create a new note in "Contact With Confidence - My Notes?"

To create a new note, go to the "My Notes" tab and click on the "New Note" button. You can then enter the date, time, and details of the interaction with your customer. You can also add a follow-up task and set a reminder.

4. Can I share my notes with other Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, you can share your notes with other consultants by adding them as collaborators. This feature is useful if you are working with a team or if you have a mentor who can provide feedback on your customer interactions.

5. Is there a limit to how many notes I can store in "Contact With Confidence - My Notes?"

No, there is no limit to the number of notes you can store in "Contact With Confidence - My Notes." We encourage you to keep track of all your customer interactions to provide the best service possible and build strong relationships with your clients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
amy07
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • ChefBeckyD