• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?

In summary, Janet was playing softball when she was kicked in the ankle by a player. The injury caused a lot of swelling and pain. She was able to walk with the help of crutches, but when the shoe came off, mobility stopped and the swelling continued to grow. Today, the ankle is down a bit but still swollen.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
This is what happens when you take a line drive full force into your ankle...

Pretty colors today...

janetupnorth-albums-test-images-picture594-line-drive-ankle.jpg

Ouchy....................

Shazammm woman! how did that happen?

OUCH! :eek: That smarts!

Now - we need a picture of Susan's maimed finger for the evening to be complete!:D:p

OMG! I bet that is sore!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Oh man, that's a bad one! Holy cow-do you think anything is broken?

That's soccer where you stop the ball with your feet. Sorry. I know that has to hurt.

wow Janet! That must have been some game - I hope you won!

Feeling bad today? Or does it look worse than it feels? I hope you're ok!

Yikes, that is terrible. Feel beter soon.

Actually, it isn't sore.I don't think anything is broken since I seem to have almost full mobility without pain and the swelling is already 1/2 of yesterday and the colors are changing so it is already progressing/healing.I did sleep with it up on a pillow last night to try and reduce the pooling of blood in the bottom and hoping it would be less purple.I wrap it each morning with vet wrap and keep it wrapped until work is over. The only time I have any just slight discomfort is stairs so I'm careful not to go up/down stairs lifting things.How did that happen?Well, Monday night I was in a softball tournament. Up to bat, Mr. Green Shirt guy that is 6'5" and only cranks the ball over the fence. Well, this time he his a line drive to 2nd base. I saw the ball come off the bat, stepped and reached for it at the same time. Well, since I'm a little older than I used to be, my foot made it, but my glove was still 1-2 inches away so BAM! ...and yes, I heard it off my shoe. (Most of the purple part is where my shoe was.) The ball went about 4' spun and stopped. I ALMOST threw him out if I had reacted to my pain a little quicker. It did drop me to my knees.I immediately got up and kept walking/pacing though. I didn't stop moving until bed that night (knowing that when the shoe came off and mobility stopped, swelling would start). Yesterday my ankle was twice my normal one. Today it is down a bit. We'll see how long it lasts! As long as the swelling goes down and pain doesn't come, I think it should be fine.

GourmetGirl said:
wow Janet! That must have been some game - I hope you won!

Unfortunately not. :(

But not due to me...I was up with 2 outs and a few people on base...they thought hey, a girl is up, easy out.

I nailed on to left field on the 3rd base line and scored two runs. :D
Don't mess with me at the bottom of the inning with 2 outs, I'll come out swingin'! ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
E 4

razzlbrzt minimum

YUP! Should have had that one!

Oh, and for you Linda, my toenails are painted! ;) (Of course, that's still from Conference...he-he)

Janet, I hope your boo boo is better soon.Rennea, I kick ankles. I don't bite them. LOL!

janetupnorth said:
Oh, and for you Linda, my toenails are painted! ;) (Of course, that's still from Conference...he-he)

Good girl!

Hope you are feeling better today.

Ouch! Glad to hear it isn't hurthing much. I was going to ask if you won the game too. Sorry. That's the least they could have done to make up for injuring you.:rolleyes:

That looks painful---heal quickly!

Ouch, and you kept moving, too. I would've sat down and cried :(

raebates said:
Janet, I hope your boo boo is better soon.

Rennea, I kick ankles. I don't bite them. LOL!

Me too Rae, it's too much effort for me to bend over!!

Janet, I hope you are using this as a sympathy factor around the home and at work...work it, Girl!!!!

It does look sore and glad to hear it is not as painful as it looks....but did you kick them back?

Oh! Ooooh! Ooooowwwwwwwwww!!!!

Wow that one looks like a doosey!! Glad it looks worse than it feels. I agree..go with the sympathy factor. We don't get to take advantage of that very often;)

Unfortunately the sympathy factor thing doesn't work, people know me too well!
I did get DH to empty the dehumidifier for me twice, but that is about it. I had to do his work at camp last night while he ran off to a fire call. :( Oh well, I'll think of something in due time. I can't complain, if I really want something or to do something, I usually can.

I can update on the ankle with a nice shade of yellow forming (that is good it is healing). The only thing that hurts is if I press directly in where the ball hit (next to my ankle bone). I have some tight muscles there, but they'll let up soon. ...and I am starting to see my ankle bone again - yeah!

Ann, sorry, didn't kick the guy back...but he is the guy who couldn't catch my hits. I smoked him twice. :D

krzymomof4 said:
Wow that one looks like a doosey!! Glad it looks worse than it feels. I agree..go with the sympathy factor. We don't get to take advantage of that very often;)
Did you read the Morning Update on July 26? :) Check out the This day in history section of that post.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Did you read the Morning Update on July 26? :) Check out the This day in history section of that post.

Yup, that one was a duesy! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Unfortunately not. :(

But not due to me...I was up with 2 outs and a few people on base...they thought hey, a girl is up, easy out.

I nailed on to left field on the 3rd base line and scored two runs. :D
Don't mess with me at the bottom of the inning with 2 outs, I'll come out swingin'! ;)

That's the way to hang tough girl!!! Hope your soreness is all gone soon.

Ouch!!!

Feel better soon!!!

janetupnorth-albums-test-images-picture596-ankle-getting-better-7-31.jpg

Well, it's getting better...I see yellow today...and I can find my ankle bone again. :D

Wonder how Susan's finger is...???...Susan, I'm determined to beat you getting better! LOL!

Yeah, how is your finger, Susan?

Just saw this poor Janet, but you are a STRONG one.... I would have been tempted to milk it! :)

YaaOUCHers!

Egads, Janet, isn't it a little early to be showing us part of you Halloween costume? This will be hard to duplicate when it is costume time! I can see a faint hint of yellow, but it is hard to detect over the glaring bright purple my eyes are attracted to!!

You had better get a little sympathy for this one...pain or no pain!

baychef said:
Egads, Janet, isn't it a little early to be showing us part of you Halloween costume? This will be hard to duplicate when it is costume time! I can see a faint hint of yellow, but it is hard to detect over the glaring bright purple my eyes are attracted to!!

You had better get a little sympathy for this one...pain or no pain!

A little from a few coworkers, none really at home...and I keep showing it to DH... :rolleyes:

Oh well...well, I'm off to bed - I'm tired this week!

Ouch, hope you get better soon!

My son's eye looks really similar! He was playing football w/friends Tuesday evening and was elbowed in his right eye! Go figure teenage boys think they can play football w/no gear on!! It swelled almost shut now it is pretty shades of purple/pink and his eye is half red. I've called the Dr's office twice and they say he doesn't need to be seen. He has a physical tomorrow morning anyway so I'm glad it will be looked at.

So, the foot is coming along...I'm hoping it gets back to normal color by next Friday!
My cousin is getting married Friday night and it REALLY does not go with this dress I bought for her wedding. I have black heels that are closed in front and a strap in back that I wanted to wear with it...
janetupnorth-albums-test-images-picture603-august-1-foot-progression.jpg

janetupnorth-albums-test-images-picture604-dress-joys-wedding.jpg

Wow Janet! That's quite the little black dress!:thumbup:

Maybe if you find a purple necklace to go with it, the purple ankle won't be so out of place.:D:p

ChefBeckyD said:

Maybe if you find a purple necklace to go with it, the purple ankle won't be so out of place.:D:p

Yes, I got it for $32.00 so I splurged. I have to adjust the straps this weekend so I don't feel like I'm "showing" off too much, although DH thought it was fine. :rolleyes:

It's a Friday night wedding at the Kemper Center in Kenosha with reception afterwards so I figured the dress would be pretty appropriate.

Purple necklace...hmm... ;) Naw...

I'm going to wear my gold/pearl necklace that I wore at my wedding. DH got it for me for Valentine's Day that year. I have pearl/gold drop earrings to go with it.

Oh and also hoping nylons will just help cover the off-color... ;)The pictures I took REALLY make my legs look white!

ChefBeckyD said:

Or some black stockings & a babushka(sp?).....:rolleyes:

So, even though I seem to have full mobility in my ankle, it is very tender when touched. DH is trying to convince me to get an X-ray "just in case". <Sigh> ...not like he'd go in given the same situation.

janetupnorth said:
So, even though I seem to have full mobility in my ankle, it is very tender when touched. DH is trying to convince me to get an X-ray "just in case". <Sigh> ...not like he'd go in given the same situation.

Well, a cast would solve the problem of the purple showing at the wedding!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, a cast would solve the problem of the purple showing at the wedding!:D

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Not if it was a purple cast!

Janet - it seems as if it is more swollen today than yesterday... you need some rest chica! and btw, has Carolyn even seen this thread? ;)

It looks more swollen. The yellows are coming through better. With the black dress and the yellow foot, you will look like a bumble bee!!!

How about some of those support hose they put on you in the hospital to promote circulation?!? That will cover your wounds!

Just thinking about wearing heels and looking at your foot make me wince!:cry::yuck:

Actually it is less swollen, it's kind of hard to take a picture of your own ankle! ;)I was bending it a little probably...I think Carolyn saw it...it was all in honor of her gross ear pictures!!!! ;)
...and foot photos...
...and...

Related to ...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?

1. What is "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?"

"...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?" is a line of kitchen products designed and curated by Pampered Chef consultant Carolyn, also known as Dannyzmom. These products are handpicked and tested by Carolyn to ensure their quality and usefulness in the kitchen.

2. What types of products can I find in the "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?" line?

The "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?" line offers a variety of kitchen products such as cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and accessories. These products are specially selected by Carolyn to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable.

3. How are the products in the "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?" line different from other Pampered Chef products?

The products in the "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?" line are handpicked and tested by Carolyn based on her own personal experience and expertise in the kitchen. They are also exclusive to her Pampered Chef consultant business, making them unique and special.

4. Can I purchase products from the "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?" line through any Pampered Chef consultant?

No, the "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?" line is exclusive to Carolyn's Pampered Chef consultant business. You can only purchase these products through her consultant website or by attending one of her Pampered Chef parties.

5. What is the story behind the name "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?"

The name "...Just for You Carolyn (Dannyzmom)...Isn't It Purty?" reflects Carolyn's personal touch and dedication to her Pampered Chef business. "Just for You" signifies the personalized and thoughtful selection of products, while "Carolyn" and "Dannyzmom" represent the consultant behind the line. "Isn't It Purty?" is a playful nod to the attractive and functional nature of the products in the line.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne