• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the Impact of Ignoring Yourself: Philosophical Questions to Consider

In summary, when you add yourself to your ignore list, you can't send PMs to your buddies. You can still see who is online, and you can add someone to your buddy list.
chefann
Gold Member
What happens when you add yourself to your ignore list?

Anyone want to test it?

Hmmmm. I wonder!

"sorry you cannot add yourself to your ignore list." :p

So there you have it! Nothing at all. :(

Well, poot! Now you have to come up with another deep question.

I just checked- you can add yourself to your buddy list.Unless you don't like yourself.

Ooh, I like myself!

Well that's good to know - that we can add ourselves to our buddy lists, and that Rae is her own best friend. Woohoo! :D

Hey, wait just a minute. I said I like myself. I'm not my best friend, though. My best friend LOOOOVES me!

How bored are you????

What happens when you add someone to your buddy list?? I have never seen anything about it...

chefann said:
What happens when you add yourself to your ignore list?
Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Can I get you a beer?"

Decartes says, "I think not," and POOF! he was gone!

gilliandanielle said:
What happens when you add someone to your buddy list?? I have never seen anything about it...

When your "buddy" is on line they have a + by there name!! WoW!! Other then that I don't think there is anything else.

Ann you are too funny, what are you going to ask next???

This thread reminds me of: Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy (SNL)

Here's one: Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself:
"Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind".
What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't
just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." - SNL script...

rennea said:
When your "buddy" is on line they have a + by there name!! WoW!! Other then that I don't think there is anything else.

All of my buddies are A+ in my book!

even when there is a dull moment, there is never a dull moment on here!!

heather

1057_200.jpg

Yikes! I think It was KG...in the lounge...with the knife!

Next question...

If a Clock/timer goes off, and there's noone in the kitchen to hear it, does it make a sound?

OH- and on the buddy list thing... there's an "open buddy list" link under "Quick Links" that opens a window with your buddies, showing who is online. You can then send PMs to them easily.
Cool!

chefann said:
Next question...

If a Clock/timer goes off, and there's noone in the kitchen to hear it, does it make a sound?
And if a man talks in the woods...nah - even that one is too old to post.

I have 4 people on my buddy list who are all online now! Neat!

:eek: Am I on anyone's buddy list??:eek: :confused:

...or black list.:eek:

BethCooks4U said:
:eek: Am I on anyone's buddy list??:eek: :confused:

NO! Just kidding, you're on mine!

Beth, you're on my buddy list.

KG's on my ignore list.

Just kidding!

This message cannot be displayed because chefann is on your ignore list.

chefann said:
Beth, you're on my buddy list.

KG's on my ignore list.

Just kidding!
I just might put him on my ignore list too after what he just said on another thread. :(

I must have missed it.

KG- be a good boy and play nice!

BethCooks4U said:
I just might put him on my ignore list too after what he just said on another thread. :(
NOW what'd I do?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
NOW what'd I do?
Well if you don't know I'm not going to tell you!

okay, I'll tell. Something about scaring away little girls.:(

Well, I seem to scare 'em away and no one sold me any GS cookies this year, either.(I still have some hidden from last year, though.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, I seem to scare 'em away and no one sold me any GS cookies this year, either.

(I still have some hidden from last year, though.)
By now you should know that I'm very sensitive.

Someone accused me of that yesterday, too, but don't ask me to find it in this mess of threads and posts from the last couple of days.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Someone accused me of that yesterday, too, but don't ask me to find it in this mess of threads and posts from the last couple of days.

It was me.:eek:

Do I have to separate you two?

Nah, we're okay.(We are okay, aren't we, Beth?)

OK then! But I'm keeping an eye on both of you.

So watch it.

chefann said:
OK then! But I'm keeping an eye on both of you.

So watch it.
So... since I'm "mom" are you "Aunt Ann"?

I guess.

I have an Aunt Ann. She's my nieces' Great-Aunt Ann. One of my nieces saw me after having visited Great-Aunt Ann and saying "Aunt Ann" seemed too short. So I became Plain Aunt Ann. :D

DH is Uncle Darth. Like Darth Vader.

At least you're not Auntie Ann - they'd expect you to make pretzels.

chefann said:
I guess.

I have an Aunt Ann. She's my nieces' Great-Aunt Ann. One of my nieces saw me after having visited Great-Aunt Ann and saying "Aunt Ann" seemed too short. So I became Plain Aunt Ann. :D

DH is Uncle Darth. Like Darth Vader.
You don't look too plain to me!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
At least you're not Auntie Ann - they'd expect you to make pretzels.
hmm... I llike "Auntie Ann"! Let's call her that!

MMM pretzels...I like those!

chefann said:
So I became Plain Aunt Ann. :D

Oh my goodnes, if you're PLAIN Aunt Ann, what must the other Aunt Ann be like?

She's Plane Aunt Ann and flies everywhere.

raebates said:
Oh my goodnes, if you're PLAIN Aunt Ann, what must the other Aunt Ann be like?
The other Aunt Ann (my aunt) is a little eccentric. And her married name is Ann Miller. I love that!

<h2>1. What does it mean to add yourself to your ignore list?</h2><p>Adding yourself to your ignore list means intentionally disregarding your own thoughts, feelings, and needs. It can involve suppressing your own emotions, neglecting self-care, and putting the needs of others above your own.</p><h2>2. How does ignoring yourself impact your relationships?</h2><p>Ignoring yourself can have a negative impact on your relationships. When you constantly put others' needs before your own, it can lead to resentment, feelings of being taken advantage of, and a lack of fulfillment in your relationships. It can also hinder your ability to communicate effectively and set healthy boundaries.</p><h2>3. Can adding yourself to your ignore list have physical consequences?</h2><p>Yes, ignoring yourself can have physical consequences such as increased stress levels, difficulty sleeping, and a weakened immune system. Neglecting self-care can also lead to physical symptoms like headaches, muscle tension, and digestive issues.</p><h2>4. What are some signs that you may be ignoring yourself?</h2><p>Some signs that you may be ignoring yourself include feeling overwhelmed, constantly putting others' needs before your own, feeling disconnected from your emotions, and neglecting self-care. You may also notice changes in your behavior, such as avoiding conflict or people-pleasing.</p><h2>5. How can exploring the impact of ignoring yourself help?</h2><p>Exploring the impact of ignoring yourself can help you become more self-aware and understand the consequences of neglecting your own needs. It can also help you identify areas where you may need to make changes in order to prioritize your own well-being and improve your relationships.</p>

Related to Exploring the Impact of Ignoring Yourself: Philosophical Questions to Consider

1. What does it mean to add yourself to your ignore list?

Adding yourself to your ignore list means intentionally disregarding your own thoughts, feelings, and needs. It can involve suppressing your own emotions, neglecting self-care, and putting the needs of others above your own.

2. How does ignoring yourself impact your relationships?

Ignoring yourself can have a negative impact on your relationships. When you constantly put others' needs before your own, it can lead to resentment, feelings of being taken advantage of, and a lack of fulfillment in your relationships. It can also hinder your ability to communicate effectively and set healthy boundaries.

3. Can adding yourself to your ignore list have physical consequences?

Yes, ignoring yourself can have physical consequences such as increased stress levels, difficulty sleeping, and a weakened immune system. Neglecting self-care can also lead to physical symptoms like headaches, muscle tension, and digestive issues.

4. What are some signs that you may be ignoring yourself?

Some signs that you may be ignoring yourself include feeling overwhelmed, constantly putting others' needs before your own, feeling disconnected from your emotions, and neglecting self-care. You may also notice changes in your behavior, such as avoiding conflict or people-pleasing.

5. How can exploring the impact of ignoring yourself help?

Exploring the impact of ignoring yourself can help you become more self-aware and understand the consequences of neglecting your own needs. It can also help you identify areas where you may need to make changes in order to prioritize your own well-being and improve your relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
peichef
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies