• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Santa Fe: Skiing, Dining, and New Year's Eve Fun

Santa Fe has a lot to offer, including art and culture. It's also a great place to shop. You could also check out SantaFe.com for more information.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
My husband and I are taking a trip there from Dec. 31st through Jan 3rd. We've heard there is skiing. We don't want to buy gear (I've gained a bit since we last went skiing) or lug it with us. I know some places rent out the gear. However, besides skiing or snow activites what else is there to do in Santa Fe? Were would you eat? What would you do on New Year's Eve?

Any ideas or suggestions are aprreciated!! Thanks!

Nah, by the time I got to ride on the Santa Fe, it was Amtrak. Sigh.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7f/Super_Chief.jpg/350px-Super_Chief.jpg

C'mon, somebody has to have been there recently. It's been about a dozen years since I went to Albuquerque and Santa Fe.(It took me so long to learn how to spell "Albuquerque" that I like to mention Albuquerque any time the subject of Albuquerque comes up. Okay, I know this is about Santa Fe and not Albuquerque but you have to fly into Albuquerque if you're going to Santa Fe.)

Santa Fe is a wonderful town! If you love to shop there are plenty of places in and around the Plaza. There are also numerous museums, including the Georgia O'Keefe museum - some charge a small entry fee. There are many, many places to get great food. Blue Corn Cafe, Tomasitas (great chili), Maria's, The Restaurant at the Inn at Loretta (and Loretta Chapel is a must see). Chili is a staple throughout NM and everyone has their own and make it differently. Red or Green is the question and you can combine them by asking for "Christmas". Depending on where you are staying you might ask them about New Year's activities or check-out SantaFe.com - Your source for Lodging, Arts, Culture, and all things Santa Fe, New Mexico!. Enjoy!

Thank you Barbie!

I've never been, but my aunt and uncle used to live there. I'll ask them for suggestions.

Related to Exploring Santa Fe: Skiing, Dining, and New Year's Eve Fun

1. What are some must-visit places in Santa Fe?

Some popular places to visit in Santa Fe include the Santa Fe Plaza, the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Canyon Road, and the Santa Fe Railyard.

2. Is Santa Fe a good destination for food lovers?

Definitely! Santa Fe has a rich food culture and is known for its unique blend of Native American, Spanish, and Mexican cuisines. Don't miss out on trying the famous green and red chile dishes!

3. What is the best time of year to visit Santa Fe?

The best time to visit Santa Fe is during the fall (September-November) when the weather is mild and the city hosts various cultural events like the Santa Fe Wine Festival and the Santa Fe Indian Market.

4. Are there any outdoor activities to do in Santa Fe?

Yes, there are plenty of outdoor activities to do in Santa Fe, such as hiking, biking, and visiting national parks like Bandelier and Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks.

5. What kind of souvenirs can I buy in Santa Fe?

Santa Fe is known for its vibrant art scene, so some popular souvenirs include Native American pottery, jewelry, and paintings. You can also find unique handmade items at the Santa Fe Farmers Market and the Palace of the Governors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
littlemaisyPC
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies