• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploding Cake Disaster: My First Recruit's Story

, in summary, the host's 8 year old daughter told everyone that the cake blew up in the microwave. The host's microwave is very powerful, so the cake only made a small mess.
jrstephens
Well it exploded in hosts microwave!!! I told the host I did not want to do this recipe b/c it was so unpredictable. And she said well lets just cook it before everyone gets here and if it messes up they will never know. I asked her if her microwave is powerful b/c it take 12 minutes in mine and she said no it's not all. So, we started out with 10 minutes and I was going to check it at 8. Well, the top blew off at 5 minutes!!! She found out her microwave is VERY powerful!!! Thankfully, it was done, so, it did not make too big of a mess. We put too much icing (I have only done this at home once), so, that was very runny.

She 8 year old daughter was there, and proceeded to tell EVERYONE as they came in the door that we blew up a cake!! I did not sale in rice cookers but we did all get laughs out of it.

The host is my first recruit I have been talking about on here. I told her well, you learned why to not do this at a show!!

I have to tell you, some of my worst shows have turned out to be my best recruits! I had one where I was so sick I could hardly think... she has been on my team for 2 years. And countless others where I have goofed things up and got a new consultant anyway. Just shows them that if you can do it, anyone can!

That's for sure! I even forgot the rice cooker and had to go back home to get it. She is only about 5 minutes from my house. She asked me is i bought the chopper for the meat, and I told her nope forgot that too but i would use a new knife for it!! I told her "see you can no a show even without everything and none on the guest ever know"

jrstephens said:
Well, the top blew off at 5 minutes!!!
Did you have the lid on it or was that just an expression?

I had the top on b/c that was what I did the first time. Is it not suppose to be on?

No, the top is supposed to be left off. That may be why you're having trouble with your cakes. Having the lid on intensifies the cooking process and heat. Try it again and leave off the lids. I'd check it at 10mins if the micro is a larger one, because they tend to be more powerful.

jrstephens said:
Well, the top blew off at 5 minutes!!!

Well I guess that means no lid when doing the cake in the rice cooker. LOL:D Just think of all the funny stories you get to tell at your shows when you do it again.

I think it depends on the person's microwave. I always cook my microwave cakes with the tops on. Sometimes it takes a long time, and sometimes it is really short. The cakes are my most successful things at shows and I get repeats asking me to bake them again!!

I did it once at home with the top and it wokred fine. This was my second try and my first at a show. I will try it again at home without the top and see. But for now I think I will forcast on something esle. I guess you could say I am micro-cake shy now! :eek:

I did a microcake last night with the fluted pan.... however, I wasn't sure what recipe to use.

I had another consultant at my last meeting say that she puts the icing in first and then the cake mix, bakes it and then the icing is already there, she does this in the rice cooker.

Does anyone know what I am talkgin about?? :D

Thanks!
Jaye

Related to Exploding Cake Disaster: My First Recruit's Story

1. What exactly is the "Exploding Cake Disaster" mentioned in the title?

The "Exploding Cake Disaster" refers to a common mistake that new recruits in Pampered Chef may make when using certain products, such as the Stoneware Fluted Pan. This mistake can result in the cake rising and expanding too much, causing it to overflow and make a mess in the oven.

2. How can I prevent my cake from exploding in the Stoneware Fluted Pan?

To prevent your cake from exploding, it is important to follow the instructions provided with the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Make sure to properly preheat the pan before adding the cake batter and do not overfill the pan. Also, avoid using a cake mix with pudding in it, as this can cause the cake to rise too quickly.

3. Can the Stoneware Fluted Pan be used for any other types of recipes?

Yes, the Stoneware Fluted Pan can be used for a variety of recipes, such as quiches, frittatas, and even meatloaf. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and follow the instructions for preheating the pan.

4. What should I do if my cake does explode in the Stoneware Fluted Pan?

If your cake does explode, do not panic. Let the cake cool completely before attempting to remove it from the pan. Use a knife or spatula to gently loosen the edges of the cake from the pan and carefully remove it. You can then trim off the excess cake and still enjoy the remaining portion.

5. Is the Stoneware Fluted Pan still a good investment despite the potential for exploding cakes?

Yes, the Stoneware Fluted Pan is still a great investment. It is a versatile and durable pan that can be used for a variety of recipes, and as long as the instructions are followed properly, the risk of an exploding cake is minimal. Plus, Pampered Chef offers a guarantee on all their products, so if you do experience any issues, you can contact them for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • quiverfull7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • chefnene