• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake Disaster! Making a Lemon Microwave Cake at a Show

In summary, the lady is making a Lemon Microwave cake and it's going to be a tough challenge because the cookbook that she's using doesn't have many recipes for this type of cake. The Sunshine Cake is a yellow cake mix, pudding, and vanilla extract recipe. She's going to try to make the cake mix as directed on the box and then add the pie filling. She's also going to have to hurry because her husband is driving her crazy with the cake and she has to get to the store to get the ingredients for the Sunshine cake.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I'm supposed to be making a Lemon Microwave cake this afternoon at a show. Due to circumstances beyond my control I could not test it until this AM. It's about to flow ove rthe sides of the pan. My husband could only find the Supermoist Lemon cake...so should I have put the pudding powder in as well or left it out... also in that file it doesn't say whether or not to put in the 1 1/4 cup of water but it was WAY thick before I did... so I did... HELP!!!!!!!!
This lady have been very picky and VERY specific so I want this to go well. She did a over $6000 catalog show last month and has over $250 in orders already today... I want it to go right! HELP!!!!!!!
:)

quiverfull7 said:
I'm supposed to be making a Lemon Microwave cake this afternoon at a show. Due to circumstances beyond my control I could not test it until this AM. It's about to flow ove rthe sides of the pan. My husband could only find the Supermoist Lemon cake...so should I have put the pudding powder in as well or left it out... also in that file it doesn't say whether or not to put in the 1 1/4 cup of water but it was WAY thick before I did... so I did... HELP!!!!!!!!
This lady have been very picky and VERY specific so I want this to go well. She did a over $6000 catalog show last month and has over $250 in orders already today... I want it to go right! HELP!!!!!!!
:)

Are you talking about the Sunshine Cake?

No... this one is the lemon cake mix, pudding, sour cream , 4 eggs ,white choc chips... I just took it out... it's like LEAD. I'm pretty sure I'll leave out the pudding powder... and I think it needs the water... I HATE not knowing!

I can stop at the store if you think maybe I should change to the Lemon Sunshine one. That's with the pie filling right?

She did a over $6000 catalog show last month and has over $250 in orders already today... I want it to go right! HELP!!!!!!!
:)[/QUOTE]

WOW, did I read that correctly a $6000.00 catalog show? That is awesome!! Was it for you?

quiverfull7 said:
I can stop at the store if you think maybe I should change to the Lemon Sunshine one. That's with the pie filling right?

The Sunshine Cake comes out really nice...
The other cake you are talking about I dont think I've ever seen it. What cookbook is it in?

OMG>>>> $600 NOT $6000 I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT's been such a BAD week for me... I am just praying I can get this dumb cake to turn out and get her show up as high as she wants it... This cake was in a Microwave Cake recipe listing ... the sunshine one was too. SO... do I make the cake mix as directed on the box for the SUnshine Cake and then dd the pie filling?

Is it okay to use the Super Moist cake mix for the Sunshine cake bcause that's all we can find unless my host has something different when I get there.

Here is the recipe I tried... but I put in the water and don't know if I should have... as well as the pudding in a SuperMoist mix... sigh...

More Fluted Pan cake recipes in the Microwave

All cakes start with:

• 1-cup (8 ounces) sour cream
• 1/2-cup oil
• 4 eggs

o Mix eggs & oil with Stainless Steel Whisk, then whisk in sour cream.
o Pick cake from list below and whisk in dry pudding mix (Instant - "serves 4" size) and 1 teaspoon of extract and then the cake mix.
o Fold in 1 - 2 cups of "chips" with Mix-n-Scraper. Spray Fluted Pan with Kitchen Spritzer and spoon mix evenly into pan.
o Depending on your microwave (turntable or no turntable), here is what you do:
o Turntable - Microwave for 11 minutes and check for doneness.
Lemon Lover:
Lemon Cake Mix, Vanilla Chips, Lemon Pudding, Vanilla Extract

You probably shouldn't have added the water. I know that some of the batters for Micro Cakes are VERY thick. The Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake has to be spooned in because it's so thick it won't pour.

The Sunshine cake says yellow cake mix, but I'm sure what you have will be fine. Do you have the recipe? Its in Casual Cooking. LOL...I gotta run to the store, just found out my party for tomorrow went up to 25 people!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Ginger428 said:
I gotta run to the store, just found out my party for tomorrow went up to 25 people!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Congrats!!!

Yea!!! Someone please whisper some prayers for me... I don't often get nervous... just want everyone to have fun but this cake has thrown me off.
Thanks in advance! Whomever posted the purse game... what a givt this AM... I was praying about how to do the business aspect with this group!
Thanks EVERYONE!

You could also just use the cake mix 3 eggs and EITHER 2 cups sour cream or 2 cups lemon pie filling.

Related to Cake Disaster! Making a Lemon Microwave Cake at a Show

1. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe, but be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

2. Can I substitute the lemon juice with another type of fruit juice?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit juice for this recipe, but keep in mind that it may alter the overall flavor of the cake.

3. Can I use a regular oven instead of a microwave?

No, this recipe is specifically designed to be made in a microwave. Using a regular oven may result in a different texture or cooking time for the cake.

4. How long does it take to make this cake?

The total prep and cooking time for this cake is approximately 10-12 minutes.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time and reheat it later?

While it is best to serve the cake immediately after making it, you can refrigerate any leftovers and reheat them in the microwave for a quick and easy treat later on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pamperedva
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl