• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Lava Cake Raw? Expert Advice for Perfectly Cooked Chocolate Lava Cakes

In summary, the speaker made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting in the deep covered baker (DCB) and noticed a runny layer on the bottom. They cooked it for 12 minutes in the microwave, but are unsure if the cake is still raw. They are planning to take it to their husband's workplace, but are considering cooking it longer or bringing something else. The speaker has never used the DCB for a lava cake before, but has had success with other baking methods such as the rice cooker and fluted stone. They suggest checking the cake with a toothpick or cake tester to ensure it is fully cooked before serving. The speaker also mentions that microwave cooking times may vary, so adjustments may be necessary. They hope the cake
janezapchef
Gold Member
I just made the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting version in the dcb. There is a definite runny layer on the bottom of the pan, but above that it looks like actual batter. I cooked for 12 minutes in the microwave, and I have a strong one (it takes me 6-7 minutes for the pork tenderloin). I am supposed to take this to my husband to share at work (I took a little out to make sure I wasn't killing anyone) in a few minutes. Is this cake still raw????

Bumping! Thanks!

If it's iffy I would either cook it longer or take something else. I've only made cakes in the SA square bowls and the fluted stone. They often come out very moist, but not runny.

I have never used the DCB to cook a lava cake so I can't say for sure. I have used the rice cooker and the fluted stone and while the icing was obviously "melted", the cake was definitely cooked. I always cook them uncovered BTW. Even the cake I cooked in the microwave with a non-turning turntable came out great. (There's a question I have added to my pre-show discussions with hostesses!)​

Hi there! It sounds like you may have experienced some issues with your chocolate cake in the deep covered baker. It's possible that the runny layer on the bottom is just excess moisture from the cake, but it's also possible that it may be undercooked. I would recommend checking the cake with a toothpick or cake tester to make sure it comes out clean before serving it to your husband's coworkers. If it's still gooey, you may need to cook it for a few more minutes in the microwave. Every microwave is different, so it's important to keep an eye on the cake and adjust the cooking time as needed. I hope it turns out delicious in the end! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

What is a lava cake?

A lava cake is a type of dessert that features a rich, molten chocolate center. It is typically made with a combination of chocolate, butter, and eggs, and is baked until the outside is set but the center remains gooey.

Do I need a special pan to make lava cakes?

No, you do not need a special pan to make lava cakes. A regular muffin tin or ramekins can be used to bake individual lava cakes. However, using a special lava cake pan with individual sections may result in more evenly sized cakes.

Can I make lava cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make lava cakes ahead of time. The batter can be prepared and poured into the baking dish or ramekins a few hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply bake for the recommended time and enjoy warm lava cakes.

How can I tell when a lava cake is done?

A lava cake is done when the outside is set and the center is still soft and jiggly. You can also use a toothpick to test the cake - it should come out clean from the edges but have a small amount of chocolate on it from the center.

What is the best way to serve lava cakes?

Lava cakes are best served warm and fresh out of the oven. You can also top them with whipped cream, ice cream, or fresh berries for a delicious and decadent dessert. Be sure to let them cool for a few minutes before attempting to remove them from the pan or ramekins.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies