1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Anyone make the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake?

1. PCCHeather0506

PCCHeather0506 Member Silver Member

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't seem to come out very good for me! I've made it a few times but it's always different. Is there a secret when it comes to this one??

I mix up all ingredients for the cake...oil the rice cooker up...then put in the cake mix. then on top I plop about half the container or frosting (not whipped) then cook 8-10 min in microwave (has to be a rotating microwave...from what I was told??) then let sit 5 minutes...make sure cake tester comes out clean and WA LA...except it's more like UH OH for me?? lol. Please help me!! I'm suppose to make this tonight!!

2. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

I dont oil my rice cooker up. I just put all the stuff in and go

Mar 13, 2009
  3. PCCHeather0506

You think that could have made the difference?? I was always told to do this!

4. flacutie

flacutie Gold Member

Definatetly do NOT oil the rice cooker!

Mar 13, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

What did it come out like? The first one I did I cooked too long and it didn't have any lava...

6. PCCHeather0506

It looked PERFECT!! Just seemed like it was done after only 6 min??? It bursted out the sides (all cooked cake...which made for an easy clean up!) If I don't oil it I'm afraid it won't fall out good and will stick???

7. peichef

peichef Veteran Member

don't oil it... it won't stick. :)

Mar 13, 2009
  8. PCCHeather0506

OK! I'll try that!

9. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

I even mixed mine in the rice cooker (did not oil it) with a whisk and a small scraper; added half the can of frosting and cooked without the lid and it was great. You do need to eat it all once it is cooked; not as good as leftovers. ​

Mar 13, 2009
Have something to add?