• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Make the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake?

In summary, the person is trying to make a cake but is having difficulty. They mix the ingredients, cook it, and then let it cool. The first cake they made came out perfect but the second one exploded and was difficult to clean up. They think that oiling the rice cooker may have made a difference.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't seem to come out very good for me! I've made it a few times but it's always different. Is there a secret when it comes to this one??

I mix up all ingredients for the cake...oil the rice cooker up...then put in the cake mix. then on top I plop about half the container or frosting (not whipped) then cook 8-10 min in microwave (has to be a rotating microwave...from what I was told??) then let sit 5 minutes...make sure cake tester comes out clean and WA LA...except it's more like UH OH for me?? lol. Please help me!! I'm suppose to make this tonight!!

I dont oil my rice cooker up. I just put all the stuff in and go

You think that could have made the difference?? I was always told to do this!

Definatetly do NOT oil the rice cooker!

PCCHeather0506 said:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't seem to come out very good for me! I've made it a few times but it's always different. Is there a secret when it comes to this one??

I mix up all ingredients for the cake...oil the rice cooker up...then put in the cake mix. then on top I plop about half the container or frosting (not whipped) then cook 8-10 min in microwave (has to be a rotating microwave...from what I was told??) then let sit 5 minutes...make sure cake tester comes out clean and WA LA...except it's more like UH OH for me?? lol. Please help me!! I'm suppose to make this tonight!!

What did it come out like? The first one I did I cooked too long and it didn't have any lava...

It looked PERFECT!! Just seemed like it was done after only 6 min??? It bursted out the sides (all cooked cake...which made for an easy clean up!) If I don't oil it I'm afraid it won't fall out good and will stick???

don't oil it... it won't stick. :)

OK! I'll try that!

I even mixed mine in the rice cooker (did not oil it) with a whisk and a small scraper; added half the can of frosting and cooked without the lid and it was great. You do need to eat it all once it is cooked; not as good as leftovers.​

1. How do I make the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake?

To make the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake, you will need our Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Mix, butter, eggs, and water. Simply follow the instructions on the package, and you'll have a delicious dessert in no time!

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake?

While we recommend using our Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Mix, you can substitute with your preferred type of chocolate. Just make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly for the best results.

3. How many servings does the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake make?

Our Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Mix makes four individual servings. However, you can easily double or triple the recipe if you need to make more.

4. Can I make the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake in advance?

We recommend making the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake right before serving for the best results. However, you can prepare the batter ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake.

5. Can I use a different type of pan for the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake?

For the classic Molten Chocolate Lava Cake experience, we recommend using our Stoneware Fluted Pan. However, you can use any oven-safe ramekin or muffin tin as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Kelly8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies