1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Expiring membership ... 2 days notice?

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Got an e-mail today that my membership is about to expire. I checked the web site and saw that I only have 2 days left on my membership.

Fortunately, this is a payday so I may just sign up for the gold membership and be done with it.

But I really DO wish that I'd had more than 2 days notice. With SAT deadlines and the like, I am worried I won't have time to take care of this on Friday.

Nov 11, 2009
  2. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I think I got a couple weeks notice. You may want to check with Greg on it. I just went ahead and did the Gold Membership so I don't have to do it every year now.

Nov 11, 2009
  3. Intrepid_Chef

I followed the link and that's what I saw. I remembered having more notice as well last time. I just wanted to see if there was something I was missing.

Nov 11, 2009
  4. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

that is odd. can you search your mailboxes for another notice you may have missed? thanks!

Nov 11, 2009
  5. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I only got a couple days notice too... I check my spam regularly and didn't see anything. Not a big deal, just had to go without cs for a day till I could get my credit card in the same room as my computer! LOL!

Nov 11, 2009
  6. Intrepid_Chef

I searched my inbox too. Yup, only 2 days notice. I'm going to be paying today but since we're coming up on a weekend, I'd hate to be without access at this critical time of the year.

Nov 13, 2009
  7. Intrepid_Chef

Well guess what?

Only 2 days notice this time around too!

Again it is payday so I will be taking care of this tomorrow. If I'd been given more notice, however, I might have signed up for gold membership. Might still. But this is annoying.

Nov 11, 2010
  8. frozenchef

frozenchef Advanced Member Gold Member

I think there was on note on here earlier about one of the admins being out of the country.

Nov 11, 2010
  9. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Isn't it still only $5?
    Are we really squabbling, like another thread, over $5 esp for something that you use all year like this site? Seems a bit petty. I know for the PC website I get about a months notice as I would expect for something more pricey.
    If 2 days isn't enoug time, pay it when you can.

Nov 11, 2010
  10. Intrepid_Chef

Oh dear, I really wish people would stop taking everything I say the wrong way. Frankly, this is why I've held off on gold membership— it's well worth the cost, but I am not sure how long I'll be on this site. I don't want a lifetime membership to a site where I may not always want to be a member.

I'm NOT upset about the cost! I'm NOT upset about renewing my membership! I love this site and most of the time I love the people, I just wish we'd get more than 2 days notice when it's time to re-up! It happened last year, it happened this year and I don't want to lose access at such a critical point in the year. So I will pay it. I just wish they'd give me a little more time so I can consider gold next time around. It's a busy time of year, and my membership is not at the top of my priority list. A reminder a few weeks in advance would be nice. Just saying.

11. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Greg is out of the country and internet range. I'll bring this up when he gets back. Hopefully the site software can be adapted. Completely understand. When you need CS- YOU NEED IT!l

Nov 12, 2010
  12. Intrepid_Chef

Thanks Debb ... I'll pay it, no biggie, really ... just maybe next year I'll keep this deadline in mind and budget gold membership so I don't have to worry about it. Just want to make it clear I'm not upset at all.

13. ChefJessica95765

ChefJessica95765 Novice Member

Just make a note in calender for next year, so you can see it 4 weeks earlier.

14. sherri lynn

sherri lynn Member

I know I would really miss CS, even for a day or two, so I can see what you mean.

Nov 12, 2010
  15. Intrepid_Chef

I'll do that if I have the same phone come next year. My phone calendar is the one I use!

16. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

make a note and pack it with your Halloween directions :)
    (that was not sarcastic) I ALWAYS make notes about Christmas things and stash it in my boxes of Halloween so it reminds me when I unpack and when I repack it is a reminder!!

Nov 13, 2010
  17. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

I get home sunday and I'll see how this can be changed to a week or so

Nov 19, 2010
  18. chef_goods

chef_goods Novice Member Gold Member

This is brilliant! I will steal this.

Nov 20, 2010
  19. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

You're welcome