• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase

In summary, the conversation is about finding a new printer that is cost-effective and produces good quality prints. Various brands and models are recommended, including HP, Brother, Epson, and Canon. The conversation also mentions options such as using a cheaper black and white laser printer for most printing needs and using a separate photo printer. The topic of ink cartridge costs is also brought up, with some suggesting refilling cartridges as a cost-saving measure.
jrny2001
Silver Member
I'm in the market for a new printer.
Right now I have a 3 in 1 HP. It uses up ink so quickly! I'm not crazy about the quality of printed material either.

What brand/model do you have?
How long does your ink last?

I'm willing to pay more for the ink if I know it will last a while. I usually print invites for shows and a few b&w pages in general info I want to keep on hand.

I also had a 3-in one HP had the same problem. I don't think its the brand itself because now I just have an HP 1600 printer not a 3-in 1 and the quality of the print is great. I use my printer alot, I also do candy wrappers so it gets a good workout. The ink lasted from the day I bought it, until a couple of weeks ago. I bought it 6 months ago.

I hope this helps.

I have a Brother 3-in-1 and I love it. I feel like the ink lasts me forever, I only buy ink about once a year. I print less now, but I was printing OOF's, host specials, invites, etc. on it, and the ink still seemed to last a long time.

I have an Epson printer/scaner and love it. The replacement ink is cheap ($12 to $15 each)

I have the Epson CX5000 and have had it for a couple of years now.

They have newer versions of this model...I believe my girlfriend just got the CX7000 from Best Buy for about $150.

I have the HP Laserjet 3050 all in one and I recently got it off OFficemax.com for $145. So worth it. It only does black/white though. :chef:

Depends on your HP 3 in 1. I love mine! But it is older...it is an R60.You may want to consider buying a cheaper B/W laser printer for most of your stuff and the using your 3 in 1 for just the color items...or printing one copy and going to Office Max for copies.

Thanks for the imput. I guess I'll be shopping this weekend :D

I have an HP 1610. I really like it. The quality and speed are great. I go through a lot of cartridges, but I have teenage kids who like to print as well as printing a lot for my business. I wish it would give me a page count for the cartridges!

One thing to think of is ink cartridge costs. We bought a KODAK all in one, and the cartridges are like $10 for b/w and $15 for color. Savings over time will really add up!

I have the Canon MX310 - printer, copier, scanner, fax - and I love :love: it!

The ink price isn't bad (less then my last printer anyway) and seems to last a reasonable time. Print quality is great too.

I have the Canon MP530 and am very happy with it... each color ink cartrige comes separately and it's not bad at all on ink. I am happy with the quality of print as well.

Hi have a canon pixma.. .LOVE IT! And you can feed cardstock and postcares through it which I couldn't do with my HP. The quality is awesome.I also get my ink from Bestpriceink.com. It's refilled but I've never had any problems. I don't use it as a photo printer though as I have a portable photo printer that I use. For the fliers and order forms I use for PC, the refilled cartridges work great and are a great savings.

I am considering the new type of printers that has the ink jet in the printer instead of on the cartridges. The cartridges last longer and the quanity of pages printer is greater.

we have a brother DCP 7020 it is a printer, scanner and copier LOVE it !!
For color copies we use a X83 I think it also scans, copies and prints I mainly use it for color copies

We have a brother MFC 240C. I'm really happy with it. I don't use as much ink as I did with my Lexmark or Epson. Mine's a copy/fax/scan/print.

Our brother is a laser and we make lots of copies (not usually PC) we buy maybe 1 toner cartridge a year

finley1991 said:
Hi have a canon pixma.. .LOVE IT! And you can feed cardstock and postcares through it which I couldn't do with my HP. The quality is awesome.

I also get my ink from Bestpriceink.com. It's refilled but I've never had any problems. I don't use it as a photo printer though as I have a portable photo printer that I use. For the fliers and order forms I use for PC, the refilled cartridges work great and are a great savings.

Really? What HP do you have? I've ALWAYS fed cardstock and postcards through every HP I've owned, laser, laser all-in-one, ink jet all-in-one and deskjet..

janetupnorth said:
Really? What HP do you have? I've ALWAYS fed cardstock and postcards through every HP I've owned, laser, laser all-in-one, ink jet all-in-one and deskjet..

I have an Officejet 5610, and I feed everything through it - including photo paper, postcards, envelopes, and cardstock.

I think the ink last quite a long time, at least compared to my old HP.....

I've also found that if I set it to draft printing for basic stuff, it saves a ton of ink. I print out all receipts this way, plus anything that is just for my personal use.

I have a HP 2605 that is a color laser that will do duplex printing. My guest and host specials from CC look so much better printed on it. I really like the duplex feature for when we have 2 page specials so that I can print on 1 page front and back. I also use the OOF from CC and print it on front and back so that I have the special shipping charges on the back of it.

My HP 2200 just got sick recently. It was my black & white laser that I already had when I got my HP 2605. I'm considering getting another black & white laser print to replace it because the color laser will use too much ink when printing things that are black print only unless I remember to change the property settings before I print. A new printer will cost about what the part to fix the HP 2200 will so if I do anything it will be to buy a new printer.

I won't have a laser printer that doesn't have the duplex option ever again.

Caroline

I just bought an HP Photosmart C7200. I LOVE it. It's a 4 in 1 and has amazing print quality. It has a wireless connection which is awesome also. I love being able to print from my lap top. Good luck shopping!!

I have always been able to feed anything through any of my HP printers~ cardstock, labels, post cards. hmmm...

1. What types of printers are typically reviewed in "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase"?

The "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase" typically reviews a wide range of printers including inkjet, laser, all-in-one, and photo printers.

2. How do the reviews and recommendations in "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase" help with purchasing decisions?

The reviews and recommendations in "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase" provide in-depth analysis and comparisons of various printer models, highlighting their features, performance, and value for money. This can help individuals make informed decisions about which printer best fits their needs and budget.

3. Are the reviews and recommendations in "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase" unbiased?

Yes, the reviews and recommendations in "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase" are unbiased and based on thorough testing and research. The goal is to provide honest and objective information to help individuals find the best printer for their specific needs.

4. How frequently are new reviews and recommendations added to "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase"?

The "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase" is regularly updated with new reviews and recommendations as new printer models are released into the market. This ensures that individuals have access to the latest and most relevant information when making a printer purchase.

5. Can I request a specific printer to be reviewed in "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase"?

While we cannot guarantee that all requests will be fulfilled, we welcome suggestions for printer models to be reviewed in "Expert Printer Reviews & Recommendations for Your Next Purchase". This helps us cater to the needs and interests of our audience. Feel free to reach out to us with your suggestions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nikked
  • Chef Bobby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • PamperedK