• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Perfect Inkjet Printer for Printing Invites - Our Top Picks!

In summary, Amelia is frustrated with her printer because it will not print properly on the invites she mailed to her host. She has looked into different printers and likes the sound of the one that her brother told her about. She also has a tax return coming in and was not able to gringe when she spent over $100 on the printer.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I am so frustrated with my printer!!! One of the perks of mailing my host's invites was printing out all the info on the invites. I've been messing with my printer for over 30 minutes now because it will not print out properly on the invites!!!! I know it works, I've done it before but it's just not doing it this time (I had issues a couple times before too). I'm looking for suggestions on a good ink jet printer that will print invites, reasonable price on ink, and reasonable price on the printer. Any suggestions???? Before I loose my mind and pull all my hair out...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't get my printer to print properly either on the postcards. :(Those of you that don't have a problem printing show info on postcard invites, will you please share with us what kind of printer you have?

I am able to print on the postcards with my HP Office Jet 5500...it's run well for me for many years now. I believe we got it for like $99
I also use my Brother HL 4070CDW for postcards with no trouble - it was very expensive, though - my DH's Grandmother bought it for us.

I always get HP printers. They are the best to me!

hp deskjet 6988 , it has a postcard/envelope slot that holds the postcards for you and it is wireless

I print out labels for the host and apply them to the postcards. Much easier then fussing with the printer!

I've tried labels and don't like how they look (altough right now it's my next solution to get me through this week). Mine is a HP Deskjet D1320 and I do like it just hate that it won't print the postcards properly. Did I also mention I hate Microsoft Word and cannot wait until my May shows are over so I can get a Mac with my graphics programs on it!!!! So what ever printer I get has to work with Mac also, which I think most are compatible.

Amelia, I like the sounds of that one, I will look into it.

Amelia, That printer looks awesome!!!! Plus I checked out the cartridges for slightly more than what I pay now, I can get like 3 times as many prints. I hate replacing my cartridges all the time. That one is on my list. Let's go May shows!! I need some good ones.

ETA... I did just get my tax rebate... I think I may have to go get this like tomorrow. I have 6 May shows to print invites out. It might help out in the long run.

I just bought a Brother and I love it!!!

I got my printer tonight. I knew it had to do something with my cheap printer! I was talking to the guy at OM and he told me that the cheaper printers are not able to pull through the invitations because of the thickness of paper. So I had to make sure that I bought one that would do so. Would have never guessed! I did ask my brother who is my computer genius (okay, just because I'm his big sister!) and he recommened an HP 5610. When I went to OM and told them what I was looking for, the first guy was a little confused but the 2nd gal I talked to walked right to that printer and told me it would do what I needed it to do. And thanks to my tax return coming in at the right time I didn't have to gringe when I spent over $100 on the printer! I'm a little frugal sometimes so that's pretty good for me to spend! I'm going to get it hooked up tomorrow and see how it prints.

Congrats on the new printer! Enjoy!!

1I'll have to put that on my list. Thanks!Enjoy your printer!

It's always fun to play with new gadgets!

I have an HP 1600 and I can put post cards in with no problems. Its great!!

Off subject - I had my grand opening show today - It went very well. I had 3 bookings from it. One cooking show and 2 catalog shows. I did the Harvest Chicken Salad and the Chocolate Velvet cake. The cake was great except it kind of blew up in the microwave. Has that happened to any one else ?

Eileen Houpt
Independent Consultant

Alot of people have had that happen, Eileen! I never have but there's been threads about that before.

Just wanted to add that I get the Sunday paper which has all the ads in it. Well, the printer was $10 cheaper so I was able to go back and get $10 back!

I just had to share, I had 4 shows to do invites for this week and they all printed out perfectly on my new printer. I'm so glad I decided to quit being a cheapscate and get a more expensive one! I also bought really cheap labels at Dollar Tree and always had issues with them feeding through my old printer. Not any more! So I guess I can still be a cheapscate in some sense but it will save headaches in the long run with the new printer.

1. What are the top features to consider when choosing an inkjet printer for printing invites?

When looking for an inkjet printer specifically for printing invites, it is important to consider the print quality, paper handling capabilities, connectivity options, and cost of ink cartridges. Additionally, look for a printer with a compact size and easy-to-use interface for convenience.

2. Can you recommend a budget-friendly inkjet printer for printing invites?

Yes, the Epson Expression Home XP-4100 is a great budget-friendly option for printing invites. It offers high-quality prints, wireless connectivity, and a compact design at an affordable price.

3. Is it necessary to use special paper for printing invites on an inkjet printer?

Yes, it is recommended to use special paper designed for inkjet printers when printing invites. This paper is typically thicker and has a coating that helps prevent smudging and bleeding of ink, resulting in a professional and polished look for your invites.

4. How do I know if an inkjet printer is compatible with my computer?

Most inkjet printers are compatible with both Mac and Windows computers. However, it is always best to check the printer's specifications or contact the manufacturer to ensure compatibility before purchasing.

5. What is the best inkjet printer for printing color invites?

The Canon PIXMA Pro-100 is a top choice for printing color invites. It offers exceptional color accuracy and a wide color gamut, making it perfect for creating vibrant and eye-catching invites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • reba515
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • PamperedK