• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saving on Printer Ink for Business Expenses

In summary, this business person is trying to figure out how to save on printer ink. They are using different strategies to save on ink costs, such as printing fewer copies and in black and white. They also suggest using a tri-fold display to show the different specials to guests.
chefannie
Hi all! I am in the process of trying to streamline my business expenses (promised my DH) and am trying to figure out how to save on printer ink. For example in my host packs I put the following: catalog, order form, drawing slip, a copy of the recipe I am making and a printout of the guest special. The problem doesn't really come into play until I have to print out 20 guest special flyers (January was a killer because it was two pages). I am going through ink like crazy. Any ideas would be appreciated. :love:

Just pass out one flyer and pass it at your shows! I also buy my ink on ebay for huge savings!!!

I go to office max and get my copies in B&W for .03 cents a copy saves me I feel a lot of money

I have stopped printing out guest special flyers for everyone at a show. I print out 5 for the host...1 for her and 1 for each of the 4 catalogs I give her to get outside orders. I also print out 2 for me...one for my desk and one for my bag. I talk about the guest special 2 or 3 times at the show and show them the flyer. I have found that they generally don't look at it very closely unless you point it out anyway.

Also, you can get your ink cartridges refilled at Walgreens and some other stores which is a lot cheaper.

If you have a walgreens near by they fill ink for $15.00 or so..... or go to office max and make copies.

You can also get a really good discount at Office Max if you print out the Pampered perks card form CC. I made color copies there before Christmas and they were $18 before the discount and $10 after.

I email my docs to Office depot online using our pampered perks and get copies for a steal!
They'll even make pads of door prize slips for you if you use a different format than what PC provides

If you have a walgreens near by they fill ink for $15.00 or so

CVS and some Wal-Marts are doing the refills now, too. That's less than half the price of a new cartridge for my printer.

I use a bookings binder, that I keep one copy in sheet protectors of all the specials for the next 2 months. I pass this around at my shows. For my hosts I try to email more then anything, a lot of people in this area like that plus it saves me copy costs and postage. When I have to make copies I work at Staples so I get a discount. But if I didn't I would defiantly go to a pampered perk option.

OfficeMax also refills ink cartridges.But I'm in the "fewer copies and in B/W" camp. I print mine on my laser printer, which was costlier than an inkjet printer for the equipment, but I've had it 6 years with no problems. (Never had an inkjet last more than a year or 2 without giving up the ghost.) And I print 4 copies of the special for each host pack, in B/W on brightly colored paper. I laminate the one from the newsletter and pass it at my shows. Guests at shows don't read all that extra stuff, so don't even waste your money printing copies for everyone.

I would say no more guest specials for every guest.
Get the tri-fold 3-ring display and put it in there for all the guests to see.

I give the host only 1 copy of the host special (color) and on the back is the guest special (b/w). I have a copy of both in color in my reminder binder.

riggs62 said:
I email my docs to Office depot online using our pampered perks and get copies for a steal!
They'll even make pads of door prize slips for you if you use a different format than what PC provides

Thank you. I didn't realize this.
I haven't used the flyers on CC in over a year. There are some great alternative flyers posted in the flyer forum. Someone just recently posted one with both the March and April guest and host specials. It looks great! They are a great option if you still want to put a specials flyer in each guest packet.

I agree with everyone else. I put 1 copy of host special and 1 copy of guest special in clear protector sheets in my host packet. Then I use the flip top chart during my show to talk about the host and guest special. I'll pass it around if the guests ask. I also use a visual at my show. If I have 1 or more of the host/guest special, I set them in a central area (middle of the table, coffee table, end table) away from all my other products. I used small plastic photo holders from Walmart and made one say "Host Special" and one say "Guest Special". This way when I'm talking about either, I can point to the area where they are and show a visual of what's on special.

I made 4 copies of the jan special b/c of the prices. i put them in sheet protectors. i did a show last night w/ 13-14 people and it worked great. everybody played nicely and shared.

I just email the host everything I can, put guest special in clear plastic to pass around.

I email as much as I can too. I put the guest special from CN into a clear plastic sheet and will pass that around now. I used to print out a guest special for every guest but they don't seem to even see it anyway... or care what's on the sheet anyway.

I use my own order forms that I got from this site and update them monthly with the correct Guest Special. That way it's listed on the bottom of the form and each guest will see it when they complete their order. I also mention it at the show too! Also, you can download Outside Order Forms from Consultant's Corner and use these as your order forms, but you will be printing out a sales receipt for each customer then!

You can also print two sheets to a page (side by side) by going to the area marked "zoom" on your print page. (I have MicroSoft Word) And clicking the drop down menu and selecting 2 pages per print, then printing as usual. I didn't know this even existed until one of my downline explained it to me!

Sometimes we overlook what our computers can do for us because we are creatures of habit!

One more suggestion, make sure you are printing on the "draft" preference instead of "normal" quality print. It saves a ton of ink!

chefannie said:
Hi all! I am in the process of trying to streamline my business expenses (promised my DH) and am trying to figure out how to save on printer ink. For example in my host packs I put the following: catalog, order form, drawing slip, a copy of the recipe I am making and a printout of the guest special. The problem doesn't really come into play until I have to print out 20 guest special flyers (January was a killer because it was two pages). I am going through ink like crazy. Any ideas would be appreciated. :love:

Instead of printing out the recipe offer to email it to the guests, or better yet post a copy of it on your website.. or if it's in the Season's Best offer it to them for only $1 ! Joke with them that it costs you more than $1 to print a copy, so why not have a whole book of recipes!

Good Luck !

Jess_K said:
Instead of printing out the recipe offer to email it to the guests, or better yet post a copy of it on your website.. or if it's in the Season's Best offer it to them for only $1 ! Joke with them that it costs you more than $1 to print a copy, so why not have a whole book of recipes!

Good Luck !

I like that idea! I have been trying to stick with the SB this season, just to make it easier on me picking out recipes.

I usually go to Office Max and make copies. I only give the host 1 host/guest special sheet for her pass around and I have one that I pass around in my binder. I used to make the monthly OOF's too, but someone posted a generic one that you can use month to month. I was making those monthly copies and not even using them. What a waste!! I found that customers weren't really looking at the guest special on the order form either.

I didn't know that Office Depot will make some door prize slips! I may have to do that, I don't really like the new ones that PC came out with. I liked having the Yes/No/Maybe boxes on them.

Also - Office Max will give you $3 back for each printer cartridge you return for recycling......so that is a way to save a few $$ on your cartridges.

QUESTION: How many times can you refill a cartridge?

These are all some really great tips! I am using alot of ink! I have folders that I pass out at all my shows. Included in them are Monthly Guest/Host Specials(in clear page protector back to back), a catalog that I have attached in the folder so no-one leaves with a catalog that cost about .45 a piece. Then in the pocket I put a OOF, Name Sticker (very helpful in a large crowd), door prize/question slip and anything pertaining to a game if we are playing one. It saves money on the catalogs but hits you hard with the fliers.

Does anyone find that the flier's have helped them to sell more or book more or do you find they are useless?

PamperedPrincess02 said:
These are all some really great tips! I am using alot of ink! I have folders that I pass out at all my shows. Included in them are Monthly Guest/Host Specials(in clear page protector back to back), a catalog that I have attached in the folder so no-one leaves with a catalog that cost about .45 a piece. Then in the pocket I put a OOF, Name Sticker (very helpful in a large crowd), door prize/question slip and anything pertaining to a game if we are playing one. It saves money on the catalogs but hits you hard with the fliers.

Does anyone find that the flier's have helped them to sell more or book more or do you find they are useless?

The flier's have not helped me. Just point out during your shows what the guest special is - especially the "Spend $60, Get ________ Free" and most of the time, if they are spending $40+, they will go ahead and get more to get that free item. I always point out too the host specials too.

1. How can I save money on printer ink for my business expenses?

The best way to save money on printer ink is to be mindful of your printing habits. Only print when necessary and try to use the "draft" or "economy" setting whenever possible. You can also consider using remanufactured or refilled ink cartridges, which are often cheaper than brand new ones.

2. What are some tips for extending the life of my printer ink?

To extend the life of your printer ink, make sure to properly store your cartridges in a cool, dry place. Also, avoid leaving your printer on for extended periods of time and regularly clean your printer heads to prevent clogs. Additionally, consider using a font that uses less ink, such as Arial or Calibri.

3. Is it worth investing in a laser printer to save on ink costs?

Laser printers may have a higher upfront cost, but they often have a lower cost per page compared to inkjet printers. If you do a lot of printing for your business, it may be worth investing in a laser printer to save on long-term ink expenses.

4. Are there any online resources or tools to help me compare ink prices?

Yes, there are various online tools and resources that can help you compare ink prices for different brands and models of printers. Some popular options include InkjetWilly and Inkfarm.

5. Can I deduct printer ink expenses from my business taxes?

In most cases, printer ink expenses can be deducted from your business taxes as a business expense. However, it's always best to consult with a tax professional for specific advice and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • cincychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • quiverfull7