• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Engagement/Wedding Announcements

So far I haven't had to use it much and only one host complained. Needless to say I "blessed and released" her from my contacts as she was not someone I wanted to do business with for more than one reason.most hosts are great and you don't run into problems with. If there is an emergency than it is understandable, I just don't like the constant changers who do it all the time like it's their hobby.I tried this last year when I got the idea from our wedding registry training booklet. Never got a thing from it. I also just recently did a bridal fair & got a list of the brides that attended. There are 100 of them
Chef Diane
I have some post cards (from nancys) for our registry, I was thinking about going through the announcements pages in the paper and sending them out. Has anyone done this and how did it work out? Is it a waste of time and postage?

I need the bookings and was hoping to get 1 or 2 out of it.

I did it. I didn't get any response. However, I live in a little, out-of-the-way place in rural Indiana. Your experience may be vastly different.

I haven't done it, but if I was on the other end of the wedding announcements, I don't think that I would appreciate people looking me up and finding out my info to try and "sell" me something..

I agree, Jennifer. Mine was a personally written note of "Best Wishes." I told them that I would be glad to tell them about our registry and wedding showers if they contacted me, but wished them well either way.

exactly!
raebates said:
I agree, Jennifer. Mine was a personally written note of "Best Wishes." I told them that I would be glad to tell them about our registry and wedding showers if they contacted me, but wished them well either way.

That was the plan, I want to wish them luck and at the same time let them know about the options we have.

In my humble opinion I think it looks pretty desperate, and would rather spend that money/effort on advertising at a local bridal shop or something more targeted.

I feel that way too. Kind of like an ambulance chasing lawyer.

Unless I went to a bridal show or started handing out my info, I wouldn't appreciate it..and it could even give me a bad taste for the company...

I have sent letters out on the most part to people that I know when I have seen the engagement in the newspaper. Unfortunately no one has taken me up on the wedding registry and I don't want to come across as pushy or invasive so I just have let it be. I know that I wished them "congratulations on your engagement", I let them know that I sell PC and that we have a wonderful rewards program for our wedding registry. If they don't want to take advantage of it that is there choice. I feel that I have done my job. Hopefully down the road they will remember how I didn't force them into it and come to me.

Last year I sent over 100 packets out to the bride list from a fair I did. I thought a 9x12 envelope would be less likely to get looked over as junk mail. I put in the letter from this site, and a flyer or two from Pampered Chef. No response. Of course, I should have followed up better with phone calls, but still...

Doesn't sit well with me.

ok ok I get your point LOL

Harriet I read your letter on cancelations, Love It, definately going to use that one. Has anyone gotten upset when you ask for the $15 check?

Chef Diane said:
ok ok I get your point LOL

Harriet I read your letter on cancelations, Love It, definately going to use that one. Has anyone gotten upset when you ask for the $15 check?

So far I haven't had to use it much and only one host complained. Needless to say I "blessed and released" her from my contacts as she was not someone I wanted to do business with for more than one reason.

Most hosts are great and you don't run into problems with. If there is an emergency than it is understandable, I just don't like the constant changers who do it all the time like it's their hobby.

I tried this last year when I got the idea from our wedding registry training booklet. Never got a thing from it. I also just recently did a bridal fair & got a list of the brides that attended. There are 100 of them that I don't have drawing slips for & was thinking of sending them a wedding registry brochure, but I don't even know if I want to do that. I'm tired of paying postage for nothing!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I tried this last year when I got the idea from our wedding registry training booklet. Never got a thing from it. I also just recently did a bridal fair & got a list of the brides that attended. There are 100 of them that I don't have drawing slips for & was thinking of sending them a wedding registry brochure, but I don't even know if I want to do that. I'm tired of paying postage for nothing!

Does that list happen to have email addresses? That would at least be free!

gilliandanielle said:
In my humble opinion I think it looks pretty desperate, and would rather spend that money/effort on advertising at a local bridal shop or something more targeted.

i have done this, so in my & others defense...when i got engaged, i signed up for so many free mailings / drawings at wedding shops, bridal fairs, etc...i didn't think about someone "stalking / looking me up / chasing me"...that's is just what naturally happens when you get engaged - you get lots of marriage "literature" in the mail. the key is to be tactful & different from the rest.

pchefmommy said:
i have done this, so in my & others defense...when i got engaged, i signed up for so many free mailings / drawings at wedding shops, bridal fairs, etc...i didn't think about someone "stalking / looking me up / chasing me"...that's is just what naturally happens when you get engaged - you get lots of marriage "literature" in the mail. the key is to be tactful & different from the rest.

Being a recent bride... I TOTALLY agree! :)

As a recipent on the other end, someone mailed me something regarding formal dinnerware they were selling. First of all, I was appalled that they would have the nerve to find my address and secondly I was offended because I did not put my engagement in the paper for people to reply to for their services.

I think it is a bad idea all around. Why not try to attend a fair and set up a table for Registries??

Personally, I've done a few Wedding Fairs and have like 15 registries, but NO sales has come from them...YET!

I still think there's no harm in it. Especially since you are not selling anything but offerring a service that will do nothing but benefit them, and costs them nothing. I think it's a little bit different than trying to sell them stuff, not that I'm all that disturbed by that either. People get a lot of mail and I can almost guarantee that there is something in their that they like dislike receiving more (ie, bills, credit card offers, etc.) than receiving a wedding brochure flyer from a local Pampered Chef consultant promoting their services. If I was worried about how everyone would react to my promoting my business and offerring my services, I would have no business at all and certainly wouldnt have a downline of 20+ consultants, (alot of which I randomly approached and shared the word to)

Just my two cents :)

Just be sure that if you do it, either you follow up or find a REALLY unique way to make your mailing stand out for the dozens of others they are getting from every kinds of services.

finley1991 said:
Just be sure that if you do it, either you follow up or find a REALLY unique way to make your mailing stand out for the dozens of others they are getting from every kinds of services.

Very true!

1. How can I make my engagement/wedding announcement stand out?

There are several ways to make your engagement or wedding announcement stand out. Consider including a unique photo, adding a personal touch with a heartfelt message, or using creative wording to make your announcement more memorable. You can also use different design elements like bold fonts or fun graphics to catch the eye of your readers.

2. When should I send out my engagement/wedding announcements?

It is typically recommended to send out engagement announcements as soon as possible after the proposal, and wedding announcements should be sent out within a few weeks after the wedding. This allows enough time for your loved ones to receive and celebrate the news with you.

3. What information should be included in an engagement/wedding announcement?

The key information to include in an engagement announcement is the names of the engaged couple, the date of the engagement, and a brief message about the proposal. For wedding announcements, you should include the names of the newlyweds, the date of the wedding, and a short message about the ceremony. You can also include details about the location and time of the wedding, as well as any other important information you want to share.

4. Can I include my registry information in my engagement/wedding announcement?

It is generally considered tacky to include registry information in your engagement or wedding announcement. Your loved ones will likely ask for this information when they receive the announcement, or you can include it in your wedding invitations.

5. Do I have to send out physical engagement/wedding announcements or can I use digital options?

It is ultimately up to you whether you want to send out physical announcements or use digital options like email or social media. However, sending physical announcements is a more traditional and personal way to share your news with loved ones. Digital options can be a more convenient and cost-effective option, but may not have the same impact as a physical announcement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueikaos
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • pampered2007