• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newspaper Engagement Announcements

In summary, the conversation discussed the idea of reaching out to newly engaged couples through newspaper announcements to offer PC services and products. Some consultants have had success with this approach, but it's important to obtain the couple's address through proper channels and approach it with sensitivity. Ultimately, it's up to each consultant to decide if this aligns with their values and business practices.
blueikaos
I read this (I don't remember where) and wasn't sure how I felt about it.

Some consultants will look through the newspapers and find engagement announcements and send them a congratulations letter (not sure how they get their addresses either) and offer them PC services and a registry.

has anyone ever done this with success?

Not that I recommend that you spam newlyweds, but you can go down to the courthouse & purchase a list of all the newly married couples and/or those who have applied for marriage licenses. It's open records. When I married in '86, my hubby started getting Adam & Eve catalogs that he SWORE he'd never gotten before. I of course didn't fall for it. When my Dad got married in the same county a couple of years later, he started getting them too. Oops, should have trusted the hubby, huh? LOL

Sheila said:
Not that I recommend that you spam newlyweds, but you can go down to the courthouse & purchase a list of all the newly married couples and/or those who have applied for marriage licenses. It's open records. When I married in '86, my hubby started getting Adam & Eve catalogs that he SWORE he'd never gotten before. I of course didn't fall for it. When my Dad got married in the same county a couple of years later, he started getting them too. Oops, should have trusted the hubby, huh? LOL

lol, that's funny Sheila! :)

Haha That IS funny.

Something about that just creeps me out. Unless of course it leads to great successes :)

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand your hesitation and uncertainty about reaching out to engaged couples through newspaper announcements. While it may seem like a potential opportunity to offer our services and products, it's important to approach it with sensitivity and respect.First and foremost, we should always make sure to obtain the couple's address through proper channels, such as through a mutual friend or family member, rather than searching for it through the newspaper. This ensures that we are not invading their privacy or making them uncomfortable.In terms of success, I have heard of consultants who have had positive experiences reaching out to engaged couples. However, it's important to remember that every couple and situation is different, so it's not a guaranteed success. I would recommend approaching it with a genuine desire to congratulate and celebrate their engagement, rather than just promoting our services.Ultimately, it's up to each consultant to decide if this approach aligns with their personal values and business practices. I personally prefer to focus on building relationships with my customers and hosting parties, rather than reaching out to potential customers through newspaper announcements. But again, every consultant is different and it's important to do what feels right for you. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

1. What is a newspaper engagement announcement?

A newspaper engagement announcement is a formal announcement that is published in a local or national newspaper to inform friends, family, and the community about a couple's recent engagement.

2. How do I submit a newspaper engagement announcement?

You can submit a newspaper engagement announcement by contacting the newspaper's engagement or wedding section. Many newspapers have an online form or email address specifically for submitting announcements. You can also call the newspaper's office to inquire about the submission process.

3. Is there a fee for publishing a newspaper engagement announcement?

Yes, most newspapers charge a fee for publishing engagement announcements. The cost varies depending on the newspaper and the length of the announcement. Some newspapers may offer packages that include a photo or additional details for an extra fee.

4. Can I include a photo in my newspaper engagement announcement?

Yes, many newspapers allow couples to include a photo in their engagement announcement. However, there may be an additional fee for this service. It is best to check with the specific newspaper for their photo submission guidelines and fees.

5. When should I submit my newspaper engagement announcement?

It is recommended to submit your newspaper engagement announcement at least four to six weeks before the desired publication date. This allows enough time for the newspaper to process and publish the announcement. It is also important to consider the newspaper's submission deadlines, as they may vary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mpkegley
Replies
Views
soonerchef
  • dkp1269
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
heat123