1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Emails sent through PC website

1. smstrks

smstrks Member

I've been using my PC website to send out invites to parties and I just learned from my last show, hardly anyone is actually getting them. I sent out 48 invites to a Christmas in July event for this weekend and only a tiny percentage of people have actually read the invite. From the party that informed me of not receiving the evites, they did say they got the reminder email but not the actual evite. Anyone else having this problem?

Stephanie

Jul 23, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I've heard that a lot of the PWS emails are marked as spam and it's not something that we really have any control over.

Some consultants say that they will send the PWS invite to themselves, delete the response boxes, and then forward the email to the host to send to their guest list.

Someone also mentioned that there is a way, when viewing the email in Outlook, to view the source, and then copy & paste the HTML into iContact. iContact has white list agreements with most ISPs to allow your emails to go through to more people.

Jul 23, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

One thing I do is check to see if people have viewed the e-invitation. In the column labeled "Last E-mail Sent" it'll say when it was sent, then below it says "view more" with a green arrow next to it. Click on it and wait for it to load (sometimes it takes a minute) and then you can see if they've even read the invite.

What I do is write down the names of those who haven't viewed it and tell my host. Then she can call them or send her own e-mail or forward one of the e-invitations to them. I really like that it has this feature. It lets me know for sure who really has seen it.

The e-invitations are great, but they don't replace the good old-fashioned phone call to personally invite someone.

Jul 23, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I've always been told too that you should send them out in batches of less than 10. Many ISP's mark it as spam when there are 10 or more addresses.

I do that, and have my hosts do that, but they still don't get opened quite often.

Jul 23, 2009
  5. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I think I remember reading somewhere that the PWS system was updated so that it automatically sends your emails in batches.

Jul 23, 2009
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I know that from my last show, when I was doing reminder calls, several people said they found the invite in their spam folder. Doesn't ALWAYS happen, but I'm sure more often than we'd like.

I'm starting to not like the e-vites...at least as the only contact method (as my show tomorrow was). The host now realizes that having other options would have been good, but I did as Amanda mentioned, and I looked to see who hadn't opened the invite OR the reminder (some didn't open the invite, but DID the reminder)- and let her know so she could email them herself and see if that made a difference.

I am not able to forward an invite through email. When I do that, it looks a mess. Not sure if it's RECEIVED that way- but I don't risk it. I'm starting to appreciate US Mail and Phone #s.

Jul 23, 2009
Have something to add?