• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Sending Limits for Webmail Email Accounts?

10mb attachments and I'm wondering if that would count towards my 10mb limit. Definitely worth checking with them to be sure.I found this and thought it would be informative for some of you struggling with sending limits on your emails: Important note: Please do NOT take this information for granted, as your email account provider can change its email policy without any prior notification. It is always a good idea to contact your email account provider and ask about the email send rate, before proceeding with a mass email campaign.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I found this and thought it would be informative for some of you struggling with sending limits on your emails:

Sending mass emails from webmail email accounts

Most webmail email account providers, such as Yahoo! Mail or Google Gmail, allow users to send email by using the webmail browser interface or by using a SMTP connection with the email account SMTP server. No matter the way you send the emails (web interface or email client software), you must be aware of the "rate limit" (the limit for sending emails) established by your email account provider.
dots Web Email Account Providers - email rate limits and SMTP limit

Important note: Please do NOT take this information for granted, as your email account provider can change its email policy without any prior notification. It is always a good idea to contact your email account provider and ask about the email send rate, before proceeding with a mass email campaign.

# Google Gmail Email Send Rate Limit & Restrictions

The following restrictions apply when sending emails from a Google Gmail account:

Gmail email send limit - no more than 500 recipients per message for the Gmail web interface, or max 100 recipients if you are using an email client software.

Gmail other SMTP limits - outgoing messages sent via Google Gmail can not exceed 10Mb per email (including attachments)

Google Mail Policy - Gmail: Program policies

Google Mail SMTP restriction expiry method - the restriction is automatically removed within 24 hours after the limit was reached.

# MSN Hotmail Email Send Rate Limit & Restrictions

The following restrictions apply when sending emails from a Hotmail account:

Hotmail email send limit - no more than 100 recipients per day.

Hotmail other SMTP limits - outgoing messages sent via Hotmail can not exceed 10Mb per email (including attachments)

# Yahoo Mail - Email Send Rate Limits & Other Email Restrictions

The following restrictions apply when sending emails from a Yahoo Mail account:

Yahoo Mail email send limit - no more than 100 emails or recipients per hour

Yahoo Mail other SMTP limits - max 10Mb per message for the free Yahoo Mail Service, or 20Mb per message for Yahoo! Mail Plus

Yahoo! Anti-Spam Policy - Yahoo! - Universal Anti-Spam Policy

Yahoo Mail SMTP restriction expiry method - N/A

# Lycos Mail - Email Send Limits & Restrictions

The following restrictions apply when sending emails from a Lycos Mail account:

Lycos Mail email send limit - max 25 recipients per message and max 250 emails per day

Lycos Mail other SMTP limits - Lycos Mail does not have a limit to the attachment file size at this time.

Lycos Email Policy - Lycos Info - Lycos Mail Terms of Service

# AOL Email Send (Rate) Limits

AOL imposes a rate limit on an AOL member when a member exceeds the acceptable number of email messages sent in a given time period. The following restrictions apply when sending emails from an AOL connection:

AOL email send limit - no more than 100 recipients per message or 500 recipients per connection

AOL other SMTP limits - max 16mb per message

AOL email-outbound policy - http://postmaster-us.info.aol.com/ipt/

AOL SMTP restriction expiry method - N/A

Thanks Joy, that's great information!

I know they want to protect against spam but it is getting ridiculous that it takes 8-12 hours for me to send out my newsletter to 150 people! ARGH! Looks like I am stuck with AT&T Yahoo right now! Thanks for the info!

Yes, I was surprised to read that you can send 500 emails at once with Gmail. I would caution, though, that the receiving end can still "sense" (I think) that it's coming in mass, and can flag it as spam on the incoming side.

The reason I started looking at all this was because I was checking my web host's email send limits. Since I have it set up to automatically email everyone whenever I upload a new newsletter, I was worried that I would trigger a block by sending so many at once. I *think* my subscribers have been receiving my emails without a problem, though. Something to consider.... my host (1and1.com) has an email-only account for $1/month. Might be worth it to be able to send multiple emails at once without sending issues.

Interesting about Hotmail as I send up to 200 emails a day when I send out my newsletter. I have about 125 on my NL list plus any additional emails I send normally.

Thanks Joy!

I don't know how old this info is... given the email marketing that occurs these days, it's very possible all the policies have changed.

I wonder if it matters how you batch the emails... ie. individual emails vs. groups of 10/20/etc, and if it's "to" or "bcc"....

I always receive your emails in my inbox, not in spam. I don't even think you're in my contact list so it automatically comes to my inbox.

Joy, I have to tell you that I just sent out my first TT newsletter and have gotten wonderful comments back on how much customers love it...thank you again! I send thru gmail, have 600+/- on my list. I send half one day and half the next. No problems. I also have them broken down into groups of 25.

What I want to know is why I have such trouble sending multiple e-mails out, but I get a ton of spam each day!!! Just doesn't seem fair! LOL

I have been using my CS email thru Live.com/hotmail.com

I can only send 50 at a time and no more than 300 a day.

I have right arround 300 Deliverable customer email at any 1 given time. It takes me an hr or so to do my NL.

Oh and I Love my TTB NL!

I got sick of sending out email groups and signed up for iContact. LOVE IT!

PampChefJoy said:
The reason I started looking at all this was because I was checking my web host's email send limits. Since I have it set up to automatically email everyone whenever I upload a new newsletter, I was worried that I would trigger a block by sending so many at once. I *think* my subscribers have been receiving my emails without a problem, though. Something to consider.... my host (1and1.com) has an email-only account for $1/month. Might be worth it to be able to send multiple emails at once without sending issues.

Wait- you send a note when you upload a newsletter? I didn't get the one when the March newsletter was available at the end of Feb.

pkd09 said:
Joy, I have to tell you that I just sent out my first TT newsletter and have gotten wonderful comments back on how much customers love it...thank you again! I send thru gmail, have 600+/- on my list. I send half one day and half the next. No problems. I also have them broken down into groups of 25.

Oh my, light bulb moment.. (and small hijack) When you say you have them broken down into groups of 25, do you have those groups set up in your email address book as a group? That would be soooooo much quicker than copying and pasting everytime!

If the groups are saved in your address book, how do you add the new names to your mailing list? Maybe I use a complicated system when I send my NL. I export all my contacts from P3 to an excel spreadsheet, then sort by email address, copy 15 addresses and paste them into my Outlook email. Am I working too hard with this method?

AlowayFamily said:
Oh my, light bulb moment.. (and small hijack) When you say you have them broken down into groups of 25, do you have those groups set up in your email address book as a group? That would be soooooo much quicker than copying and pasting everytime!

If the groups are saved in your address book, how do you add the new names to your mailing list? Maybe I use a complicated system when I send my NL. I export all my contacts from P3 to an excel spreadsheet, then sort by email address, copy 15 addresses and paste them into my Outlook email. Am I working too hard with this method?

When I did it out of yahoo, I had groups: PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4... etc. When I added more names I always checked my last group to see how many names were in there. Then I just clicked to add their email address to a certain group when I was adding them.

chefann said:
Wait- you send a note when you upload a newsletter? I didn't get the one when the March newsletter was available at the end of Feb.

Me either. I thought of that the other day.

wadesgirl said:
When I did it out of yahoo, I had groups: PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4... etc. When I added more names I always checked my last group to see how many names were in there. Then I just clicked to add their email address to a certain group when I was adding them.

Ingenious! You have just knocked an hour of wasted time from my month!!!

Sorry about the notification - I guess it didn't go out. I have to manually turn it on. I originally had it set up to email everyone everytime I uploaded something new, but since I started doing multiple versions of each newsletter (there may be more of that in the future), I had my programmer make it a switchable thing so you don't get 5 emails all at once. I thought I checked yes to email the other day but maybe it didn't take... my computer locks up sometimes when I am uploading the main TT newsletter because the code is so long.I am soooo sorry! But you can rest assured it will always be there by the 5th, 15th and 25th unless I post a note otherwise on the main login dashboard. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to post messages and stuff now - so bear with me.

It's no big deal, Joy. I knew you had the March one up.

I use Gmail for my mailings and have not had a problem... although, if my list gets much bigger, I will be over my 500 email limit and will have to split it into groups....I was looking at maybe using constant contact since so many of you have commented on it.... we will see if that works....

AlowayFamily said:
Ingenious! You have just knocked an hour of wasted time from my month!!!

The only thing I didn't like about it was that it still took me 2 days to send out my newsletter.

Ish said:
I use Gmail for my mailings and have not had a problem... although, if my list gets much bigger, I will be over my 500 email limit and will have to split it into groups....

I was looking at maybe using constant contact since so many of you have commented on it.... we will see if that works....

I love using Constant Contact! (If you do decide to check it out, the referral link in my siggy will get you some time free when you upgrade to a paying subscription.)

Joy,
I got the email!

What are email account sending limits?

Email account sending limits refer to the maximum number of emails that can be sent from a specific email account within a certain time period. This limit is put in place to prevent spam and ensure the smooth functioning of the email server.

Why do email account sending limits exist?

Email account sending limits exist to prevent email servers from being overloaded with excessive amounts of emails, which can cause delays or crashes. They also help to prevent spam and protect the reputation of the email server.

What is the typical email account sending limit?

The typical email account sending limit varies depending on the email service provider. However, most providers have a daily limit of 500-2000 emails per day for regular accounts and higher limits for business or professional accounts.

How can I check my email account sending limit?

You can usually find your email account sending limit by logging into your email account and checking the account settings or by contacting your email service provider. Some providers also have tools or dashboards that display your current sending limit.

What happens if I exceed my email account sending limit?

If you exceed your email account sending limit, your emails may not be delivered or may be delayed. Your account may also be temporarily blocked from sending emails. To avoid this, make sure to monitor your sending limit and consider upgrading to a business or professional email account if you frequently hit the limit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • cathyskitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heat123
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies