• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Elegant Artichoke Cups: Tips for Perfectly Crispy Wonton Cups at Your Next Party

In summary, the wonton cups will be easier to make if oil is brushed on before baking. They will also be greasy if oil is brushed on and not baked.
kam
Staff member
I am making this for the first time at a show on Saturday.

The show is an hour away - but I will be getting there an hour ahead of time.

Should I make the wonton cups ahead of time? Do they get too hard if I let them sit too much in advance? Do I make them, put them in a container to transport them, then pop them back into the mini-muffin pan? Or will I have enough time to prepare them right before the guests arrive? What does everyone else do?

My other demo is the Brie, so there really isn't much for me to prep (yea!) so maybe I'll be able to make the cups at the host's house.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this recipe - things I should watch out for?

THANKS!:)

I havent made them but someone on my team did it for her show. They are easy enough you can do them when you get there. I dont think they would transport well at all. Too fragile...

I have made a TON of these. I love them. I usually make the cups up while I am setting up my display. They can be made ahead, but they break kinda of easily.

The cups aren't that time consuming. You brush, push into the pan and bake for 6 minutes which is plenty of time to make the filling (in fact I usually end up taking longer to demo the filling than to make the cups)... folks really like seeing how versatile those wonton cups are and how well the tart shaper works too. I've sold a few using this recipe. I wouldn't make the cups and transport them though... they are fragile. You also wouldn't want to make this recipe ahead and take them... they really are best fresh out of the oven and get a little soggy in the bottom if you let them sit too long...

Thanks! I think I will go ahead and make them while everyone is sitting there - and make the filling while they are in the oven.

I have a feeling most of the gals are new to PC and so more demo might be a good thing!

Thanks!

I am doing these for a show tomorrow.

Once I lightly brush oil on the wonton cups, does the oil side down or up into the mini-muffin pan?

Do they really need to be oiled? I just tested a few tonight (3 oil side up, 3 oil side down):
1. It was impossible to un-stick the tart shaper from the wonton if oil side was up
2. It was much easier to push the wonton into the cup and release the tart shaper if oil side was down
3. But now that I baked them, the ones that had oil side down are a little greasy to handle. Didn't really care for that

Is it really necessary to oil the wontons?

HELP!

Also, about a month ago I had watched a demo of these on CC and I cannot find it anywhere now! Does anyone know where I can locate the video demo???
Thanks!

Was it the Spring '07 new products DVD

JAE said:
Was it the Spring '07 new products DVD

I don't have that DVD. I am going through the Getting Started DVD now.

Edit: Yes it is on my Getting Started DVD - thanks for sending me in that direction! I completely forgot there were recipe demos on it!

Last edited:
kam said:
I am doing these for a show tomorrow.

Once I lightly brush oil on the wonton cups, does the oil side down or up into the mini-muffin pan?

Do they really need to be oiled? I just tested a few tonight (3 oil side up, 3 oil side down):
1. It was impossible to un-stick the tart shaper from the wonton if oil side was up
2. It was much easier to push the wonton into the cup and release the tart shaper if oil side was down
3. But now that I baked them, the ones that had oil side down are a little greasy to handle. Didn't really care for that

Is it really necessary to oil the wontons?

HELP!

Also, about a month ago I had watched a demo of these on CC and I cannot find it anywhere now! Does anyone know where I can locate the video demo???
Thanks!

Oil helps brown the wontons without burning... they do brown nicely with a golden glow, I think in part from the oil... they do stick to the tart shaper so I usually hold on to the wonton with my fingers and hold it down as I remove the shaper. The pan is non-stick so no need to have oil side down... I wondered the same about the oil but after making them a few times, the oil side up makes sense.

That's where the spritzer come in handy. I press them all in and then spray the whole pan

lkprescott said:
Oil helps brown the wontons without burning... they do brown nicely with a golden glow, I think in part from the oil... they do stick to the tart shaper so I usually hold on to the wonton with my fingers and hold it down as I remove the shaper. The pan is non-stick so no need to have oil side down... I wondered the same about the oil but after making them a few times, the oil side up makes sense.

Thanks! Couldn't respond earlier - but I am back from my show and that worked great! They were a hit.

Last night on my "test" wontons, I noticed the ones oil side up got nice and crispy - and the ones oil side down were chewy.

ShanaSmith said:
That's where the spritzer come in handy. I press them all in and then spray the whole pan
I can't wait to get my spritzer with my KE month. I think it will help with so many things.

By the way - I could not believe how many items these showed and how easy they were to make. Excellent recipe.

1. How do I prevent the wonton cups from getting soggy?

To prevent soggy wonton cups, make sure to bake them in a preheated oven at 375°F for about 8-10 minutes until they are golden and crispy. Also, avoid overcrowding the cups on the baking sheet and try to use a non-stick baking mat or spray the pan with cooking spray.

2. Can I make the wonton cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the wonton cups a day in advance and store them in an airtight container at room temperature. However, be sure to reheat them in the oven for a few minutes before serving to restore their crispiness.

3. How do I prevent the wonton cups from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the wonton cups from sticking to the pan, make sure to spray the pan with cooking spray or use a non-stick baking mat. You can also brush the wonton wrappers with a little bit of oil before filling them to create a barrier between the filling and the cup.

4. Can I use a different type of wrapper for the cups?

Yes, you can use phyllo dough or puff pastry instead of wonton wrappers to make the cups. However, the baking time and temperature may vary, so be sure to follow the instructions on the package or adjust accordingly.

5. What are some filling ideas for the elegant artichoke cups?

Some delicious filling options for the elegant artichoke cups include a mixture of cream cheese, chopped artichokes, and parmesan cheese, spinach and feta, or a combination of diced chicken, pesto, and mozzarella. You can also get creative and fill them with your favorite dip or salad, such as buffalo chicken dip or a Mediterranean quinoa salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
MaryannNic
  • linilinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane