• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shells for "Chocolate Mousse in Crispy Shells"

In summary, at the cluster meeting, the consultants discussed different ways to make decorative shells for mousse. They suggested using crepes with a snowflake design, wonton wrappers with a daisy/flower design, and even pie crust (although it was too thick). It's important to practice beforehand and use water and cinnamon/sugar for wonton shells. The consultants have had success with these methods at shows before.
scottcooks
Gold Member
We tried some different things at a cluster meeting - If you have some "fancy cooks" at a show, you can actually make a kind of snowflake on the crepe with your kitchen shears by cutting a few more random holes. It really adds dramatic flair, and is not hard to do. Experiment at home before trying it at a show. Stay away from the base of the shell - you need some substance there to hold the mousse.

Make your foil balls ahead, and bring them with you.

If you have a packed house and lots of guests, you can use Wonton Wrappers - cut them with the daisy/flower bread tube, for a similar effect, and pop them in your mini muffin pan. I understand this is a kind of thing some very successful consultants do for "mega shows" with multiple hosts and 1 big demo.

For wonton wrapper shells, be sure to brush or sprtiz the inside with a little water, and shake a little cinnamon/sugar on the shell.

At our cluster meeting, we even tried this with pie crust, but it was way too thick and heavy for the light mousse. Crepes or won ton shells work OK.
What have you found with the crusts?

Have you been able to make them thin enough to be a viable option?

I have actually tried the snowflake crepe method at a show before and it was a hit! It definitely adds a nice touch and isn't too difficult to do. I agree that it's important to practice at home first before trying it at a show. I've also used wonton wrappers for mini shells and they work great. I love the idea of using the daisy/flower bread tube for a pretty design. And adding cinnamon/sugar is a great tip for extra flavor. I haven't tried using pie crust, but I can see how it would be too heavy for the mousse. I'll have to stick with crepes and wonton wrappers for now. Have you tried any other types of crusts for the mousse?

1. How do I use the shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells?

To use the shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells, simply fill the pre-made shells with your desired chocolate mousse filling. You can also add toppings such as whipped cream or chocolate shavings for added flavor and decoration.

2. Are the shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells pre-made or do I have to bake them?

The shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells are pre-made and ready to use. You do not need to bake them before filling them with your desired chocolate mousse filling.

3. How many shells come in a package?

Each package of shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells contains 12 individual shells. This is enough to serve 12 people or to have leftovers for future use.

4. Can I use the shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells for any type of mousse?

Yes, you can use the shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells for any type of mousse that you prefer. These shells are versatile and can be filled with any flavor of mousse or even other desserts such as pudding or fruit fillings.

5. How long do the shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells stay fresh?

The shells for chocolate mousse in crispy shells have a shelf life of 6-8 weeks when stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, they should be consumed within 2 weeks for optimal freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • HJPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PCKristi
Replies