• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Valentines Dinner Recipes: Asparagus Risotto & Chocolate Mousse Pie

Today for lunch I brought a salad with the leftover chicken and I put the salsa on it rather than dressing.Enjoy! I know I am!
grgann
Hi folks!
So yesterday for Valentines I decided to make my sweetie dinner (I usually am not the cook in the house). Totally excited by the products that arrived Saturday AND the fact that this girl is a perpetual Weight Watcher, I chose two recipes from the new healthy cookbook.

I made the asparagus risotto and the chocolate mousse pie. Both recipes were a little complicated (expected with words like "risotto" and mousse") but both were fantastically delicious! A major winner!

The crust on the pie as a little thick (perhaps becuase I had the wrong size of cookie, don't know) but I love the crust the best, so no complaints!

For the risotto it talks about how important saffron is... so I went on a search for it. I found it a local foods market (the kind of place where things are just generally pricey) and paid $7 for about 1/2 teaspoon worth. Honestly I would be surprised if it made a big difference....

For the protein I grilled chicken and put the mango salso over it. Also very good and you don't get the calories from the chips!

Today for lunch I brought a salad with the leftover chicken and I put the salsa on it rather than dressing.

Enjoy! I know I am!

Oh man that all sounds soooo good! I can't wait to get my stuff in!!!! I can't wait to play with all the new products! hehe!
Have a great lunch! Sounds delicious!

I browsed through the healthy cookbook at Spring Launch and it looked like it has a lot of great recipes. I'm not sure why they'd pick an ingredient like saffron which is so pricey esp. when they emphasize "budget friendly". I'm looking forward to trying the new recipes when my things arrive too.

grgann said:
Hi folks!
So yesterday for Valentines I decided to make my sweetie dinner (I usually am not the cook in the house). Totally excited by the products that arrived Saturday AND the fact that this girl is a perpetual Weight Watcher, I chose two recipes from the new healthy cookbook.

I made the asparagus risotto and the chocolate mousse pie. Both recipes were a little complicated (expected with words like "risotto" and mousse") but both were fantastically delicious! A major winner!

The crust on the pie as a little thick (perhaps becuase I had the wrong size of cookie, don't know) but I love the crust the best, so no complaints!

For the risotto it talks about how important saffron is... so I went on a search for it. I found it a local foods market (the kind of place where things are just generally pricey) and paid $7 for about 1/2 teaspoon worth. Honestly I would be surprised if it made a big difference....

For the protein I grilled chicken and put the mango salso over it. Also very good and you don't get the calories from the chips!

Today for lunch I brought a salad with the leftover chicken and I put the salsa on it rather than dressing.

Enjoy! I know I am!

Saffron is literally the most expensive spice in the world. Each little strand is pulled from the stamen of one flower. It only takes a wee little bit to add a lot of flavor (and color) to a dish.

The chef's note on the side of the recipe suggests substituting turmeric for the saffron. It will give it the same color and a bit of the flavor without busting the budget. I don't think I've ever used saffron.

Becca_in_MD said:
The chef's note on the side of the recipe suggests substituting turmeric for the saffron. It will give it the same color and a bit of the flavor without busting the budget. I don't think I've ever used saffron.

That's a good idea. I bought a ginormous thing of Turmeric at an Indian Grocery store for like $1.50..much cheaper than the grocery store. It also stained my mix 'n scraper yellow, but it came out in the dishwasher even though I couldn't wash it out by hand.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Asparagus Risotto?

To make the Asparagus Risotto, you will need 1 pound of asparagus, 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 1/2 cups of Arborio rice, 1/2 cup of dry white wine, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of butter, and salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I use a different type of rice for the Asparagus Risotto?

While Arborio rice is traditionally used for risotto, you can also use other short-grain varieties such as Carnaroli or Vialone Nano. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time and liquid ratio accordingly.

3. How long does it take to make the Chocolate Mousse Pie?

The Chocolate Mousse Pie takes approximately 2 hours to make, including chilling time. However, the hands-on preparation time is only about 20 minutes.

4. Can I make the Chocolate Mousse Pie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Chocolate Mousse Pie up to 2 days in advance. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate it until ready to serve.

5. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the Chocolate Mousse Pie?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for the Chocolate Mousse Pie. Just keep in mind that using a darker chocolate will result in a richer and more intense flavor, while using a lighter chocolate will result in a milder flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JDooley
  • chefkugler
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies