• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Freezing Tips for the Perfect Slap Your Mama Margaritas

In summary, you can freeze the 7-Up, beer and tequila ahead of time. You can also pour them into the pitcher and freeze them.
loreo
I've never made t he "Slap Your Mama Margaritas" it says you can freeze the 7-Up, beer and tequilla ahead of time. Do you freeze them in their original containers (which doesn't make sense to me) or do you ppour them in the pitcher ahead of time and freeze them? :confused:

Thanks!

You dont want them to be frozen hard you want them to be slushy. So I would freeze in their own container's and then add to quick stir when you are ready to make.

I love this recipe- and do it often! I've never frozen the carbonated components... but I do freeze the tequila and put the other ingredients in the refrigerator before assembly. I would imagine freezing the beer and soda would get rid of all its fizz- which adds a lot to the recipe!

I agree with Shelly. The last time I did this for a show, I put the beer and rum in the freezer in the morning before leaving for work (the host supplied the 7-Up), and by the time I got home 10 hours later, they were perfect. Only one bottle of beer was too frozen to use right away (but, I had 4 with me, so it wasn't needed).

I froze the beer and tequila last time (the host provided the 7-Up and limeade), and they were both fine - even after being in the freezer for 10 hours. Only one beer (out of 4) was too frozen to use right away, but the fizz was definitely still there.

Here's another hint - if you have the Lemon Sprinkles, pour a little bit of beer into a plate, and use that instead of lime to wet the rim of the glasses, then dip in the Sprinkles. The guests loved it when I did this at my last Margarita show, and almost everyone bought the Sprinkles! (I think the lime makes it to citrus-y)

1. Can I freeze the 7-Up, beer, and tequila ahead of time for the "Slap Your Mama Margaritas"?

Yes, you can freeze the 7-Up, beer, and tequila ahead of time for the "Slap Your Mama Margaritas".

2. What is the purpose of freezing the ingredients for this margarita?

Freezing the ingredients ahead of time helps to create a slushy consistency for the margarita, making it even more refreshing and perfect for a hot day.

3. Do I need to freeze the ingredients in their original containers?

No, it is not necessary to freeze the ingredients in their original containers. You can pour them into a pitcher or freezer-safe container before freezing.

4. How long can I freeze the ingredients for?

The ingredients can be frozen for up to 1-2 months. However, for best results, it is recommended to use them within 2 weeks.

5. Can I use different types of beer for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of beer you prefer for this recipe. However, it is recommended to use a light beer for a more refreshing taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Jenni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies