• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adding Color to Slap Your Mama Margaritas: A Fun Idea for a Show!

In summary, to make Slap Your Mama Margaritas, you will need tequila, triple sec, lime juice, orange juice, and grenadine. You can use any type of tequila, but silver or reposado is recommended for the best flavor. To add color, pour grenadine into the bottom of each glass before adding the rest of the ingredients. You can make a non-alcoholic version by replacing the tequila and triple sec with orange juice and sparkling water. The drink can also be made in advance, but add the grenadine right before serving to maintain the colorful effect.
cochef
Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone has tried adding food coloring to Slap Your Mama Margaritas to make them pink? They come out an odd color so I don't know what a little red coloring would do. Any ideas? I am doing a show next week and we are making them and I thought it would fun to have pink margaritas.

I made pink margaritas using a little strawberry mix from the drink mixer section of the grocery store or you can buy it from a liquor store. At Wal-Mart, it is in the same isle as the wine. If you use too much, it will be sweet and very red....I just added it little by little (I am bad about not measuring) until I got the pink I wanted.

I've also read here on another thread that you can do 1 can frozen limeade and 1 can strawberry limeade.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Slap Your Mama Margaritas?

To make Slap Your Mama Margaritas, you will need tequila, triple sec, lime juice, orange juice, and grenadine. You will also need salt and lime wedges for rimming the glasses if desired.

2. Can I use different types of tequila for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of tequila that you prefer. However, we recommend using a high-quality silver or reposado tequila for the best flavor in your margaritas.

3. How do I add color to my Slap Your Mama Margaritas?

To add color to your margaritas, pour a small amount of grenadine into the bottom of each glass before adding the rest of the ingredients. The grenadine will sink to the bottom and create a vibrant red color at the bottom of the glass.

4. Can I make a non-alcoholic version of Slap Your Mama Margaritas?

Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic version by replacing the tequila and triple sec with equal parts of orange juice and sparkling water. You can also add a splash of lime juice for extra flavor.

5. Can I make Slap Your Mama Margaritas in advance?

Yes, you can mix all the ingredients together in a pitcher and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. However, we recommend adding the grenadine to each glass right before serving to maintain the colorful effect.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies