1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Slap Your Mama Margaritas - With what?

1. ChefJWarren

ChefJWarren Advanced Member Gold Member

I have a guest that definitely wants the margaritas. What to serve with it? I have some ideas,but want yours. Throw them out!

Aug 4, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I had it at a show with Mexican Chicken Lasagna, some homemade salsa/guacamole/chips and a pineapple-upside down cake. The host had to make a 2nd pitcher it went so fast.

Aug 4, 2009
  3. jross93

jross93 Member

I do the margaritas with the chicken fajitas and pass around salsa....it's been a hit every time!
    Jen

Aug 4, 2009
  4. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Beef Enchilada Casserole from 29 Min to Dinner V1 and the pass around Salsa.

Aug 5, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

In my opinion they go with everything! :sing: But that's just me. I've made them at shows with the DCB Fajitas and that is a huge hit. At my last show (that was over $1000) I made the Grilled Chicken Penne Pasta thing with the margaritas (we made 2 double batches) and everyone loved them. My husband and I like them with the Jerk Chicken Nachos. Any of our mexican type dishes and anything beyond that!

Aug 5, 2009
  6. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

I did the Chicken Fajitas last night in the DCB and there was a LOT of liquid in the bottom. Do you usually drain this before serving?

Aug 5, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

I don't, I just serve it with using the bamboo salad tongs and the juice stays and people just get the stuff they want. I guess you could drain it but since the DCB is so heavy, I'd be afraid of losing everything while trying to drain. Or you could just take it all out and serve it on the bamboo tray or SA platter and leave the juices behind...

Aug 5, 2009
  8. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

What about the slotted spoon from nylon tools? That's what I used when I made it at home.

Aug 5, 2009
  9. Jerk Chicken Nachos... yum!

Aug 5, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

I know! That's what we're having for dinner tonight! Mmmmm :p

Aug 5, 2009
  11. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

The first show I did the fajitas and margaritas was my first $1000+ show. My second show with the same recipe was only $687 BUT had 6 bookings! I'm now afraid to deviate from the menu but I do know it can be expensive for the host as I like to do the pineapple salsa with it and I never get it to be under $15. Great times though with the food and drink!

Aug 5, 2009
Have something to add?