• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Elegant Artichoke Cups Question

In summary, the speaker had made wonton cups for their family and noticed that they turned out really hard. They were wondering if they had done something wrong, and another speaker confirmed that they should be crunchy and offered a tip of using a kitchen spritzer to spray oil on the wonton cups for easier and more even coating. Another speaker also shared their experience with making wonton cups and how they found it easier to use a spritzer for oil.
MomToEli
I made these for my family last night (testing, you know). They tasted really good, but the wonton cups are really hard. Should they be this way? I put them in the muffin cups oil side down, or so the oiled side was the outside of the cups. Is that right? It took about 8 minutes for the edges to start to brown during the first cooking ...

Anyway, the hardness really took away from them, I think, so I'm wondering if I've done something wrong.

Yes they should be crunchy. I use my kitchen spritzer and spray them once they are in the pan, so the tops. I always bake them the first time when I first get to the party, because it goes so fast I don't want to forget about them. They only need to be light golden.

Hope that helps

Mine are always pretty hard too. You definitely have to keep an eye on them. I always bake them at my house b/c I have burnt them so many times! HAHA!

I think I out mine in oil side up - maybe that is what I am doing wrong to burn them so easy! HA!

ShanaSmith said:
Yes they should be crunchy. I use my kitchen spritzer and spray them once they are in the pan, so the tops. I always bake them the first time when I first get to the party, because it goes so fast I don't want to forget about them. They only need to be light golden.

Hope that helps

Shana, are you saying you spritz them w/oil rather than brush it on? Sound a whole lot easier!

Yes, I have been making these for a couple of years, they are my favorite. I press all the wrappers into the mini muffin pan and then I spray them with one of our yummy oils with my kitchen spritzer. Much easier!

1. How do I make the artichoke cups?

To make the artichoke cups, you will need frozen puff pastry, canned artichoke hearts, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Preheat your oven to 375°F and roll out the puff pastry. Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out circles. Press the puff pastry circles into a mini muffin tin. Mix together the chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Spoon the mixture into the puff pastry cups and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.

2. Can I use fresh artichokes instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh artichokes for this recipe. However, you will need to steam or boil the artichokes until they are tender before chopping them and mixing them with the other ingredients. This will add extra time to the preparation of the artichoke cups.

3. How do I prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy?

To prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy, make sure to fully drain the canned artichoke hearts and pat them dry with a paper towel before chopping them. Also, do not overfill the puff pastry cups with the artichoke mixture. Leaving a little space will help the pastry stay crisp.

4. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the artichoke cups ahead of time. After baking, let them cool completely and then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, reheat them in the oven at 375°F for 5-7 minutes until warmed through.

5. What can I serve with the artichoke cups?

The artichoke cups can be served as an appetizer or side dish. They pair well with a variety of dishes such as salads, roasted vegetables, or grilled meats. You can also serve them as part of a brunch spread with other savory dishes like quiches or frittatas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
MaryannNic
  • linilinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane