• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Using Wonton Wrappers in Mini Muffin Pan?

In summary, to prevent wonton wrappers from sticking to a mini muffin pan, lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or olive oil. To prevent tearing, use a non-stick pan or grease it beforehand and make sure the wrappers are fully cooked before removing them. Soggy wrappers can be avoided by cooking them until golden and crispy and avoiding overfilling them. Regular muffin pans can be used, but may require trimming and adjusting the baking time. Alternative methods include shaping the wrappers after baking in a regular muffin pan or using an upside down muffin tin to create a cup shape.
kdietrich
Has anyone had trouble using wonton wrappers in the mini muffin pan? I just made Asian-Style Wontons, and the wrappers came out of the oven all funny. They just didn't keep their shape in the cups, so some are flat, some are folded, and a few are okay. I didn't baste or spray them with oil, was that a crucial step?

At least the finished product tasted good, even if it wasn't picture perfect.

Yep! That was the problem! You have to brush them with the oil or butter like it says, because I've never had a problem with them keeping their shape and I use the butter or oil like it calls for! Next time try it, you'll see the difference!;) :) :balloon:

Thanks..I am making the Elegant Artichoke Cups tomorrow ( as a test..) before my show on Tuesday..So i'm glad I read this!

What is the best way to prevent wonton wrappers from sticking to the mini muffin pan?

To prevent wonton wrappers from sticking to the mini muffin pan, make sure to lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or olive oil before placing the wrappers in the pan. This will create a barrier between the wrappers and the pan, preventing them from sticking.

How can I prevent the wonton wrappers from tearing when trying to remove them from the mini muffin pan?

To prevent wonton wrappers from tearing, make sure to use a non-stick mini muffin pan or lightly grease the pan before placing the wrappers. Additionally, make sure the wrappers are fully cooked before removing them from the pan to prevent them from tearing.

Why do my wonton wrappers become soggy when using them in a mini muffin pan?

Wonton wrappers can become soggy if they are not fully cooked or if they are overfilled with filling. Make sure to cook the wrappers until they are golden and crispy and avoid overfilling them to prevent sogginess.

Can I use regular muffin pans instead of mini muffin pans for wonton wrappers?

Yes, you can use regular muffin pans instead of mini muffin pans for wonton wrappers. However, the wrappers may need to be trimmed to fit the larger size of the pan. Make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly as well.

Are there any alternative methods for using wonton wrappers in a mini muffin pan?

Yes, there are alternative methods for using wonton wrappers in a mini muffin pan. Some options include baking the wrappers in a regular muffin pan and shaping them into cups after they are cooked, or using a muffin tin upside down and draping the wrappers over the tins to create a cup shape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari'sKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cwinter474
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies