• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ebay Find: Brand New Pampered Chef Dots Towel Set - Purple and Green

In summary, the consultant caught the seller selling "new" items that were not actually new. The consultant emailed the seller and received a response indicating that the items would be available to the general public in March and that the seller had a few of the items. The consultant turned in the seller to the HO and included her auction number.
ha ha!I just had to laugh as I was reading through all of these posts about Ebayers! We had a thread quite awhile ago where an Ebayer came on and stirred the pot and then erased her posts:eek: !! But we took care of her then! For those of you who were on at the time I am sure you remember!:rolleyes:

I used to take my time trying to search out these "rule-breakers" as well. Then I realized it didn't matter how many I emailed to HO, there would always be more. And is it really worth my time to try to stop people from being rule breakers? I decided no...it still drives me crazy when I see it though!!:mad: :mad:

gilliandanielle said:
Our "mall" is getting knocked down to build the first Target in the state! Right now it has a Waldenbooks, Gottchalks, Claire's, Foot Locker, Zales, Christian Book Store and travel agency. No, I didn't leave any out!! We have a stand-alone Sears in my town and a Walmart, but no Pennys or Goodys!

OH MY LORD, I think I would DIE. No Target????? There are about 6 MALLS within a 20 mile RADIUS. It is Seriously ridiculous, but I love TARGET. South Florida is ridiculous for Malls. THEY ARE SIMPLY HUGE....with every store imaginable and watching people spend ridiculous amounts of money like its nothing...is crazy!!!!!

luvs2sellit said:
As soon as I saw this post earlier today I emailed the girl and nicely told her what she was doing was against the rules. Hate to burst your bubbles but that is when she withdrew her listing. She emailed me and thanked me for doing it in a nice way instead of the ugly emails that she had received and pulled the listing. I think everyone jumped to conclusions and was ready to hang this girl. Maybe she was doing it and knew the rules. Maybe not. In the beginning of my carreer I sold stuff as well. Nope, didn't read the rules that diligently like some of you have. When I did become aware I stopped. I don't know if this was the case with her or not but atleast I gave her the benefit of doubt.

I think the whole point of the matter is......They shouldn't be selling stuff that's not available yet! Stuff that only directors could get. That's what irks so many of us. That and the fact that it distracts from our business.......Not every customer cares about a Warranty......alot of time it's the bottom line.

Oh, I need to go to bed....

why oh why would someone pay $3.25 for a Citrus Peeler and then pay an additional 95 cents for shipping???

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-PaMpeRed-CHEF-CITRUS-PEELER-BRAND-NEW-1260_W0QQitemZ280074277691QQihZ018QQcategoryZ20651QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or $36 for a round stone and rack with no warranty?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-Pizza-Large-Round-Baking-Stone-Rack-NEW_W0QQitemZ270082881507QQihZ017QQcategoryZ25465QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Uggg!

We need e-bay education out there!!!

Last edited:
Can't PC just say no to all products on eBay? I doubt there are more people that just sell PC with their other junk than there are people breaking the rules!

gilliandanielle said:
Can't PC just say no to all products on eBay? I doubt there are more people that just sell PC with their other junk than there are people breaking the rules!
No, they can't. There is no legal basis for such a ruling.

None of us have time to be eBay police, and even though there is an urban myth that someone at HO monitors eBay, I don't think there really is.

IMHO, anyone who plays innocent when caught on eBay is lying. We all know the rules and I suspect every cluster talks about it in meetings. Most of us talk about why not to do it, but I have a suspicion there are clusters that talk about how to get around the rules.

PamperedChefDebi said:
It's VERY similar to a TJ Maxx.
I don't think Goody's is anything like TJ Maxx. It is more like Penneys but a little downscale from that. IMO

I'll be going to Goody's this weekend in Georgia! I had no idea what it was when I went to visit my mom and I love that store! I'm going to Georgia for 4 days (I'm leaving tomorrow) and I will be visting Goody's. We don't have one around here!!!

jwpamp said:
why oh why would someone pay $3.25 for a Citrus Peeler and then pay an additional 95 cents for shipping???
You never know about people. I had someone go to my website and purchase a citrus peeler. She paid $6 for shipping for a 75 cent item. :eek: (Didn't give her contact information either.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
IMHO, anyone who plays innocent when caught on eBay is lying. We all know the rules and I suspect every cluster talks about it in meetings. Most of us talk about why not to do it, but I have a suspicion there are clusters that talk about how to get around the rules.

I choose to believe that someone who just started may do this without knowing the rules. I can't really remember anyone bringing this up at a cluster meeting. However, anyone who reaches the Director level should definitely be familiar with the basic rules, and this is absolutely basic. How can you guide your consultants if you don't know the rules?

raebates said:
I choose to believe that someone who just started may do this without knowing the rules. I can't really remember anyone bringing this up at a cluster meeting. However, anyone who reaches the Director level should definitely be familiar with the basic rules, and this is absolutely basic. How can you guide your consultants if you don't know the rules?

Exactly, and...if you a director, obviously don't start selling items that aren't available until Mar 1... I understand they may have doubles, and could probably get a lot of money out of the auction....but c'mon!

When it comes to TPC on eBay, I'm a skeptic first, shoot second and ask questions later.

Yeah, I can't say I'd go searching Ebay in order to catch people, but I'd definitely turn in anyone I stumbled upon. Of course, that's not particularly likely since I've only been on Ebay twice. Not one of my vices. Got lots of others, though.

I go up there once and awhile looking for cars and car parts. Since I've snooped for TPC product in the past, it links me to current auctions.I try to not look - I'm on enough blood pressure meds as it is.

All this talk made me look!
I searched PC and found someone selling "all the items in the paperwork kit for FALL/WINTER '06"!
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAMPERED-CHEF-LOT-Consultant-CDs-Catalogs-Forms-more_W0QQitemZ190076153109QQihZ009QQcategoryZ20651QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I thought something like Pampered Partner was proprietary and shouldn't be passed around to just anyone.
She has 5 bids already and it closes tonight.

cat said:
Do some of these people even KNOW that they aren't supposed to sell items on ebay?

I have a deep dark secret myself....
Um... Its condition #1 of the agreement. They would have to be illiterate to not know.

Maybe bad skimming skills?

How many people do you know who actually READ the agreement?

I did, but, then again, I'm not exactly normal.

Me, too. (for reading it and being not-quite normal)

I think they kind of consultants that are still around are the kind that read the agreement! Why would you sign something (or agree online) that you didn't even read??

I didn't read the agreement, because my Director filled it out for me while I was on the phone with her. However it is in Recipe for Success, and I think that if you are going to do something like this you need to read the rules! It's like going to a new job... if they hand you an employee handbook you better read it, to find out what you can get away with and not. :)

Of course, sometimes, you do things right and get in trouble anyway. :p

chefann said:
How many people do you know who actually READ the agreement?
I read the agreement because I thought PC was too good to be true... Seriously!

And, if I sign someone over the phone, I read it to them, just because I don't want them to be surprised later.

chefann said:
Me, too. (for reading it and being not-quite normal)
Not necessarily in that order.

AJPratt said:
Um... Its condition #1 of the agreement. They would have to be illiterate to not know.

Calling me illiterate? HMMM???

AJPratt said:
I read the agreement because I thought PC was too good to be true... Seriously!

And, if I sign someone over the phone, I read it to them, just because I don't want them to be surprised later.

Like Bristishchef, I signed up over the phone with my director. I did get a copy of the agreement later, but I seriously don't remember reading anything about selling on ebay.

I don't even know if my director knew about it, because I had mentioned to her I saw some people selling their bracelet charms they earned (in 2005) on ebay (for $50!!) and she was surprised, but didn't tell me consultants aren't supposed to sell products on ebay.

In any case, as soon as I found out we weren't supposed to do it (maybe from CS? Or maybe I went back and read my RFS? I can't remember), I stopped doing it.

I had talked to a Stampin Up demonstrator and she said that they are allowed to sell items on ebay, but ONLY the discontinued stamp sets. So some DS companies do allow it...

cat said:
Calling me illiterate? HMMM???
NEVER! Just those who continue to do it, pretending its OK!

You're from Jersey, you've gotta be pretty darn smart!

AJPratt said:
NEVER! Just those who continue to do it, pretending its OK!

You're from Jersey, you've gotta be pretty darn smart!

Oh good, I was just about to challenge you to a duel! ;)

Now that you mention Jersey, have you ever taken this test?

http://www.gotoquiz.com/how_new_jersey_are_you

Maybe I should start a new thread...

Speaking of Jersey.....I had always thought of New Jersey as just an extension of NYC (don't know why) and then I had to be there for business a few years back....and was delighted with how beautiful the countryside was, and drove thru several quaint small towns...I thoroughly enjoyed my visit! (all except for Newark Airport.....that's a whole different story!)

AJPratt said:

SHHHHH......"legally" only the person that is becoming a recruit is allowed to submit the agreement. They made a BIG deal about that at conference when we were told that people could sign up online.

Hypothetically ;), if someone were to sign another consultant up online because they didn't have the internet I would also read the whole thing to them. And then I would give them a hard copy of the agreement. Of course, that is hypothetical...IF I did it, I wouldn't tell anyone :)

Oh man, this thread cracked me up.

GeorgiaPeach said:
SHHHHH......"legally" only the person that is becoming a recruit is allowed to submit the agreement. They made a BIG deal about that at conference when we were told that people could sign up online.

Hypothetically ;), if someone were to sign another consultant up online because they didn't have the internet I would also read the whole thing to them. And then I would give them a hard copy of the agreement. Of course, that is hypothetical...IF I did it, I wouldn't tell anyone :)
LOL That's why I said "if", too!

How do you know that she knows she is breaking the rules. What if this is an innocent mistake? Oh I would turn her in and I would tell her I was the one to turn her in. I might also advise her to review the policy.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Hey, she's in Grove City, OH. I know some of you Ohio Cheffers are near there! Maybe we could track her down! LOL!

What's her name. I live 5 min from Grove City. Grew up there!!

GeorgiaPeach said:

I have new recruits fill out the written version (unless they want to go online and do it themselves) and then ASK their permission to put it online. They always agree because it processes faster. I do tell then that technically they are supposed to do it but I consider the signed agreement permission for me to submit for them if they agree. What difference would it make if I sent the agreement via snail mail or entered what she/he wrote down as long as they are okay with it? They do keep the hard copy and are emailed the web copy so all bases are covered.

Me tooI do exactly as Beth does. They have signed the Consultant Kit Order Form, which has all the legal mumbo jumbo on it. I always ask their permission to submit it via the internet and have never had a problem with it! :D

turning her in....
gilliandanielle said:
I already turned this woman in! I sent everything to HO yesterday. Poor girl is gonna think that she is getting a ton of online orders when really we were all turning her in!

Her website lists her as a consultant, so I am sure that she earned sellathon or bought samples and doesn't want her towels or is getting some more on a supply order. You can turn her in if you want but HO already has her info...

JUST THINK IF WE ALL TURNED HER IN!!!

LIZ

Check this one out - this morning. She has all the new Spring products up for auction.
http://stores.ebay.com/CreativeScrapbooks-com-Auctions
So either she earned them in the sell-a-thon or its a Director with doubles.
I've emailed PC already but you can do the same.....unreal!

Cindycooks said:
Check this one out - this morning. She has all the new Spring products up for auction.

Ugh. I saw her last week with a bunch of new things listed...

Cindycooks said:
As of right now (1:00 Monday afternoon ET), she has no PC items. Probably got a slap on the wrist and removed them.

chefann said:
As of right now (1:00 Monday afternoon ET), she has no PC items. Probably got a slap on the wrist and removed them.

LOL - her ebay store is shut down.
I am loving that link that Anne has in her sig line that explains the PC/Ebay rule and tells yo uhow to report people!

Last edited:
YEA! Mark down one for the good guys! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-060.gif

Tee hee!! LOVE the smily!!

Ya know I have a few people I want to do that to!

What, you don't carry a wooden mallet with you?

Having my say!!Before I signed up I purchased many Pc items from Ebay, I didn't know anybody who sold PC. When I received some of the products I loved them so much that I looked into selling PC (mostly for discount). PC gave my contact information to a director who lives 7-8 hours away from me. I signed with her over the phone and never "read" the agreement before I signed. I did read everything that was sent with my start up and discover that this wasn't allowed. But if I hadn't read it I wouldn't have known and there is no way that my "director" would have told me I haven't spoken to her since the night that I signed almost 2 years ago.

So I agree that if you know then shame on you!! But if you see somebody doing it, let them know it's wrong. If they don't stop then let HO know. There are tons of stuff that is sold on ebay like Partylite have you guys seen all the Partylite?? Are you allowed to sell Partylite on Ebay??

Just my two pennies:)

Last edited:
rennea said:
Before I signed up I purchased many Pc items from Ebay, I didn't know anybody who sold PC. When I received some of the products I loved them so much that I looked into selling PC (mostly for discount). PC gave my contact information to a director who lives 7-8 hours away from me. I signed with her over the phone and never "read" the agreement before I signed. I did read everything that was sent with my start up and discover that this wasn't allowed. But if I hadn't read it I wouldn't have known and there is no way that my "director" would have told me I haven't spoken to her since the night that I signed almost 2 years ago.

So I agree that if you know then shame on you!! But if you see somebody doing it, let them know it's wrong. If they don't stop then let HO know. There are tons of stuff that is sold on ebay like Partylite have you guys seen all the Partylite?? Are you allowed to sell Partylite on Ebay??

Just my two pennies:)

But it's your responsibility and legal obligation to READ everything on a contract before you sign it. You can't blame the director for that - YOU signed the contract - YOU should have read the fine print. I don't mean to sound harsh but these people selling on Ebay are only hurting US and I work DAMN hard at this job and resent like hell that people weasel around on Ebay.

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
But it's your responsibility and legal obligation to READ everything on a contract before you sign it. You can't blame the director for that - YOU signed the contract - YOU should have read the fine print. I don't mean to sound harsh but these people selling on Ebay are only hurting US and I work DAMN hard at this job and resent like hell that people weasel around on Ebay.

You can be as harsh as you want, I never signed anything!! She talked to me over the phone and put it through on line. Please re-read what I said!! I'm not saying it's OK, and no I'm not weaseling around anything!! Thanks though

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views