• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ebay Find: Brand New Pampered Chef Dots Towel Set - Purple and Green

In summary, the consultant caught the seller selling "new" items that were not actually new. The consultant emailed the seller and received a response indicating that the items would be available to the general public in March and that the seller had a few of the items. The consultant turned in the seller to the HO and included her auction number.
okay, I sent the email with lots of questions about it....we'll see if they respond....

cat said:
Haha...Jennifer, I was being a little coy.

Actually, I DID (past tense!) sell a couple things BEFORE I found out we weren't allowed to as consultants. So I stopped when I found out. Mostly small items that were extras...:eek: Oops

Phew! I was going to have to label you a traitor! :)

It looks like she closed bidding on the item, with 0 bids listed. It hasn't been removed though.

He-he - on the hunt with one of my work IDs...I have to report listings on E-bay many times because people sell our work products using our image/text which is against E-bay VERO rules.

Here's what I sent...we'll see what answer I get...

"Awesome - didn't know Pampered Chef ever made a Trifle Bowl...do you have just one? If you have more than one can you combine S/H or do they have to ship individually? Thanks in advance for your help!"

Wow - someone put the breast cancer items out there too...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=pampered+chef+dots

Ending listing = CAUGHT! Good work guys!

janetupnorth said:
Wow - someone put the breast cancer items out there too...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=pampered+chef+dots

Those are last year's...

Please do contact career solutions - I turned in another girl that we were talking about on another loop a while back - I actally emailed Jan Capinegro and she emailed me back and said she would forward it to the proper department - I think career solutions is the right place - that is breaking a rule that is in our contract when we become a consultant - she should be fired. Those items should not be even available for the public to see til the catalog comes out. Shame on her!

pamperedlinda said:
okay, I sent the email with lots of questions about it....we'll see if they respond....
Woo Hoo....Another one bites the dust!! This was their response: I'm sorry I had to take the bowl off auction, I found a chip on the bottom that I didn't see before. ......:rolleyes: yeah sure it was! Gillian, what have you done to us!

You get them Linda! And really it was Jennifer Knapp that originally posted the dots towels...

I just pointed my preggo hormones in the right direction!

Wow, I didn't get a response to my question yet from that person... :(

haha, thats ok, I don't need the credit, I didn't do anything other than get the cheffer feather's ruffled :)

"I'm sorry I had to take the bowl off auction, I found a chip on the bottom that I didn't see before."

She did respond - just didn't come into my e-mail...

Sounds like she knew she was caught!!

jenniferknapp said:
haha, thats ok, I don't need the credit, I didn't do anything other than get the cheffer feather's ruffled :)
You got us on a roll! (Like I have nothing better that I should be doing!) Okay, I want a Crime Stopper's Star now..... Wouldn't that be fun....

Wow, I feel like I've been gone for a year!! LOL

It always seems to happen when we get our new products and then we see it on Ebay before it goes public!!!

Good work guys!!:D

pamperedlinda said:
You got us on a roll! (Like I have nothing better that I should be doing!) Okay, I want a Crime Stopper's Star now..... Wouldn't that be fun....

Private Eye Smile...Just for you...:D

Or maybe just a cop...:p

When they really get out of hand, we'll just send in the mob...

LOL....I love the name of the thread....I caught one!! ....hahaha, we are good ;)

jenniferknapp said:
LOL....I love the name of the thread....I caught one!! ....hahaha, we are good ;)
I love a challenge!

OMG! There are like 143 items on there for sell.......

Now lets see....If we divide that by....... :p

OOOO YEAH PC CRIME STOPPERS!!! YEAH YEAH!! WE RULE!! Saving the company money man.

For Jilley...SMOOCH!!

Here's ya another one ladies and gents! :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-7-piece-set-of-Executive-Cookware_W0QQitemZ320077495159QQihZ011QQcategoryZ46277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You guys are too funny!!

I wonder if we report those to ebay....the warantee is NOT valid..and this person keeps posting on all of their stuff that it is...falty advertising!

It could potentially be on the up and up WARRANTY-WISE if she is adding it onto a show under the winning bidder's name.

gilliandanielle said:
It could potentially be on the up and up WARRANTY-WISE if she is adding it onto a show under the winning bidder's name.

oooooh thats pretty clever!!!!!!!!

It's a never ending cycleThere are hundreds of PC items being sold. A consultant can even get a friend or family member to sell it for them. As long as it is not under their email, address or home phone I think they can get away with it.
I wish eBay would step in and help with this but I guess they have millions of sellers and can't step in to check everyone out.
I will keep my eye on them and let you know if I find anyone. It's pretty supsicous when they know what is going to be discontinued.

Happy hunting.

Debbie :D

Debbie - you have a point... It isn't against anyone's rules for "Jane Doe" who attended a PC show 2 years ago and bought something she isn't using to sell it on E-bay with her used kids clothes, just as she would at a rummage sale. If they are falsely claiming a warranty, it should be corrected, and like someone said, all the people sneaking stuff to a family member or friend is just bad ethics on their part. It's hard for any group to police PC items much less all the other actually illegal stuff that gets up on E-bay.

That link in post #76 - isn't that a PC picture? Now if so, PC could if they had a VERO account, report that listing as violating use of imagery.

Oh Gillian....seems like you know TOO MUCH on how to get around the rules...Maybe YOU are an ebayer incognito and just trying to throw us off your track! LOL

BTW I am sorry you got bashed on another thread for not an accusatory statement but more of an inquisitive one. (At least that's how it came across to me). Valky

I think I am going to go on some PC Rouge Consultant hunting! ;)

I think it is a really hard call. I have to admit that I have sold a few things on Ebay, because I really did not know the rules. My director never told me and I am really bad at reading the fine print. Once I learned that you cannot sell things this way, I stopped doing it. Perhaps it would be better just to "spread the word" about the rules and let her know about the appropriate places to sell stuff. I think we all need to work together and not point fingers and get people in trouble unnecessarily.

yummy4tummy said:
Oh Gillian....seems like you know TOO MUCH on how to get around the rules...Maybe YOU are an ebayer incognito and just trying to throw us off your track! LOL

BTW I am sorry you got bashed on another thread for not an accusatory statement but more of an inquisitive one. (At least that's how it came across to me). Valky
You caught me Valky, LMAO!! I wish I was smart enough to figure that stuff out!! I have sold baby clothes and DVD's, but never any PC stuff...like I would let anything go, LOL!

Thank you for the support! Anyone who has read the thread will see the it was said more jokingly than anything, definetly not accusing anyone of anything. I did say it and need to accept the consequences, but I do think the whole thing was blown out of proportion...

I think I am missing something? What thread are all you talking about??

gilliandanielle said:
.....Thank you for the support! Anyone who has read the thread will see the it was said more jokingly than anything, definetly not accusing anyone of anything. I did say it and need to accept the consequences, but I do think the whole thing was blown out of proportion...
We still love you Gillian;) . Stuff happens and well, we just have to move on. You already made your retraction and apology....bless and release as the saying goes.

The original eBay thread... I made a joke about a fellow poster selling new products on eBay and chaos insued...

hoosierchef said:
Here's ya another one ladies and gents! :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-7-piece-set-of-Executive-Cookware_W0QQitemZ320077495159QQihZ011QQcategoryZ46277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey, she's in Grove City, OH. I know some of you Ohio Cheffers are near there! Maybe we could track her down! LOL!

I did say it and need to accept the consequences, but I do think the whole thing was blown out of proportion...

None the less, the post was more than harsh. A person can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Valky

As soon as I saw this post earlier today I emailed the girl and nicely told her what she was doing was against the rules. Hate to burst your bubbles but that is when she withdrew her listing. She emailed me and thanked me for doing it in a nice way instead of the ugly emails that she had received and pulled the listing. I think everyone jumped to conclusions and was ready to hang this girl. Maybe she was doing it and knew the rules. Maybe not. In the beginning of my carreer I sold stuff as well. Nope, didn't read the rules that diligently like some of you have. When I did become aware I stopped. I don't know if this was the case with her or not but atleast I gave her the benefit of doubt.

Well that ms tiff chick is only about 45 minutes to an hour away from me, that just really irks me! Like I don't have a hard enough time just getting shows booked, she's gonna be selling online!

Do you know her? Her website had her phone number if that tells you anything about where exactly she is... I know the eBay thing isn't always where they really live.

Well when I looked on the website you all posted I noticed the area code and knew it was Oklahoma, then I looked at the ebay listing and it said the town, so I knew where that little town it too. Don't know anyone there, and don't really know anything about the town, it's just one of the towns we whiz through going to the teeny non-mall, and we don't go there too much any more so I really wouldn't know the person. But there are a couple of higher level PC people really close to her so I would assume that she would probably be in one of their lines.

We have a teeny non-mall too! It is in my town though at least!

Well now days it has a sears, jcpenney's, and got a new goody's I think that's what it was, a hallmark, and a couple other national mall brand shops, but other than that there is one 'store' that has baseball card collector shop, another that is crafts, and stuff like that, it is going downhill.

Our "mall" is getting knocked down to build the first Target in the state! Right now it has a Waldenbooks, Gottchalks, Claire's, Foot Locker, Zales, Christian Book Store and travel agency. No, I didn't leave any out!! We have a stand-alone Sears in my town and a Walmart, but no Pennys or Goodys!

jdavis said:
Well now days it has a sears, jcpenney's, and got a new goody's I think that's what it was, a hallmark, and a couple other national mall brand shops, but other than that there is one 'store' that has baseball card collector shop, another that is crafts, and stuff like that, it is going downhill.

My mall is right behind yours! And the worst part is that we have 2 colleges:eek: The students go crazy...its about an hour drive to the closest real mall!

What's Goody's?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies