• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Microwave Cake Recipe: Find the Complete Recipe Here!

In summary, the two recipes I know of are the ones with the boxed cake mix and pie filling, and the one with the boxed cake mix and ingredients to make cake according to the box directions.
ChefSharain
I have been reading many comments about the microwave cake. Where on earth can I find the complete recipe? I have done so many searches my keyboard is getting tired! Thanks to any info you may be able to offer

I don't think there has ever been an official recipe from the test kitchens~it has been spread by consultants on how to do the cakes! I do remember a Carrot Cake recipe from one of our cookbooks, but there are so many variations it isn't even funny!

Here are the two I know off the top of my head:

1~any type of boxed cake mix + 3 eggs + 1 can of pie filling.....mix, microwave for 12-13 minutes

2~any type of boxed cake mix + ingredients to make cake according to box directions + 1 can of icing....mix cake according to directions, put in pan, add plops of icing on top (takes about 7), microwave for 12-13 minutes

The 2nd recipe is the one my director gave to me also...however, MY problem is that it comes out lopsided! EVERY time...microwave is level (I know that's the next question! lol) I would love to make it at a show since it is so easy but hey, it's been pretty ugly so far...

You can also make a cake with a can of diet coke or diet 7 up in lieu of oil and eggs. Comes out the same. Very moist and low cal.

Wasn't a cake recipe included with the Rice Cookers care and instructions card????

I like using the 3-2-1 cake recipe. 3 egg, 2 cups sour cream, 1 box cake mix. Combine ingredients, coat fluted stoneware pan with oil, cook in microwave for 12 minutes. After it cools, I take about 1/2 can of frosting in a microwave safe mug, heat for about 15 sec (add 5 seconds more at a time if needed) until you get the right consistency to drizzle on you cake. Be sure to let the cake cool before frosting, or your icing will "melt" off your cake and onto your platter. Easy as pie, so to speak.

jenniferm said:
Wasn't a cake recipe included with the Rice Cookers care and instructions card????

I believe I only received a recipe for cooking rice...

there was a Hazelnut cake on the card for the Rice Cooker-it was a pretty decent cake.

I have a pumkin spice cake recipe for the fluted pan, I can dig it up if anyone wants it. Be sure to check out below, the similar threads, lots of recipes there. There was a thread on here just the other day someone posted several recipes, will see if I can locate and link here.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/rice-cooker-cake-recipe-40434/

found it, several recipes there.

Thank you to all!!!!

Here's my file for the stoneware fluted pan. I didn't create it and don't know who the creator was or if it's the work of many. Sorry it does have duplications in it; I've just been too lazy to go through it and clean it up. Many, many micro cakes in there among other things :)

Attachments

• Stoneware Fluted Pan Recipe Collection.doc
    120.5 KB · Views: 378
Thanks to all of you that have given me so many cakes to make...my rear is growing as I read! Jodi, that collection is awesome! Thanks!!!

Anyone have handy the 'formula' for the inividual microwave cakes you can make in the SA bowls/cups?

Combine 1 (18.25 oz) cake mix with 1 (3 oz) instant pudding mix. Portion into 1/2 cup servings.Combine 1 serving mix with 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 egg (small, if available (large tastes too eggy for me)). Mix well in Coffee and More cup. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until cake is cooked through.For extra richness, place 1 Small Scoop of prepared frosting on top of batter before cooking. It will sink through the cake and form a puddle of melted frosting on the bottom.Eat from the cup (mmm.... put ice cream on top) or turn out onto a SA small square.

chefmeg said:
I don't think there has ever been an official recipe from the test kitchens~it has been spread by consultants on how to do the cakes! I do remember a Carrot Cake recipe from one of our cookbooks, but there are so many variations it isn't even funny!

Here are the two I know off the top of my head:

1~any type of boxed cake mix + 3 eggs + 1 can of pie filling.....mix, microwave for 12-13 minutes

2~any type of boxed cake mix + ingredients to make cake according to box directions + 1 can of icing....mix cake according to directions, put in pan, add plops of icing on top (takes about 7), microwave for 12-13 minutes

There is one in the current Season's Best... Its chocolate and strawberry something.

Ann, Can this be done in the SA Small bowls as well?

I also love the mini lemon microwave cakes that are in the prep bowls!

the lemon cake is a microwave cake and it's so delicious!!!!

legacypc46 said:
Ann, Can this be done in the SA Small bowls as well?

Yes, it can. Don't try to use a smaller bowl/mug, unless you split the batter into 2, though. It gets pretty close to the edge of the cup while it's cooking.

I did this at a recent show because the host wanted something WW friendly. Everyone loved it.:love:
Box of Lemon Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker cake mix
can of diet 7-Up
Mix in Rice Cooker Plus and microwave for 8 min.
Mixed up a box of fat free/sugar free lemon pudding
We didn't let the cake rest too long.
Sliced a piece of cake, put a dollup of pudding on it and grated some lemon zest on top.
2 points for 1/16 or cake
yum!!!

The one I have used for 8 years is this: 1 box of cake mix (show scissors to open box, show batter bowl to mix this in, talk about stoneware in the fluted stone), one egg, (show the egg separator, even though you don't need to separate the egg, show it on the side of the batter bowl--everyone oohs and aaahs because they hate to get egg white on their hands), 2 T. Oil (measuring spoons), and 1 pint of sour cream (show the scrapers to get it all out). Everyone is surprised by the sour cream but it acts as the binder and the cake comes out really moist every time. Spritz the inside of the fluted pan, talk about the spritzer and it's many uses. Blend the cake mix--use the whisk if you like, I personally like the mega scraper or large scraper. Talk about scrapers. Place the mixed cake into the fluted pan, distribute it evenly but don't be anal about it. Talk about how stoneware cooks evenly even if it's not distributed perfectly. Microwave on high for 14 minutes. If the microwave doesn't have a turntable, turn it half way through. When it is done, bring it out and cover it with a dinner plate or the SA round platter. Let it set for about 5-10 min. while you finish up whatever you are doing. Remove the plate, and gently use the skinny scraper to separate the cake from the side of the pan (it wil have already started to). and then go around the middle and separate it from the spindle. Microwave cakes always cook from the outside in, so the cake will be stuck to the spindle, but should be easy to separate. Wipe the SA platter down because it will have collected condensation from being on top of the cake. Show the Microfiber towel. Place SA platter over top of the cake and flip over. Let it set about 1 minute., It should release perfectly. If it doesn't flip it back over and use the scraper to release it a little more. The cake will be perfect on the platter and sometimes steaming--people love that.

To decorate the cake, either sprinkle it with powdered sugar and fill the center well with fruit (I like lemon cake with blueberries in the middle, strawberry cake with strawberry in the middle, or chocolate cake with cherry pie filling in the middle). If you want to frost it, you can do one of two things: before you put it in the microwave drop large spoonfuls of frosting into the cake batter, it will sink to the bottom and "frost itself" when you take it out of the pan. I have had limited luck with this==sometimes it's messy and doesn't do as well. What I prefer is melting the can of frosting in the micro cooker (shows the mc and you can talk about it) for about 1 minute, and the pouring it over the top of the cake, it comes out so gooey and wonderful.

I've done this recipe for 8 years, people love it, especially in the summer time when they don't want to heat up the kitchen. I've sold probably about 300 fluted pans with this recipe. It's fun, and even kids can do it.

HTH

thank you nancy...I love this demo! (Of course I need to test it first...maybe a couple times just to make sure I have it down. ;))

Just did the Molten Lava Cake (any box cake with ingredients right on the box and frosting dropped on top in the rice cooker) in the micro last night at a show and the thing exploded on me!! I have done this at several shows and never had this happen! Afterwards, the host tells me her microwave runs hot (information I could have used before putting the cake in!) So now I will always ask the host about microwave first. You also need to make sure that it has a turntable, if not you will need to rotate the cake every few minutes.

Rice Cooker Lava Cake

I learned this a while back and have made it quite a few times: 1 cake mix with ingredients - mix in rice cooker. Take a tub of icing - plop about half the tub into the middle of the mix, cover with lids and microwave for about 9 minutes (depending on microwave). Invert onto a large plate or pie plate and serve! It's a quick and easy lava cake. Mix and match cake and icing flavors - the choices are endless! :)

PS: If you make chocolate cake with chocolate icing, it is AMAZING. The more icing you use, the less attractive it is (but the better it tastes!).

Anyone use fruit in addition to the soda in their microwave cake?

I'm a new consultant but have had these Fluted Stone recipes from a friend and former consultant.

Attachments

• Zap-a-Cake.doc
    56 KB · Views: 376
Can you do any of the cake recipes in the DCB?

What ingredients do I need for this easy microwave cake recipe?

You will need all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.

Do I need any special equipment to make this microwave cake?

No, you can make this cake using a microwave-safe mug or small baking dish.

How long does it take to cook the microwave cake?

The cooking time will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, but it usually takes around 1-2 minutes.

Can I make this cake in advance?

While this microwave cake is best enjoyed fresh, you can make the batter in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before cooking.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe?

You can try using alternative flours or sweeteners, but it may affect the texture and taste of the cake. It is best to stick to the recommended ingredients for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chanddl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • ChefJoyJ