• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Beer Cake Recipe for Microwave: Get the Step-by-Step Guide!

In summary, beer can be used in a cake recipe, but the type of beer will affect the flavor and texture of the cake. When using beer, you will need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe and consider using room temperature ingredients. Lighter beers can result in a milder flavor and more delicate texture, while darker beers can result in a stronger flavor and denser texture. Non-alcoholic beer can also be used, but may result in a slightly different taste and texture. When baking with beer, it is important to mix the batter gently and pair the type of beer with the flavors in the cake for best results.
chanddl
Gold Member
Help - was asked for the recipe to make cake with Beer. It is cooked in the microwave. Where can I find?

I recently picked up a booklet at the grocery checkout entitled, "Cooking with Beer." The only cake I see is called, "Ginger Stout Cake." This one is made in the oven but of course it could be adapted for the microwave.
Ingredients are: FLOUR 2 c / GINGER 2 tsp / BAKING POWDER 1+1/2 Tsp / BAKING SODA 1+1/2 tsp / CINNAMON 3/4 tsp / SALT 1/2 tsp / GROUND CLOVES 1/4 tsp / BUTTER 1/2 cup / FRESH GINGER 1 Tbsp grated / GRANULATED SUGAR 1 cup / LIGHT BROWN SUGAR 1/2 cup packed / EGGS 3 / IRISH STOUT 1 bottle / MOLASSES 1/2 cup.
If you (or anyone else) is interested iI can write out the directions (pretty standard cake method).
This would show off the Microplane Grater for the ginger and I'm sure the DCB could handle the cooking. Let me know - this is an intriguing challenge!

It's an interesting cookbooklet and I wouldn't mind trying the cake, but I put my foot down at their "Irish Stout Caramel Milkshake" recipe! :yuck:

There are several recipes available online for making cake with beer in the microwave. Here are a few options:1. "Microwave Chocolate Beer Cake" from Allrecipes.com: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/241091/microwave-chocolate-beer-cake/2. "Guinness Cake in the Microwave" from BBC Good Food: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/guinness-cake-microwave3. "5-Minute Chocolate Stout Mug Cake" from The Kitchn: https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-5-minute-chocolate-stout-mug-cake-recipes-from-the-kitchn-202316You can also try searching for "microwave beer cake recipes" on a search engine like Google to find more options. Happy baking!

1. Can I use any type of beer in a cake recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of beer in a cake recipe. However, keep in mind that the flavor of the beer will affect the taste of the cake. Lighter beers, such as lagers or wheat beers, will result in a milder flavor while darker beers, such as stouts or porters, will result in a stronger flavor.

2. Do I need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe when using beer?

Yes, you will need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe when using beer. Generally, you will need to reduce the amount of other liquids, such as milk or water, in the recipe by about 1/4 cup for every 12 ounces of beer added.

3. How does beer affect the texture of a cake?

Beer can affect the texture of a cake in a few ways. The carbonation in beer can help make the cake lighter and fluffier. The alcohol in beer can also evaporate during baking, resulting in a slightly denser and moister cake. The type of beer used can also impact the texture, with lighter beers resulting in a more delicate texture and darker beers resulting in a denser texture.

4. Can I use non-alcoholic beer in a cake recipe?

Yes, you can use non-alcoholic beer in a cake recipe. However, keep in mind that the alcohol in beer can add flavor and moisture to the cake, so the end result may be slightly different in taste and texture. You may also need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe as non-alcoholic beer tends to have a higher water content.

5. Are there any specific tips for baking a cake with beer?

Yes, there are a few tips to keep in mind when baking a cake with beer. First, make sure to use room temperature beer and ingredients for best results. Also, be sure to mix the batter gently and avoid over-mixing to prevent the cake from becoming dense. Finally, consider pairing the type of beer with the flavors in the cake, such as using a fruity beer for a citrus cake or a chocolate stout for a chocolate cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • esavvymom