• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

E-mail invitations

pcjulie

Aug 16, 2005
I was wondering if there was a way to find out whether or not e-invitations go through to the intended recipient? I had yet another host tell me that some of the people I e-mailed invitaions to didn't receive it. Am I the only one who finds this frustrating? :mad:

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Are you sure that they did not get them? Is it possible that the e-mails were delivered to their junk box? If they don't check their junk then it's possible that they got it and didn't realize it...I always tell my hosts that they need to call their guests and tell them that an e-invite was sent and that they may need to check their junk box.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I haven't had a problem. I love how if they say no, it prompts them to place an order! Some people don't respond at all and I don't know if its a bad address of if they're just rude.

Does the e-vite come from the hosts email address or ours?

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I have no idea, I know that when I sent out the HWC invites I received one in my non-PC e-mail box as the host and all it said was "your are invited, blah, blah, blah."

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Hmmm... I was going to add about the junk mail to make sure people know the host and consultant email address so it doesn't go in the junk folder.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Email invitations....

My director gave us this info a couple of months ago......she was told this at Leadership Conf. First, many servers (Yahoo being one) will not allow mail to go through that is sent to alot of addresses at the same time (thinking it is spam) so you need to instruct your hosts to send invitations in batches of 10 or less. ALSO - and this is what really stinks! - IF an email does not go through, and is bounced back - it gets bounced back to HO, not to you, so you have no way of knowing if it actually went through. I do tell my hosts to make sure I am on their buddy list - and that is also why I now leave it up to my hosts to send the email invites - so the invite is coming from them and not me.
I am in no way a Computer expert - this is just what I was told :eek:

Becky

jrstephens

Legend Member
Feb 18, 2006
i wish the same thing

I wish we new if the e-vites went for sure too. I have not had any problems with them, but it would just make me feel if the bounced messages came back to me.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
If we send them it comes from our email, and if the host sends it, they come from theirs?

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
I tell all my hosts to talk to their friends in person about the party - then send the invitations to give details. Something like, "Sally, I'm having a PC party the first Saturday in June. I hope, you'll be able to come and will send you an invite with the details." Then, if someone doesn't get an invitation, they won't be shocked with a reminder call the day before the show if they didn't receive anything....BEE