• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Down From Tl to Consultant and Frustrated!

In summary, the author is asking for some seasoned consultants to give them some tips on how to recruit more effectively.
hmolah
Well, I'm asking for some seasoned consultants to give me some tips! I am I guess considered seasoned myself, but I've only worked my business consistently and full-time since late last summer. I've only ever recruited 4 people in my total 5 year career, as I was a hobbiest and not interested in building a team. I've got the 4-pile or "full-service" check out perfected - and I ask every person at the show if they'd like to take advantage of the opportunity before I ask about hosting, etc. I always start with the big fish - following in my director's footsteps. But, after signing 2, what seemed to be energetic recruits last August and watching them fall off the PC bandwagon (with consistent contact from myself and my director, btw!), I've not had any recruits since! I've taken the classes online trying to improve my recruiting skills, things to say etc, I've even participated in the Step Up program and followed what they suggest; but I'm getting nothing! Over the last 5 days at 2 parties I had myself in front of about 40+ people and not a single person was interested in the biz! And I get compliments on my shows and bookings every time, so I know I'm not THAT bad at this! lol I had 2 that said "maybe", but then I haven't heard a thing since. Even my 2 HO recruit leads have been dead-ends. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but sometimes just the smallest thing will click and the "A-ha!" moment will happen. I'm looking for suggestions and maybe that moment here! lol

I'm so geared and pumped up for being a director (making PC my full-time job) and I have a consistent show schedule (want to get about 10 a month, but I average 5-8 shows a month) and I always ask EVERYONE! I can't get to director based on sales, so I need to do SOMETHING!

What am I missing? I'm sure it is something simple - I just don't know what!

Thanks in advance!

I have struggled with recruiting too. I have had to realize that it is not about me promoting or me recruiting, it is about helping someone find something that will help them in their life. I in a way had to let go of the desire to "Promote" and just share.

etteluap70PC said:
I have struggled with recruiting too. I have had to realize that it is not about me promoting or me recruiting, it is about helping someone find something that will help them in their life. I in a way had to let go of the desire to "Promote" and just share.

Well said. Make it about them not you. It seems like when we want it the most it evades us. Make a plan and work at it every day. You will have success only 1 in 10 who makes it as far as the interview will sign and not all of them will be star consultants so you have to keep asking. Talk about the meetings and perks and what you and others do with their commission. Watch for the red flags and most of all have fun! Fun is contageous and people want to be part of it.

Also YOU have to contact THEM. No matter how excited they are when you talk they will rarely call you. ...kind of like hosts.:rolleyes:

BethCooks4U said:
Also YOU have to contact THEM. No matter how excited they are when you talk they will rarely call you. ...kind of like hosts.:rolleyes:

I agree...I do need to make it more about them. Wow, my director has said the same, but I keep thinking about how nice the Director status would be not to mention those trip points! And I am trying to make all of that happen rather than it just happen upon me.

I'm just afraid I'm becoming a stalker when I call 2 times a week...when do you stop calling and just let them go???

I need this to be my full-time job, so I'm just so anxious to get there and I'm working hard to get there. I guess I'm a bit impatient, but I don't want to push people away either by following up too much or too often...

I've also been in the business for over 5 years. I have never had as good of a response as I have had lately. I play a game. I have them turn over their drawing slips (customer care cards) and tell them they have 1 minute to write down any questions they have about my job with The Pampered Chef. The one with the most questions wins. I then have her read them off to me. I then ask if anyone has any questions she didn't ask. It gets people very interested and it's not pushy. I then tell them if them if anyone is interested in doing what I do I have some info. for them.

I've gotten agt least one interested person at each show. I hsve one who wants to sign this month. I don't have a lot of recruits since I only average 1 show a month.

Good Luck!

I play a game where you give a pc product to one person (seasons best, bamboo spoon, spice or whatever) and tell them that they have 2 minutes to ask me a question about what I do as a consultant. whoever has the gift in their hand when time is up gets to keep it. Its fast, easy, and really gets ppl asking questions b/c everyone wants it in THEIR hands last!

hmolah said:
I agree...I do need to make it more about them. Wow, my director has said the same, but I keep thinking about how nice the Director status would be not to mention those trip points! And I am trying to make all of that happen rather than it just happen upon me.

I'm just afraid I'm becoming a stalker when I call 2 times a week...when do you stop calling and just let them go???

I need this to be my full-time job, so I'm just so anxious to get there and I'm working hard to get there. I guess I'm a bit impatient, but I don't want to push people away either by following up too much or too often...

When you first meet them tell them you will be calling and each time you leave a message tell them that they can call you back but that you will be calling again. After several calls leave a message saying that you are afraid that you are calling at the wrong time and that you don't want to be bugging them but "you did say you wanted _____" (quote them). After a couple weeks of 2x per week I'd make it once a week and then once a month at different times on different days and then I'd say, "I guess maybe you aren't interested after all right now. I'll keep you on my list and let you know when Pampered Chef offers special promotions. Please feel free to call when me any time." Then I'd call every 3-6 months. If you have their email, be sure to send out a monthly newsletter and an email each time PC offers an incentive for joining.

play the ticket game. I have recruited 22 people since April doing it. get yourself promoted to TL or above to get HO leads and you will see the results consistantly. Once you build up the consistancy you can maintain easier.

PCJenni said:
play the ticket game. I have recruited 22 people since April doing it. get yourself promoted to TL or above to get HO leads and you will see the results consistantly. Once you build up the consistancy you can maintain easier.

Thanks for the tips. I actually do the game at every show. I think in the last few months only once or twice did I not do the game.

HO leads were great when I was TL - but none of them have panned out into recruits. :(

After talking to my director, she said I'm doing everything I should be doing - I just need to keep doing it and not give up. She does 8-10 shows a month and only gets about 2-3 recruits a month. She is a superstar and has spoken at NC and Leadership before. I'm just going to keep plugging away I guess! I'm so impatient right now and want to get this kicked up so fast!

What does it mean to be "Down From Tl to Consultant and Frustrated!"?

"Down From Tl to Consultant and Frustrated!" typically refers to a decrease in rank from a Team Leader (TL) to a Consultant within the Pampered Chef business model. This can be a frustrating experience for consultants who were previously at a higher rank and may feel demotivated or unsure of how to move forward.

Why do some consultants experience a decrease in rank?

There are various reasons why a consultant may experience a decrease in rank from TL to Consultant. This can be due to a decrease in sales, not meeting the minimum requirements for the TL rank, or not actively building and training their team.

What steps can be taken to improve from "Down From Tl to Consultant and Frustrated!"?

If you find yourself in this situation, it's important to assess your current business strategies and identify areas for improvement. This can include focusing on increasing sales, actively recruiting and training team members, and setting achievable goals for yourself.

Is it possible to regain the TL rank after experiencing a decrease?

Yes, it is possible to regain the TL rank after experiencing a decrease. However, it will require dedication and hard work to improve your business and meet the requirements for the TL rank again. Don't get discouraged and stay focused on your goals.

What support is available for consultants who are "Down From Tl to Consultant and Frustrated!"?

Pampered Chef offers various resources and support for consultants who are experiencing a decrease in rank and feeling frustrated. This can include training and coaching opportunities, peer support from other consultants, and guidance from your upline leader. Don't hesitate to reach out for help and support when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedchefqueen
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies