• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doubling the Sundried Tomato & Sausage Risotto

In summary, a user is asking if a recipe can be doubled in a DCB, to which another user responds that they have successfully done so and that it is a delicious recipe. They discuss the cooking times and amount of chicken broth needed. The user who doubled the recipe has four children and shares their ages. The conversation then turns to the user's surprise at becoming a grandmother. The original user rambles about their own family and apologizes for sharing.
babywings76
Gold Member
I make this in the DCB and am wondering if it could be doubled and still fit in there. Anyone know?

Bumping...anyone know?

I'm answering my own question...I just made it tonight. It can fit in the DCB. It doesn't boil over. Just at the end when you mix everything else in for the final mixture, it's quite full and you have to go slowly and carefully. But it fits.

I haven't tried this recipe- how do you like it? (If you're doubling it, you're either going to a potluck, or you like it very much!)

Amanda, haha, that was going to be my suggestion! Try it and tell us how it goes. It is good, isn't it? I'll have to make this again next week (already have this week's menu planned and purchased - yay me!).

Amanda- Did you double everything, including the chicken broth? Did you double the cooking time?I've been wondering this (for some of my larger shows... granted, it would take too long!) but haven't tried it out yet. Would really like to know how you worked it out! TIA!P.S. If you haven't tried the risotto yet TRY IT TODAY... it's amazing :)

I doubled everything. I think I used too much chicken broth though. It took a while to absorb. There was still some not absorbed, but it was creamy-like. I stuck to the original times, but checked it and had to add another 2 minutes to the onion part, and another 2 min. to the chicken broth coming to a simmer part. I really like this recipe and the past couple times I made it I was sad I didn't have left-overs. I thought I'd be having company, so I bought enough ingredients to double it. We didn't end up having the company for this meal, so it was just a huge batch for me and my family (4 kids and DH). Now I have dinner ready for another night! :) Yum!

babywings76 said:
I doubled everything. I think I used too much chicken broth though. It took a while to absorb. There was still some not absorbed, but it was creamy-like. I stuck to the original times, but checked it and had to add another 2 minutes to the onion part, and another 2 min. to the chicken broth coming to a simmer part.

I really like this recipe and the past couple times I made it I was sad I didn't have left-overs. I thought I'd be having company, so I bought enough ingredients to double it. We didn't end up having the company for this meal, so it was just a huge batch for me and my family (4 kids and DH). Now I have dinner ready for another night! :) Yum!

WOW! 4 kids!!! Holy cow! What ages?

9, 7, 3, 20 months :) They all have birthdays within 3 weeks of each other and are coming up this fall.

Wow, that's almost as bad as Christmas! Have to buy all those gifts at once, and all those parties!!! Do you just have one big party or give them all their own? That is awesome! Great family! I have 3 but the first one, my DS is 21 (I had him a long time ago, my DH and I were married when he was 13 and DH adopted him, most people say he looks more like DH then me, they don't know that he adopted him), then DH and I had 2 more, DD will be 7 next month and DS will be 5 in November. And I just found out that I'm going to be a grandma next year! :eek: CRAZY!!! I'm still reeling a little from that one! Not sure that I'm old enough to be a grandma! I guess I am though! His fiance already has a 9 month old daughter, so the grandma stuff has already started... Although it is hard being the ultimate grandma when I still have small kids at home that need so much attention, but I'm doing my best! Anyway, sorry for rambling, just felt the need to share for some reason, sorry! :blushing:

ChefPaulaB said:
Wow, that's almost as bad as Christmas! Have to buy all those gifts at once, and all those parties!!! Do you just have one big party or give them all their own? That is awesome! Great family! I have 3 but the first one, my DS is 21 (I had him a long time ago, my DH and I were married when he was 13 and DH adopted him, most people say he looks more like DH then me, they don't know that he adopted him), then DH and I had 2 more, DD will be 7 next month and DS will be 5 in November. And I just found out that I'm going to be a grandma next year! :eek: CRAZY!!! I'm still reeling a little from that one! Not sure that I'm old enough to be a grandma! I guess I am though! His fiance already has a 9 month old daughter, so the grandma stuff has already started... Although it is hard being the ultimate grandma when I still have small kids at home that need so much attention, but I'm doing my best! Anyway, sorry for rambling, just felt the need to share for some reason, sorry! :blushing:

It's so fun getting to know each other better. :) Thanks for sharing! That's so neat being a grandma and at the same time having younger kids. The kids will grow up closer than typically aunts and uncles w/ their nieces and nephews. :)

It does get crazy w/ the birthdays and such. We combine the 2 in Oct for one family party. One is a birthday on Halloween, so the past 2 years we had everyone come over here to do trick or treating after dinner and then they'd come back for cake. Seems kind of silly with them holding huge bags of candy. But it's fun so I don't have to come up w/ a fun kid activity and treats. :D The Oct. birthdays are the 2 younger ones, so we haven't had friend parties for them yet. The older ones in November are boy and girl, so they each have their own separate friend party, but we combine them for a family one. My daughter also shares her birthday w/ my dad, so we typically do the family party on that day and sing to my dad as well.

But after all the parties and such it seems crazy getting together just a couple weeks later for Thanksgiving and then more presents on Christmas. I was always tempted to celebrate on their half birthdays so that we can be in a different season! :D

babywings76 said:
It's so fun getting to know each other better. :) Thanks for sharing! That's so neat being a grandma and at the same time having younger kids. The kids will grow up closer than typically aunts and uncles w/ their nieces and nephews. :)

It does get crazy w/ the birthdays and such. We combine the 2 in Oct for one family party. One is a birthday on Halloween, so the past 2 years we had everyone come over here to do trick or treating after dinner and then they'd come back for cake. Seems kind of silly with them holding huge bags of candy. But it's fun so I don't have to come up w/ a fun kid activity and treats. :D The Oct. birthdays are the 2 younger ones, so we haven't had friend parties for them yet. The older ones in November are boy and girl, so they each have their own separate friend party, but we combine them for a family one. My daughter also shares her birthday w/ my dad, so we typically do the family party on that day and sing to my dad as well.

But after all the parties and such it seems crazy getting together just a couple weeks later for Thanksgiving and then more presents on Christmas. I was always tempted to celebrate on their half birthdays so that we can be in a different season! :D

My youngest is November 12 and it is crazy after that with Thanksgiving and then Christmas... A lot of times while we're birthday gift shopping for him we're also buying xmas gifts. We always decide that he is way too spoiled because there are just not enough things for everyone to buy for both holidays, because he has everything! I've thought about the half b-day thing too, maybe it would be good for older kids, not sure about younger ones though, don't know if they'd get it...

Where is this recipe? Can you post it?

It's in the S/S '09 Season's Best. :)

Related to Doubling the Sundried Tomato & Sausage Risotto

1. How many servings does the doubled Sundried Tomato & Sausage Risotto recipe make?

The doubled recipe makes approximately 8 servings.

2. Can I use any type of sausage in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of sausage you prefer. Just make sure to cook it thoroughly before adding it to the risotto.

3. Can I substitute the sun-dried tomatoes with fresh tomatoes?

Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried tomatoes. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces before adding them to the risotto.

4. Do I need to use a specific type of rice for this recipe?

Yes, you will need to use Arborio rice for this recipe. It is a shorter-grain rice that is specifically used for making risotto.

5. Can I freeze the leftover risotto?

Yes, you can freeze the leftover risotto for future meals. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithhart
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies