• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Double the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

In summary, you can double the recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, store leftover chowder in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, use frozen or fresh potatoes for the recipe, substitute heavy cream with half-and-half or whole milk, and make the chowder in a slow cooker by sautéing the vegetables and then cooking on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours, adding cream and cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
kcjodih
Gold Member
and will it all fit in the DCB or do I need to make it twice? This is for our dinner tonight and I just know I'll need more than one batch. Also if I can't double it and have to do two batches, does it reheat well?

you need to make it twice.I think it tastes better reheated.

Doubling is too much for the DCB.
Agree with Deb - it reheats very nicely.
I'm making that tonight, too!

Thanks ladies. I ended up not doubling or making twice since DD didn't make it home for dinner. 3 of us and there's a little left over for one for lunch tomorrow (served with salad and bread). YUMMY!

Hi there! Great question. The DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is perfect for cooking large meals, so you should be able to fit everything in one batch. However, if you do need to make two batches, the food reheats very well in the DCB. Just make sure to cover it with the lid or foil to keep it moist. Happy cooking!

1. Can I double the recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

Yes, you can certainly double the recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. Just make sure to use a larger pot and adjust the cooking time accordingly. You may also need to adjust the seasoning to taste.

2. How do I store leftover Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

Leftover Loaded Baked Potato Chowder can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it in a pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.

3. Can I use frozen potatoes for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen diced potatoes for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them first before adding them to the chowder. Alternatively, you can use fresh potatoes and dice them yourself.

4. What can I substitute for the heavy cream in this recipe?

You can substitute half-and-half or whole milk for the heavy cream in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the chowder may not be as creamy and rich as it would be with heavy cream.

5. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Simply follow the instructions for sautéing the vegetables and then transfer everything to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Add the cream and cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lakamper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Meigs