• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doubling the Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto??

In summary, the recipe can be doubled if needed. Pre-heating the broth helps speed up the cooking time.
meganmcg
Has anyone tried doubling the recipe for the Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto recipe? I made it once and don't think that the DCB was too full that it couldn't hold a second batch. TIA!

I've done double and 1 1/2 times, and both worked fine, but it does take ALOT longer to get all of the liquid to simmer. You can pre-heat the broth which helps. I sometimes use a mixture of canned broth and bouillion cubes, which I dissolve in boiling water, so that obviously makes it quicker to heat up than using just cold canned broth.

Last edited:
I JUST did this at my show Saturday night and it came out PERFECTLY!!! I was nervous b/c the host wanted that recipe (which I had never done before) AND wanted to double it (so I was really scared not knowing what to expect). This is what I did.....

Doubled all the ingredients, EXCEPT we were shy on the chicken broth a little. We used 28 ounces.

Used the DCB instead of the deep dish baker. Did the whole parchment paper thing for the first step and just doubled the cooking time. Then, added all the broth, covered with the DCB lid and nuked for 18 mins. It came out absolutely PERFECT. I was surprised and amazed how great the rice came out. I think the secret was using slighly less broth and using the DCB made it so it didn't take longer than simply doubling the time for double the ingredients. KWIM?

Thank you both, I am going to go ahead with this recipe for my show tomorrow! With biscuit bites, YUM!

I love this recipe, too! It's so delicious! :) Glad to hear it doubles well. Yummy!

I guess I just love my DCB, because I misread the directions and thought it was supposed to be cooked in the DCB! The first 2 times I made it I used the parchment paper which kept coming off, so the last time I used the lid and it worked great. I also used Italian Sausage Turkey istead of the hot Italian Sausage links and it was yummy. I'm glad to hear you can double the recipe for shows. I very much prefer this over the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco.

1. What ingredients are needed for the Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto?

To make the Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto, you will need 1 cup of Arborio rice, 2 cups of chicken broth, 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes, 1 pound of Italian sausage, 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup of white wine, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, and 2 tablespoons of butter.

2. How many servings does the recipe for Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto make?

This recipe makes about 4-6 servings. It can easily be doubled to serve a larger crowd.

3. Can I substitute the Italian sausage with a different type of meat?

Yes, you can use any type of sausage or even chicken in place of the Italian sausage. You can also make this recipe vegetarian by omitting the meat altogether.

4. How do I double the recipe for Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto?

To double the recipe, simply double all of the ingredients listed. You may need to use a larger pot to accommodate the increased amount of risotto.

5. How long does it take to cook the Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto?

The total cooking time for this recipe is about 30 minutes. The rice will need to cook for about 20-25 minutes until it is tender and the risotto is creamy. It is important to stir frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vonfirmath
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bridgetbakes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach