1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Doubling the Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto??

1. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

Has anyone tried doubling the recipe for the Sun Dried Tomato & Sausage Risotto recipe? I made it once and don't think that the DCB was too full that it couldn't hold a second batch. TIA!

May 17, 2009
  2. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

I've done double and 1 1/2 times, and both worked fine, but it does take ALOT longer to get all of the liquid to simmer. You can pre-heat the broth which helps. I sometimes use a mixture of canned broth and bouillion cubes, which I dissolve in boiling water, so that obviously makes it quicker to heat up than using just cold canned broth.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
    May 17, 2009
  3. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

I JUST did this at my show Saturday night and it came out PERFECTLY!!! I was nervous b/c the host wanted that recipe (which I had never done before) AND wanted to double it (so I was really scared not knowing what to expect). This is what I did.....

Doubled all the ingredients, EXCEPT we were shy on the chicken broth a little. We used 28 ounces.

Used the DCB instead of the deep dish baker. Did the whole parchment paper thing for the first step and just doubled the cooking time. Then, added all the broth, covered with the DCB lid and nuked for 18 mins. It came out absolutely PERFECT. I was surprised and amazed how great the rice came out. I think the secret was using slighly less broth and using the DCB made it so it didn't take longer than simply doubling the time for double the ingredients. KWIM?

May 18, 2009
  4. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

Thank you both, I am going to go ahead with this recipe for my show tomorrow! With biscuit bites, YUM!

May 18, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I love this recipe, too! It's so delicious! :) Glad to hear it doubles well. Yummy!

May 18, 2009
  6. cookingwithhart

cookingwithhart Member

I guess I just love my DCB, because I misread the directions and thought it was supposed to be cooked in the DCB! The first 2 times I made it I used the parchment paper which kept coming off, so the last time I used the lid and it worked great. I also used Italian Sausage Turkey istead of the hot Italian Sausage links and it was yummy. I'm glad to hear you can double the recipe for shows. I very much prefer this over the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted