• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Don't Spoil It for Someone Else...read Further:

In summary, the person is asking that the spoiler box be moved down so that only the people who want to know about the content will be able to see it.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I posted this as a "response" in Greg's "Spoiler Box" thread...but I am afraid that people are not gonna read it, cuz they think it's just the old thread and no new info. So....I am reposting so everyone can see it!

Hey all...I just noticed on the spoiler box, that if it is right at the beginning of the post, if you "hover" your mouse over the post title (to see the start of the post...I do this to see if I really want to click on a post sometimes) that you can SEE WHAT'S IN THE SPOILER BOX!

So....even if you are using a spoiler box, be sure your text is lower in the body of the post, or someone can STILL ACCIDENTALLY see what you have written!

Just so you don't accidentally "spoil" it for someone down the road!!

Thanks for posting this! I often look at the start of a thread that way when I am scanning the board - especially when there are a lot of threads. The one that Greg posted is a good example of how far down the spoiler needs to be - his wasn't far enough down.

testing testing

testing this because I don't understand

update: works fine for me

When you look at NEW POSTS, and just leave your cursor over it, you'll see that Brad pitt is an alien without even clicking the thread.

She's asking that you move the spoiler box down like I just did!!! Hope I helped!

Greg, it's an issue when it's the first post in a thread. The spoiler text shows up in the preview box when one hovers a mouse over the thread title.

ah i see now, unfortunately this can't be worked around other than not having it be the first thing in a post. I don't think it will be that common.

Admin Greg said:
ah i see now, unfortunately this can't be worked around other than not having it be the first thing in a post. I don't think it will be that common.

I accept your challenge! :) LOL

Admin Greg said:

Kitchen Diva said:
I accept your challenge! :) LOL

Sounded like a challenge to me, too! You'd think Greg would know better by now, wouldn't you????

i really do not understand this whole spoiler thing in the forst place. What are we talking about and what are we worried about people seeing? If we are worried about what we write we should not be writing it on here.

katie0128 said:
Sounded like a challenge to me, too! You'd think Greg would know better by now, wouldn't you????

Ah, hey there my friend! Glad to see you are still around! I say we accept his challenge...you and me will be an unbeatable team!!!

gbakes27 said:
i really do not understand this whole spoiler thing in the forst place. What are we talking about and what are we worried about people seeing? If we are worried about what we write we should not be writing it on here.

There are times when people will watch a TV show for example, Like American Idol and the East Coast will see the results show 3 hours before the West Coast will see it. By clicking on the eyeball in the above text box when you reply to a message you type your stuff inbetween the two blocks of the word SPOLIER- so that no one will be able to see who was voted off the island (as one example) What they are asking is that you but the spoiler box further down in the post so that when someone hovers their mouse over a thread title, you won't see the contents of the hidden spoiler box. Here is an example.

Let's say I know who got booted off The Next Food Network Star and I wanna talk about it. However I know that everyone who loves that show might not get around to watching it until the next day. So I'll do this:

Guess who was voted off the show toinght?

Joe Idiot was voted off food network star show tonight

that way, only the people that want to know it will look in the spoiler box, as long as I put it about 2 inches down in my post...

Does that help?

no, thanks for trying but i just really don't get most of the stuff people do on here. What 'eyeball'? I DO see the point of the spoiler thing - great idea. I just don't know how to do it . It's ok - I don't even have tv right now. You can 'spoli' me all you want!! LOL Have a great night!
gina

gbakes27 said:
no, thanks for trying but i just really don't get most of the stuff people do on here. What 'eyeball'? I DO see the point of the spoiler thing - great idea. I just don't know how to do it . It's ok - I don't even have tv right now. You can 'spoli' me all you want!! LOL Have a great night!
gina

When you hit the reply to post button you get the gray box that you type text into for a post. Up above where the options to change your font, or color, or choose your smiley face is an eyeball- you click on that to add a spoiler to your thread. You are essentially saying I'm telling you a secret and if you don't want to know it, don't click on the spoiler- if you do want to know, come on and read it...

Does that help????

What does "Don't Spoil It for Someone Else...read Further" mean?

"Don't Spoil It for Someone Else...read Further" is a reminder to not reveal any spoilers or surprise details about a product or recipe before someone has had the chance to experience it for themselves.

Why is it important to not spoil something for someone else?

Spoiling something for someone else takes away the joy and surprise of discovering it for themselves. It can also ruin the experience and may even discourage them from trying it.

What types of products or recipes should I avoid spoiling for someone else?

You should avoid spoiling any type of product or recipe that has not yet been released or that someone has not yet had the chance to try. This includes new products, limited edition items, and surprise elements in recipes.

Is it okay to share my own experiences with a product or recipe?

Yes, it is okay to share your own experiences with a product or recipe, as long as you do not reveal any spoilers or surprise details that may ruin it for someone else.

How can I avoid spoiling something for someone else?

The best way to avoid spoiling something for someone else is to be mindful of what you share and to always ask if it is okay to share before revealing any details. You can also use spoiler alerts or warnings before discussing potentially spoiler-filled content.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
heat123