• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Have Microsoft Word on Your Computer?

In summary, Open Office is a free program that will open nearly every Microsoft Office file. It's available at http://www.openoffice.org/.
jenniferp417
I know there are some of you here who don't have Word and can't afford to go buy it... and there are SO MANY files here that are in Word format...

Go to http://www.openoffice.org/ and click on the green box to download "Open Office." It's 100% free, and will open nearly every Micrsoft Office file out there.

Sometimes the formatting isn't quite the same, but that can easily be tweaked.

But free is good! :)

jenniferp417 said:
I know there are some of you here who don't have Word and can't afford to go buy it... and there are SO MANY files here that are in Word format...

Go to http://www.openoffice.org/ and click on the green box to download "Open Office." It's 100% free, and will open nearly every Micrsoft Office file out there.

Sometimes the formatting isn't quite the same, but that can easily be tweaked.

But free is good! :)

I'm not really the GEEK in our house, my DH is & he says that everyone that has windows should have word, because it comes with it.

Ginger428 said:
I'm not really the GEEK in our house, my DH is & he says that everyone that has windows should have word, because it comes with it.
No actually when I got my laptop we had to Pay extra to have word. MicroSoft suite doesn't or didn't always come included:(

CAmomCookin4U said:
No actually when I got my laptop we had to Pay extra to have word. MicroSoft suite doesn't or didn't always come included:(

WOW...That sux.....:(

Ginger428 said:
WOW...That sux.....:(
Well for my parents (Yes). That bought it as a surprise gift for me because I had gone back to school for my Teacher's Credential and they new I used MS Word a ton. Just getting the laptop was a blessing. I would have paid to add it myself.:)

Ginger428 said:
Sometimes when you buy a computer with Windows, you've paid extra and Word is part of the package... but I can tell you with 100% certainty that Word does *NOT* come with Windows. I wish it did, but it does not.Microsoft sells them separately, and at exorbitant prices, because they can.(I can say with certainty because I sold computers and software for seven years).

Last edited:
Unless, Ginger, your DH means "Wordpad" which is a notepad program that will open word files but has EXTREMELY limited features and usually removes/mangles the formatting of the sorts of files we usually use here.

jenniferp417 said:
Unless, Ginger, your DH means "Wordpad" which is a notepad program that will open word files but has EXTREMELY limited features and usually removes/mangles the formatting of the sorts of files we usually use here.

You're right ....:rolleyes: ;)

You can also download a free trial of Office 2007. I think it's a 90 day trial, when it expires you can no longer modify files but you can still open and view them.

My husband just reloaded our computer and put open office on here. The only thing that I don't like about it, is Open Office Draw. :) Word and everything is fine.

Yeah, I never use OO Draw either.

So can you open and modify a file, or just open to view?

mom2leelee said:
So can you open and modify a file, or just open to view?

With the trial version of Office? After it's expired, the most you'll be able to do is view - no modifications.

We got the trial version with our computer and it just expired...any military people out there should be able to get Microsoft Office(with word) sent to you for FREE just pay shipping (for us that was $19.99) but considering to buy it ourselves it was way over $200! I believe the military worked out some deal with microsoft. I'm sorry I'm not much help as far as who to contact. maybe a recruitment office or PX or something like that.

jenniferp417 said:
With the trial version of Office? After it's expired, the most you'll be able to do is view - no modifications.

No I was referring to the program you mentioned.

Thanks for that tip! Someone in my DL has Wordperfect and can't open anything I send her!

Katie,You can open, modify, create... basically you can do anything in Open Office that you can do in Microsoft Office... it just doesn't cost you anything. :)

SWEET! I hope I can download it since I have already did the office trial thing!

Related to Don't Have Microsoft Word on Your Computer?

1. How can I open and edit Pampered Chef documents without Microsoft Word?

There are a few options for opening and editing Pampered Chef documents without Microsoft Word. You can use a free online word processing tool like Google Docs or OpenOffice, which are compatible with Microsoft Word files. Another option is to install a free word processor like LibreOffice, which is similar to Microsoft Word but does not require a subscription. Lastly, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance in converting the document to a different format that can be opened with a different program.

2. Can I still participate in Pampered Chef parties and events if I don't have Microsoft Word?

Absolutely! While Microsoft Word is the preferred program for creating and editing Pampered Chef documents, it is not a requirement to participate in parties and events. You can still access and view the documents through alternative programs or by requesting a physical copy from your Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Is there a way to download Microsoft Word for free to use with Pampered Chef documents?

No, unfortunately Microsoft Word is not available for free. It is a paid program that requires a subscription. However, there are alternative free programs that can be used to open and edit Pampered Chef documents, such as the ones mentioned in the first question.

4. Will I miss out on any features or information if I don't have Microsoft Word?

Not necessarily. While Microsoft Word may offer additional features and formatting options, the basic information and instructions in Pampered Chef documents can still be accessed and understood without the program. If you have any specific concerns or questions, please reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

5. Can I use a mobile device to view and edit Pampered Chef documents if I don't have Microsoft Word on my computer?

Yes, you can use a mobile device to view and edit Pampered Chef documents. There are mobile versions of Microsoft Word available for download, as well as alternative word processing apps that can open and edit Microsoft Word files. You can also access and view the documents through a web browser on your mobile device. However, we recommend using a computer for the best editing experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dwyerkim
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
swtnsssychef
  • DebbieJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Pampered-princess
  • kam